Summer business

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Summer business

Post by Chompy » 08 Apr 2018, 14:51

The season is done, so time to start looking at what we might do in the summer I guess.

This will do for starters ta very much.

http://the72.co.uk/100147/nottingham-fo ... ited-star/

superposh80

Re: Summer business

Post by superposh80 » 08 Apr 2018, 15:17

Sell Maddison and Marriott for 8 mill...That'll give us plenty of cash to go to war with.

We certainly need a few....

Goalkeeper..Right back...Left back...Centre back...a couple of central midfielders...Number 10...2 strikers.

Eisa and Cullen are two I'd like.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Apr 2018, 15:36

Eisa would be a major coup. Cullen likewise. Otis Khan also on my shopping list. And we'll have Chuks Aneke ta when MK get relegated.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Apr 2018, 17:30

Ooh and George Boyd.

john316z

Post by john316z » 08 Apr 2018, 19:24

Can't see Maddison being part of Evans team. Doesn't work hard enough for Evans in my book. Sell him and Marriott (we'll have no chance of keeping him without promotion). Bankroll a big pudh. No idea who but Chuks would be a great shout assuming the imposters go down

Hope we hang on to Gwion as he's the real engine in our side. If we're getting Boyd back can we have Tomlin too? And Ryan Bennett....

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Apr 2018, 19:39

:-)

Boydy is deemed surplus to requirements at Sheff Wed. I have a friend who's a season ticket holder and he called him a 'mercenary'. Incred! Boydy! A mercenary! He stayed with us too long and is now in the process of playing the wages game probably, but he's always been a model pro.

He turns 33 in the autumn and his best days are behind him, but he's got another year contract at t'Owls.

It's down to what he wants to do I guess but he'd still be able to run games in L1 and, if we can get close to what he's been paid now and he wants one more season playing rather than sitting, who knows? We'd be mad to not at least enquire.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Apr 2018, 19:40

When Stevey E came in I forecast Maddison would go one of two ways under him, he'd either thrive or he'd vanish. I think we all know which way he's gone. Sell, sell. Otis Khan would be an ACTUAL replacement too, not one the half-ar$ed efforts DMac has brought in based on stats. Quality this kid.

"The prospect of having Lee Tomlin and Maddison in the same team, should seriously excite Forest fans, as the pair could trouble defences across the division."

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Apr 2018, 02:01

superposh80 wrote:
08 Apr 2018, 15:17

We certainly need a few....

Goalkeeper..
Goalkeeper?
Chompy reckons Tyler will do.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Apr 2018, 09:22

People on both sides of the fence seem to want and demand immediate success. Suggesting we need to change as many personnel as some are suggesting can only mean they aren't prepared to let people bed in to systems. I think almost certainly Jack and Bambi will be off to pastures new in the summer, hopefully Bogle we'll find Platform 2 for his train back to darkest Wales. Of the others there are a few I would like to persevere with. O'Malley, Sheppard, Taff, Hughes, Anderson, LDSL, Edwards, Junior, Lloyd, Kanu, Freestone, Borg, Stevens and probably a few others who's names this O F can't remember. If you look across the leagues at some successes of players we've let go to early. the names Angol, Coulthirst, Newell, Ajose spring immediately to mind there are countless others . I think we let Whelpdale go to soon. Some moved on who deserved better eg Assombalonga, Mackail Smith, Boyd, Bennett, Gayle, Washington, but we could hardly keep them, it would be unfair to them and their families.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 09 Apr 2018, 10:22

Couthirst and Angol? Yikes!

Keep - O'Malley, Tibbetts. Buy an old-boy back-up for CO'M, who'll be our number one.
Keep - Shephard, Hughes, Taff, Taylor (make captain), Cartwright, Freestone. Sell Baldwin, release Penny. Buy a LB, a RB and a CB. Hughes is a useful utility player, much like Alcock. Very useful to have.
Keep - Gwion, Ward, LDSL, Jermaine, Cooper. Sell Forrester, Lloyd, Maddison, release Doughty, Grant, Chettle, Borg. Bring in four...Cullen, Boyd, Otis Khan, Chuks.
Keep - Kanu. Sell Marriott, Morias, release Miller. Bring in three, including Eisa.

Job's a good'un. Twelve out, eleven in.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 09 Apr 2018, 11:38

bristleposh wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:22
People on both sides of the fence seem to want and demand immediate success. Suggesting we need to change as many personnel as some are suggesting can only mean they aren't prepared to let people bed in to systems. I think almost certainly Jack and Bambi will be off to pastures new in the summer, hopefully Bogle we'll find Platform 2 for his train back to darkest Wales. Of the others there are a few I would like to persevere with. O'Malley, Sheppard, Taff, Hughes, Anderson, LDSL, Edwards, Junior, Lloyd, Kanu, Freestone, Borg, Stevens and probably a few others who's names this O F can't remember. If you look across the leagues at some successes of players we've let go to early. the names Angol, Coulthirst, Newell, Ajose spring immediately to mind there are countless others . I think we let Whelpdale go to soon. Some moved on who deserved better eg Assombalonga, Mackail Smith, Boyd, Bennett, Gayle, Washington, but we could hardly keep them, it would be unfair to them and their families.
Why on earth would you want to keep Stevens?

Or Borg?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Apr 2018, 12:15

superposh80 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 11:38
bristleposh wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:22
Why on earth would you want to keep Stevens?

Or Borg?
Did I not make myself clear, I thought I did

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 09 Apr 2018, 12:57

You'd like to persevere with a player who's spent his whole Posh career out on loan...another who's bottom of our wide man list...and others who's names you can't remember?

We can't carry passengers who are never going to make it.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Apr 2018, 13:08

superposh80 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 12:57
You'd like to persevere with a player who's spent his whole Posh career out on loan...another who's bottom of our wide man list...and others who's names you can't remember?

The idea of sending players out on loan is to get them games Stevens when he came to us from Barnet had a terrific goal scoring record, he has regained his goal scoring prowess at Kettering, I think he's worth another look. Borg is a young midfield player I can't see him doing anything but improve, sadly I don't think we'll be patient enough to let him develope, obviously some fans won't. Just thought Penfold was one of those whose names I couldn't remember.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 09 Apr 2018, 13:42

bristleposh wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 13:08
superposh80 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 12:57

The idea of sending players out on loan is to get them games Stevens when he came to us from Barnet had a terrific goal scoring record, he has regained his goal scoring prowess at Kettering, I think he's worth another look. Borg is a young midfield player I can't see him doing anything but improve, sadly I don't think we'll be patient enough to let him develope, obviously some fans won't. Just thought Penfold was one of those whose names I couldn't remember.
...or send them out on loan because you don't want them more like.

If Stevens had have been any good...He'd have been given a chance by now.

As the manager has said....There'll be some Steve Evans type players signing in the summer.

There'll be plenty of non Steve Evans players leaving too