superposh80

Re: Plymouth v Posh

Post by superposh80 » 10 Apr 2018, 20:30

BanburyPosh wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 19:31
Chompy wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 16:52
Lost 2-1.

Shephard and Taylor both off, so suspended next week.

Scunny and Pompey nick late goals.

No defence left, season done. As predicted.
I somehow don't think so. Two points separating 5 teams (could be 4 points IF Charlton win their game in hand tonight). There will be loads of twists and turns to come yet with 5 or 6 games to go. Several teams in the promotion / play-off spots have to play each other and they can't all take maximum points from every game. Plymouth and Charlton both have 6 to go but both have 4 to play away from home. Portsmouth and Posh have 5 with 3 each away. Scunthorpe, currently in the worst position, have probably the slightly easier run-in with 3 out of 5 at home but haven't won in their last 10 matches. Plenty to play for me thinks even if Posh's form is a bit up and down.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
More down than up...

In reality, the season is done.

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Apr 2018, 21:19

Brianposh wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 19:57
Shepherd red card rescinded, I understand.
yup :clap:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2018, 21:26

Brianposh wrote:
Excellent news. No red card but a few red :oops: faces here I see! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2018, 21:49

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 21:26
Brianposh wrote:
Yep

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh » 10 Apr 2018, 21:54

Yes, never in doubt eh?

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Apr 2018, 22:15

Mine is red but that's mainly where I smudged my lipstick
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 11 Apr 2018, 08:05

ashman wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
Yup. gpwm.
Being happy never goes out of style

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 11 Apr 2018, 08:35

ashman wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
Because everyone knows red cards never get rescinded in league one :lol:

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 11 Apr 2018, 10:31

Chompy wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 10:22
Well I'd like to reply, but I'm not allowed to.
Funny how people get things wrong....

We had some clown on here a while back that claimed Lance Armstrong was clean...and that Graham Westley was a proper football manager.

How ridiculous was that

mdgreener

Post by mdgreener » 11 Apr 2018, 14:15

Argyle fan in peace. This is a clip of the Shepherd-Carey event.

https://twitter.com/markatkin001/status ... 72288?s=21

While the Twitter post is from one of our fans, the angle of the recording suggests that the clip was taken by one of your fans (they were standing in the Barn Park end of the ground.)

It is clear that Shepherd moves into check Carey's run and clobbers him pretty hard. Red card? Shepherd was already on a yellow and I would suggest that a second yellow would have been a very defensible decision by the ref. Given that the red has been rescinded, it is a moot point. However, I don't think that anyone (e.g. Evans) can say that it was a mere "coming together" as Shepherd glances at Carey and then his feet/body move to deliberately check his run. Did Carey make the most of it? Possibly, but the check looks fairly hard to me.

All said and done is was a real blood and guts encounter and forgive us if we believe that over the course of the 90 minutes we deserved the win. Good luck with the rest of your season.

john316z

Post by john316z » 11 Apr 2018, 15:43

ashman wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
Why so? Unlikely good news but good news all the same.... It's not a contest to be the most right.... Bit like some on here want to be the "best fans" too :wink:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2018, 15:47

mdgreener wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:15

While the Twitter post is from one of our fans, the angle of the recording suggests that the clip was taken by one of your fans (they were standing in the Barn Park end of the ground.)

It is clear that Shepherd moves into check Carey's run and clobbers him pretty hard. Red card? Shepherd was already on a yellow and I would suggest that a second yellow would have been a very defensible decision by the ref. Given that the red has been rescinded, it is a moot point. However, I don't think that anyone (e.g. Evans) can say that it was a mere "coming together" as Shepherd glances at Carey and then his feet/body move to deliberately check his run. Did Carey make the most of it? Possibly, but the check looks fairly hard to me.

All said and done is was a real blood and guts encounter and forgive us if we believe that over the course of the 90 minutes we deserved the win. Good luck with the rest of your season.
I saw that on Twitter, obviously the ref and the FA didn't see that angle, it was the main reason I couldn't see it being overturned. I think we dodged a bullet
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 11 Apr 2018, 23:06

mdgreener wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:15

I thought Carey had been shot when I first saw it.

He certainly made a remarkable recovery to step up and score that penalty a few minutes later.

A wonderful 'performance' by him I think.

mdgreener

Post by mdgreener » 13 Apr 2018, 00:42

To be fair, there was 15 minutes between Shephard's red card and the penalty. That said, it seems that all players maximize the impact of any foul these days - so that it is impossible to tell who has been really hurt and who is just feigning it. I really dislike that part of the game, regardless who does it. However, I think that the video makes it clear that there was a foul by Shephard on Carey.

Looks like it is not over yet either. This appeared in our local paper today:

"Argyle have sent a letter to the Football Association raising some concerns they have from the League One fixture, which the Pilgrims won 2-1.

It includes the decision to overturn the red card shown to Peterborough right-back Liam Shephard in the second half after an off-the-ball clash with Graham Carey.

Before the outcome of that appeal was known, Peterborough boss Steve Evans commented about Carey’s involvement in the incident with Shephard.
Evans said: “Young Graham Carey, who is a terrific talent, looks as if he has gone for the Oscars.

“He is rolling around holding his face and perhaps he is fortunate to get away with a caution in the first half for simulation, trying to win a penalty, and that is disappointing from such a talented lad.”

Argyle manager Derek Adams was asked for his reaction to those comments.

He said: “The club have put in a letter to the FA. There are a number of things that we weren’t happy about after Saturday’s game.
“We have made our thoughts known to the FA and we will wait to hear back from them before making further comment.

“We were very surprised that the sending off was rescinded.

“We have got very good footage that shows it was a sending off.""

I assume that the "very good footage" is the video posted on Twitter.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 13 Apr 2018, 00:47

Sure a lot of it stems from spitgate earlier in the season.

Will add a bit of spice to the play-offs. Or at least it would if we had any chance of making them.

Good luck to Plymouth. I'm on you boys to win the play-offs at 200-1. Would be my biggest-priced winner ever (please excuse the aftertiming).