Rotherham v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Rotherham v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 01 Apr 2018, 19:00

Here we go again, the Evans lovers getting their excuses in early when we don’t go up so that it’s not Uncle Stevie’s fault. The reason the midfield did nothing was due to Mr Uncle Stevie’s tactics of booting the ball up to a tiny striker playing on his own.

2 points from 3 games would have seen calls for McCann to be executed but with Uncle Stevie it’s the players fault, these same players that the Evans lovers said were more than good enough but being mismanaged by McCann. Any excuse to gloss over Uncle Stevie’s shortcomings.

Wonder what formation and tactics this joker will come up with tomorrow? Is he Westley in disguise!!
Last edited by HantsPosh on 01 Apr 2018, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 01 Apr 2018, 19:26

i suppose "booting the ball up to a tiny striker" is better than passing the ball to the opposition.

which is what a lot of ours seem to do.

nice try though.

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 Apr 2018, 19:41

HantsPosh wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 19:00
Here we go again, the Evans lovers getting their excuses in early when we don’t go so that it’s not Uncle Stevie’s fault. The reason the midfield did nothing was due to Mr Uncle Stevie’s tactics of booting the ball up to a tiny striker playing on his own.

2 points from 3 games would have seen calls for McCann to be executed but with Uncle Stevie it’s the players fault, these same players that the Evans lovers said were more than good enough but being mismanaged by McCann. Any excuse to gloss over Uncle Stevie’s shortcomings.

Wonder what formation and tactics this joker will come up with tomorrow? Is he Westley in disguise!!
Good fishing from a "fan".... must try harder

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 01 Apr 2018, 20:04

As long as a midfield quintet of Grant, Doughty, Forrester, LDSL and Anderson is being outscored by Hughes, we have to question its value to the team. At Rotherham, it was Taylor who picked out Morais to set up the equaliser. To the best of my recollection, in the last five games, the only meaningful participation in a goal by the infamous five was LDSL meekly surrendering possession to help set up Charlton's goal. There's an Edwards-shaped hole in the line-up.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 01 Apr 2018, 20:39

john316z wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 19:41
HantsPosh wrote:
Here we go again, the Evans lovers getting their excuses in early when we don’t go so that it’s not Uncle Stevie’s fault. The reason the midfield did nothing was due to Mr Uncle Stevie’s tactics of booting the ball up to a tiny striker playing on his own.

Being a ‘fan’ is slating the manager all the time is it not?? Just following the lead of you & Chompy.............

As per usual you never refute anything I say as you know it’s true, Evans is a cheque book manager nothing more and only wanted the job coz he lives 3 Miles away which I don’t blame him for at all actually.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Apr 2018, 21:08

HP, Evans lives in Wansford.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 01 Apr 2018, 21:14

HantsPosh wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 20:39
john316z wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

Being a ‘fan’ is slating the manager all the time is it not?? Just following the lead of you & Chompy.............

As per usual you never refute anything I say as you know it’s true, Evans is a cheque book manager nothing more and only wanted the job coz he lives 3 Miles away which I don’t blame him for at all actually.
Most are cheque book managers.

It's the standard of the goods you write the cheques out for that counts.

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 Apr 2018, 21:34

HantsPosh wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 20:39
john316z wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

Refute what exactly? I'm glad Evans is here, you're not. In fact I'm actually enjoying watching your latest rant over Evans being here almost as much as his presence itself :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: It must be terrible for you :lol:

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 01 Apr 2018, 21:55

HantsPosh wrote:
Here we go again, the Evans lovers getting their excuses in early when we don’t go up so that it’s not Uncle Stevie’s fault. The reason the midfield did nothing was due to Mr Uncle Stevie’s tactics of booting the ball up to a tiny striker playing on his own.

To be fair since Evans arrived the football has been no better,in fact it's been just as boring as under McCann. I've never been a fan of Evans and I'm going to need a lot more convincing that he is the right man for the job. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of this season and to be fair he has inherited this motley crew. Only time will tell,but unfortunately I don't think his magic wand is going to prevent us from playing in this league for at least one more season.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Apr 2018, 10:08

As has been said by the more intelligent football watchers (and me)
Evans in many ways has a free go until the play offs are actually ungettable, I agree some of the football is not silky although those who were there will confirm we were the better side first half at Rotherham.
The getting the ball away from the defence is a better tactic than fannying about and even the biggest Evans critic must see that.
Midfield at times is ok but not penetrative enough and if like on Friday MM hides I agree we lose that killer ball.

It is a fact imo we'd have been out that game by 90 minutes recently

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Apr 2018, 10:33

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 10:08
As has been said by the more intelligent football watchers (and me)
Evans in many ways has a free go until the play offs are actually ungettable, I agree some of the football is not silky although those who were there will confirm we were the better side first half at Rotherham.
The getting the ball away from the defence is a better tactic than fannying about and even the biggest Evans critic must see that.
Midfield at times is ok but not penetrative enough and if like on Friday MM hides I agree we lose that killer ball.
It is a fact imo we'd have been out that game by 90 minutes recently
Midfield is not penetrative enough because mostly the ball is hoisted above them from the full backs, giving them a neck ache. Lumping balls towards a 5ft. 8in. one-man striker is a nonsense. We played so narrow at Rotherham that it meant that MM wasn't actually hiding but was simply hoping that the ball would at sometime be played out to him. In the few times he actually got the ball he was fairly ineffectual anyway. Can we play Steven Taylor in the forward line so Junior and Marriott have a half chance of getting a knock on from all the hoofing going on behind them? :roll: :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 02 Apr 2018, 12:24

It's not penetrative enough because it's not good enough.

Name one Posh midfielder with energy...pace...and enough ability to take on the opposite by running at them with the ball.

Not to mention chipping in with a goal or two...

Exactly. ..You can't.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Apr 2018, 12:33

Newell, Rowe, Harry Anderson, Chettle, Nabi, oh wait they've all been shipped out
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 02 Apr 2018, 13:04

Joe Newell? The Joe Newell who left about a decade ago? Relevance?

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Apr 2018, 13:11

ashman wrote:
02 Apr 2018, 10:33
Midfield is not penetrative enough because mostly the ball is hoisted above them from the full backs, giving them a neck ache. Lumping balls towards a 5ft. 8in. one-man striker is a nonsense.
True to some extent but doesn't explain how ineffective our midfield has been in the 30+ games prior to Evans joining

Our midfield is our weakest area and needs a complete overhaul. Promotion or not