Posh v Rochdale

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
Chenza
Posts: 740
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:23
Location: Everywhere

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by Chenza » 15 Apr 2018, 11:58

Seems to me every time Lopez plays in the team we become unbalanced why do managers and chairman rate him ? Every time I've seen him play he's simply ain't good enough.Dont like to single players out but for a youngster he lacks in every department for work rate.
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16604
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by ashman » 15 Apr 2018, 11:59

HantsPosh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:44
Over 20 minutes have passed since Dave Lister posted and the We Love Uncle Stevie Club haven’t jumped to his defence, must be hero worship time when you BOTH chant his name & kiss pictures of him :D :D
They seem to be losing the arguments against their opinions. Both wanted Evans, and now that he has come in and made an even worse mess than McCann was doing they are now blaming the players. They will no doubt blame McCann for buying the wrong players in the first case! IMO this squad is as good as any we have had in the past few years.
Evans' bully boy tactics seem to have coincided with the dropping of loss of form or fallouts with several players: Bond, Shephard, Taylor, Maddison, Grant, Junior, and Bogle.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5538
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by superposh80 » 15 Apr 2018, 12:08

ashman wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:59
HantsPosh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:44
Over 20 minutes have passed since Dave Lister posted and the We Love Uncle Stevie Club haven’t jumped to his defence, must be hero worship time when you BOTH chant his name & kiss pictures of him :D :D
They seem to be losing the arguments against their opinions. Both wanted Evans, and now that he has come in and made an even worse mess than McCann was doing they are now blaming the players. They will no doubt blame McCann for buying the wrong players in the first case! IMO this squad is as good as any we have had in the past few years.
Evans' bully boy tactics seem to have coincided with the dropping of loss of form or fallouts with several players: Bond, Shephard, Taylor, Maddison, Grant, Junior, and Bogle.
Total Rubbish.

john316z
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by john316z » 15 Apr 2018, 12:10

HantsPosh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:44
Over 20 minutes have passed since Dave Lister posted and the We Love Uncle Stevie Club haven’t jumped to his defence, must be hero worship time when you BOTH chant his name & kiss pictures of him :D :D
Comedy gold.... Grant is that you?

john316z
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by john316z » 15 Apr 2018, 12:12

bristleposh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 09:21
I think a lot of the bluster on here in support of Evans, whilst belittling McCann is grossly overhyped. Of yesterday's side I think Cooper (man of the match according to the sponsors), Shepperd, Morias (who everyone was screaming for inclusion) and Marriot (leading goal scorer in the football league lest we forget) were signed by McCann. O'Malley, Freestone, and Leo have come from the yoofs, whilst Baldwin, Hughes and Forrester have been around since Adam were a lad.

These were not McCann's legacy, something else is amiss in the Soke. I have always been a fan of DMac, but his insistence on attacking football seems to undermine his management teams want to defend. Once we lose possession we appear to be outplayed by even the most mediocre of sides. The tippy tappy stuff of sideways backwards hoof, of the McCann era seems to have been replaced by an immediate hoof, the same result a loss of possession, we don't have the players apart from possibly MM and Edwards to beat a man and create.

The talk of Evans signings doesn't inspire me with confidence looking at how well Mansfield were doing before his departure. I know he has had success in the past, but he appears to have been found out by managers who have worked out that this team is like a chocolate teapot.

Before we get the usual comments about did you learn all that from the radio, I have seen us play about eight times this season under McCann and twice under Evans.
McCann s side 100%. You've just followed the clique and the anti stance

Lipstick on a pig still maketh a pig

superposh80
Posts: 5538
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by superposh80 » 15 Apr 2018, 12:15

None of these players were signed by Evans.

He needs...and deserves.... 2-3 transfer windows before he is judged.

Which is 2-3 less than Grant McCann had.

john316z
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by john316z » 15 Apr 2018, 12:15

ashman wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:59
HantsPosh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:44
Over 20 minutes have passed since Dave Lister posted and the We Love Uncle Stevie Club haven’t jumped to his defence, must be hero worship time when you BOTH chant his name & kiss pictures of him :D :D
They seem to be losing the arguments against their opinions. Both wanted Evans, and now that he has come in and made an even worse mess than McCann was doing they are now blaming the players. They will no doubt blame McCann for buying the wrong players in the first case! IMO this squad is as good as any we have had in the past few years.
Evans' bully boy tactics seem to have coincided with the dropping of loss of form or fallouts with several players: Bond, Shephard, Taylor, Maddison, Grant, Junior, and Bogle.
A worse mess. Just kidding right?

Evans style is not to have lazy players and we all see that applies to Maddison, forrester, Bogle. I could go on...

I'm just loving see you guys hating Evans. Win or lose what's your preference :clap2:

john316z
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by john316z » 15 Apr 2018, 12:16

superposh80 wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:15
None of these players were signed by Evans.

He needs...and deserves.... 2-3 transfer windows before he is judged.

Which is 2-3 less than Grant McCann had.
They'll never listen. They'd rather buy the ground and end up bottom of L2. Where most of them remember first supporting Posh

HantsPosh
Posts: 329
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by HantsPosh » 15 Apr 2018, 12:32

Win or Lose???? Hmmmm remind me again who wanted us to lose v Walsall..........yep that’s right the cofounder of the We Love Uncle Stevie Club.

How was Worship this morning??

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27122
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2018, 12:33

john316z wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:12


Lipstick on a pig still maketh a pig
You haven't seen my Mrs
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z
Posts: 2133
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by john316z » 15 Apr 2018, 12:37

HantsPosh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:32
Win or Lose???? Hmmmm remind me again who wanted us to lose v Walsall..........yep that’s right the cofounder of the We Love Uncle Stevie Club.

How was Worship this morning??
Not me. Was it you? You seem to want us to lose every game now. Evans loves you HantsPosh. You just need to believe

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15927
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by DaveLister » 15 Apr 2018, 13:58

A good teacher improves the class. We've changed the teacher, and nothing has improved. If anything, it's like watching Mark Coopers Posh.

Evans will be judged on signing his own players. But Maddison, Grant, Forrester, Lloyd etc will be gone. No flair, no passing football, you've got what we saw yesterday. At least he'll sign a Tyrone Barnett type to hoof the ball up to.
Image

bettingbill
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by bettingbill » 15 Apr 2018, 14:00

I thought a prerequisite of any Evans teams, would have been graft commitment, as clearly with many this isnt happening, even those he picked never minds the one he's dropped would you say its the players or managers fault?

The interesting bit for me is how SE may fair if we keep JM & MM (please) and he has to again rely on DM's generosity to add replacements.
Though you can't argue with his record, I think, even in his NL days it would be fair to say every club he has been to have had significantly more money than their peers, that being the case will next year be determined solely by the availability of cash?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15424
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by stuie » 15 Apr 2018, 14:20

Chenza wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:58
Seems to me every time Lopez plays in the team we become unbalanced why do managers and chairman rate him ? Every time I've seen him play he's simply ain't good enough.Dont like to single players out but for a youngster he lacks in every department for work rate.
well, I thought Lopez played ok, and is improving in confidence,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15424
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by stuie » 15 Apr 2018, 14:23

DaveLister wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:58
At least he'll sign a Tyrone Barnett type to hoof the ball up to.
brill :clap:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests