Posh v Rochdale

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Re: Posh v Rochdale

Post by pleasureboy60 » 14 Apr 2018, 22:15

bettingbill wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 18:04
Doesn't. Matter how you look at it or whose fault it was, against a poor but battling side we never looked like winning and considering the stakes, that hurts and too me I mark this one done as the equal of any DM catastrophes.
Am mortified.
Really thought, even though as an old fart with old fashioned views, l didn't like the way Evans arrived, I did think if nothing else every player would battle until the final whistle, but clearly not, and though I hate criticising any players if Mr Chairman takes to twitter tonight and defends the peeformance of his young Portuguese superstar I will never read his thoughts again.
No doubt MacBlarneys prodigy will be on the team sheet at Ewood Park on Thursday. He will want to parade him in front of a TV audience. Fry will no doubt make an absolute prat of himself as he normally does when being interviewed by Sky. Remember he's the one who compared Morias to George Best!

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Apr 2018, 22:21

pleasureboy60 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 21:37
superposh80 wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 21:11
Brianposh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 20:48

All five key players you mention will NOT be here next Season.
Probably not.

Take those 5 out...and we'd struggle in league 2.

The sale of Maddison and Marriott should be able to fund a new and better squad under Evans and let's face it...We need one.
The majority of the money we receive for Madison,Marriott and possibly a few others will be spent on purchasing the ground from the council. Have no doubt!
Oh yeah I forgot.

The ground's priority.....

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 14 Apr 2018, 22:31

superposh80 wrote:

Probably not.

The sale of Maddison and Marriott should be able to fund a new and better squad under Evans and let's face it...We need one.
The majority of the money we receive for Madison,Marriott and possibly a few others will be spent on purchasing the ground from the council. Have no doubt!
[/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot.

[/quote]

HOPE SO. :clap:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Apr 2018, 23:18

DaveLister wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 19:08
john316z wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 17:57
DaveLister wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 17:30

So did Darren Ferguson. Three promotions and a JPT he won at Posh, you know. Didn't seem to bother him.
I was referring to the "untouchable" McCann who seems devoid of blame given he failed in the task. Did Darren win 3 promotions and a JPT in less tahn 2 months? Some people :roll:
I'm referring to the fact that given Evans is the new Bill Shankly, I'd at least have expected some improvement
Too many sherbets today? Maybe it isn't all "fun" after all. Like I said these are McCann's donkeys he's using. Judge him next season

Oh sorry... you've decided that already. Another one in that quandary of wanting Posh to win and Evans to fail... Work that one out

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Apr 2018, 23:21

Brianposh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 22:31
superposh80 wrote:

Probably not.

Oh yeah I forgot.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a great idea... Our own ground to keep us in drifting in L1.... But Darragh's a winner right.... How does that work?

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Apr 2018, 23:42

HantsPosh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 19:56
Chompy wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 17:13
These are McCann's gutless showponies before anyone starts.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: as predictable as night following day!

You know very well that Fry & MacAnthony sign the players but hey don’t let that the facts get in the way of your obsession with Uncle Stevie. 11 points from 8 games.
Ah you made my day. The obligatory HantsPosh Fan post. Keep me smiling :clap:
Last edited by john316z on 15 Apr 2018, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Apr 2018, 06:29

Brianposh wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 22:31
superposh80 wrote:

Probably not.

Oh yeah I forgot.

[/quote]

[/quote]

NOT for the supporters it isn't.

Most of them couldn't give a toss whether we own the ground or not.

Most important thing to them is what happens on the pitch...and that the dross we have on it is replaced in the summer

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2018, 09:21

I think a lot of the bluster on here in support of Evans, whilst belittling McCann is grossly overhyped. Of yesterday's side I think Cooper (man of the match according to the sponsors), Shepperd, Morias (who everyone was screaming for inclusion) and Marriot (leading goal scorer in the football league lest we forget) were signed by McCann. O'Malley, Freestone, and Leo have come from the yoofs, whilst Baldwin, Hughes and Forrester have been around since Adam were a lad.

These were not McCann's legacy, something else is amiss in the Soke. I have always been a fan of DMac, but his insistence on attacking football seems to undermine his management teams want to defend. Once we lose possession we appear to be outplayed by even the most mediocre of sides. The tippy tappy stuff of sideways backwards hoof, of the McCann era seems to have been replaced by an immediate hoof, the same result a loss of possession, we don't have the players apart from possibly MM and Edwards to beat a man and create.

The talk of Evans signings doesn't inspire me with confidence looking at how well Mansfield were doing before his departure. I know he has had success in the past, but he appears to have been found out by managers who have worked out that this team is like a chocolate teapot.

Before we get the usual comments about did you learn all that from the radio, I have seen us play about eight times this season under McCann and twice under Evans.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Apr 2018, 09:30

Ten games and you're the country's leading expert on all things Posh?

Teams are only as good as their personnel. We haven't been as good as our league position all season. A fortuitous start and a better-than-class striker have papered over the cracks.

Think back to all those flat home performances against the likes of Gillingham, the away garbage at Oldham, the nonsense at MK.

Whoever took over when Evans was handed the reins was having to pick up the pieces after three of the worst managers in history in Robbo, Westley and McCann. Evans basically had a free swing with someone else's players and was always going to be up against it. The fact we're not making the play-offs with this bunch of frauds and spoilt kids doesn't surprise anyone. Does it? It's no reflection on SE and PR.

We need a good clearout and to start again.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 15 Apr 2018, 10:29

Ha ha ha ha another priceless post!!! All season long you have said the players were good enough but it was the managers fault, but now that your beloved Uncle Stevie is being shown up for the fraud he is, it is now the players that aren’t good enough.

Keep beating that drum for the we love Uncle Stevie Club with its TWO members :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2018, 10:40

Chompy wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 09:30
Ten games and you're the country's leading expert on all things Posh
Why not hide your facts behind an insult, try reading my post and tell me which part of yesterday's team I had wrong, they were not McCann's team

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Apr 2018, 10:45

100% McCann's team. Don't see how you could possibly claim otherwise.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Apr 2018, 11:11

Chompy wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 10:45
because the one's he signed were the one's youd be happy to have in your side ie Morias, Marriot and possibly Cooper and Sheppard, he inherited the rest

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 15 Apr 2018, 11:20

bristleposh wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:11
Chompy wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 10:45
because the one's he signed were the one's youd be happy to have in your side ie Morias, Marriot and possibly Cooper and Sheppard, he inherited the rest
And O'Malley and Grant. Any lingering hope we had of keeping Bond has gone because Evans won't pick him, so he'll go back to sitting on his hands at Reading, though I find O'Malley a more than capable first choice.

Grant is the one I don't understand. The most important defensive midfielder in the team all season long (it's him doing the donkey work in the middle of the pitch , breaking up the other teams attacks that allows Maddison and Edwards to create) and he's not picked by Evans. First example of the personality clashes between players and manager we'll see a lot of imo.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 15 Apr 2018, 11:44

Over 20 minutes have passed since Dave Lister posted and the We Love Uncle Stevie Club haven’t jumped to his defence, must be hero worship time when you BOTH chant his name & kiss pictures of him :D :D