Plymouth v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: Plymouth v Posh

Post by Wycliffe » 13 Apr 2018, 08:17

mdgreener wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 00:42
To be fair, there was 15 minutes between Shephard's red card and the penalty. That said, it seems that all players maximize the impact of any foul these days - so that it is impossible to tell who has been really hurt and who is just feigning it. I really dislike that part of the game, regardless who does it. However, I think that the video makes it clear that there was a foul by Shephard on Carey.

Looks like it is not over yet either. This appeared in our local paper today:

"Argyle have sent a letter to the Football Association raising some concerns they have from the League One fixture, which the Pilgrims won 2-1.

It includes the decision to overturn the red card shown to Peterborough right-back Liam Shephard in the second half after an off-the-ball clash with Graham Carey.

Before the outcome of that appeal was known, Peterborough boss Steve Evans commented about Carey’s involvement in the incident with Shephard.
Evans said: “Young Graham Carey, who is a terrific talent, looks as if he has gone for the Oscars.

“He is rolling around holding his face and perhaps he is fortunate to get away with a caution in the first half for simulation, trying to win a penalty, and that is disappointing from such a talented lad.”

Argyle manager Derek Adams was asked for his reaction to those comments.

He said: “The club have put in a letter to the FA. There are a number of things that we weren’t happy about after Saturday’s game.
“We have made our thoughts known to the FA and we will wait to hear back from them before making further comment.

“We were very surprised that the sending off was rescinded.

“We have got very good footage that shows it was a sending off.""

I assume that the "very good footage" is the video posted on Twitter.
Well sorry I don't agree with your assertion that the footage you seem to think a POSH fan has somehow put on a plymouth feed shows it was a red card. Even if it was a second yellow that I don't agree with either the more moronic sections of your support via various forums don't seem to understand that wouldn't have been something that could have been appealed.
The 4th official by all accounts gave his opinion, that is not in his remit.
The original flag that alerted that official came from the lino 70 yards away so his view was no better than yours.
The strangest thing is the whining jock (Adams in this case) getting involved after an FA decision. It has nothing to do with him, he seems as ill educated as those fans above as their is no appealing against a successful appeal, that would open a right old can of worms.

As has been mentioned, the ref lost it, you could have had bookings especially Carey for his first dive in the early minutes, a red card for an awful tackle from Ness(?) and an elbow by taylor.
Do you think, or would adams think it ok if we suddenly found footage from say a Plymouth fan who mysteriously supplied it to us showing the mistakes the ref made in not punishing those misdemeanours? Thought not.

Your football club is on a roll, good gates and a decent side.
Don't spoil your reputation with these pathetic, childish and petty actions would be my advice.

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 13 Apr 2018, 10:07

Wycliffe wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 08:17
mdgreener wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 00:42
To be fair, there was 15 minutes between Shephard's red card and the penalty. That said, it seems that all players maximize the impact of any foul these days - so that it is impossible to tell who has been really hurt and who is just feigning it. I really dislike that part of the game, regardless who does it. However, I think that the video makes it clear that there was a foul by Shephard on Carey.

Looks like it is not over yet either. This appeared in our local paper today:

"Argyle have sent a letter to the Football Association raising some concerns they have from the League One fixture, which the Pilgrims won 2-1.

It includes the decision to overturn the red card shown to Peterborough right-back Liam Shephard in the second half after an off-the-ball clash with Graham Carey.

Before the outcome of that appeal was known, Peterborough boss Steve Evans commented about Carey’s involvement in the incident with Shephard.
Evans said: “Young Graham Carey, who is a terrific talent, looks as if he has gone for the Oscars.

“He is rolling around holding his face and perhaps he is fortunate to get away with a caution in the first half for simulation, trying to win a penalty, and that is disappointing from such a talented lad.”

Argyle manager Derek Adams was asked for his reaction to those comments.

He said: “The club have put in a letter to the FA. There are a number of things that we weren’t happy about after Saturday’s game.
“We have made our thoughts known to the FA and we will wait to hear back from them before making further comment.

“We were very surprised that the sending off was rescinded.

“We have got very good footage that shows it was a sending off.""

I assume that the "very good footage" is the video posted on Twitter.
Well sorry I don't agree with your assertion that the footage you seem to think a POSH fan has somehow put on a plymouth feed shows it was a red card. Even if it was a second yellow that I don't agree with either the more moronic sections of your support via various forums don't seem to understand that wouldn't have been something that could have been appealed.
The 4th official by all accounts gave his opinion, that is not in his remit.
The original flag that alerted that official came from the lino 70 yards away so his view was no better than yours.
The strangest thing is the whining jock (Adams in this case) getting involved after an FA decision. It has nothing to do with him, he seems as ill educated as those fans above as their is no appealing against a successful appeal, that would open a right old can of worms.

As has been mentioned, the ref lost it, you could have had bookings especially Carey for his first dive in the early minutes, a red card for an awful tackle from Ness(?) and an elbow by taylor.
Do you think, or would adams think it ok if we suddenly found footage from say a Plymouth fan who mysteriously supplied it to us showing the mistakes the ref made in not punishing those misdemeanours? Thought not.

Your football club is on a roll, good gates and a decent side.
Don't spoil your reputation with these pathetic, childish and petty actions would be my advice.

You tell em.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 Apr 2018, 10:09

Yep....Move on.

Because you wouldn't be wanting to meet us in a play off final....