Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by Chompy » 25 Mar 2018, 14:17

One insult. Followed by another.

You need to take a long, hard look in the mirror sir.

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 25 Mar 2018, 14:28

Ok princess.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 25 Mar 2018, 14:46

And there's the hat-trick.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 25 Mar 2018, 15:54

Back on topic ......

We should have won that one. Random thoughts .... O’Malley had nothing to do. Groaned when Taff went down. Maybe get him fit for the play offs when we’re gonna need him and don’t risk him before.
I love Marriott but, as already been suggested, he’s a bit of a moaner.
Was Granty on a promise and trying to get outa the stadium early? I think he was.
Slocomb’s star kick save. LOL I’m still smiling about that one.

The atmosphere was a quiet as I’ve seen it. Takes the lads to get us going though.

Good to see Brizzle. And Stuie.
Roll on Friday. C’mon POSH :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 20:05

Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Mar 2018, 20:09

bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:05
Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
Ten pints? You expect your match report to be taken seriously? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 20:11

Only had two yesterday

stuie

Post by stuie » 25 Mar 2018, 20:22

bristleposh wrote:
its all about opinion, Forrester was MOM for me, yep good to bump into you Nipper and your Granddaughter, still tying to work out what a youtuber is lol
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 25 Mar 2018, 22:45

Forrester Man of the Match for me as well Nick. :clap2:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 22:48

It must be a very bad view from the top of the Motorpoint that's all I can say

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 25 Mar 2018, 22:54

Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf. I'd like to know Baldwin's and Grant's understanding of the term 'responsibility'.

The few attempts on goal (or the general area thereof) by Grant and Forrester, were woefully inept: collectively this season, LDSL, Grant, Doughty and Forrester have amassed two goals in 159 appearances. This collective shortcoming, rather than any individual player's, may condemn us to another League One season -- when it's possible we could have Sunderland and Birmingham for company.

How long is Baldwin's suspension? If both he and Tafazolli are unavailable over the Easter weekend, we may miss Hughes' penetration down the flank.
Freestone is hardly diminutive, so it was surprising to see him lose almost every aerial challenge he took on; he didn't fare much better on the ground.

Once again, a tip of the hat to Danny Lloyd: thirteen goals in thirty-four appearances. I hope Tom Nichols enjoyed his performance (from the bench, as usual).

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Mar 2018, 22:59

JohnC wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:54
Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf. I'd like to know Baldwin's and Grant's understanding of the term 'responsibility'.

The few attempts on goal (or the general area thereof) by Grant and Forrester, were woefully inept: collectively this season, LDSL, Grant, Doughty and Forrester have amassed two goals in 159 appearances. This collective shortcoming, rather than any individual player's, may condemn us to another League One season -- when it's possible we could have Sunderland and Birmingham for company.

How long is Baldwin's suspension? If both he and Tafazolli are unavailable over the Easter weekend, we may miss Hughes' penetration down the flank.
Freestone is hardly diminutive, so it was surprising to see him lose almost every aerial challenge he took on; he didn't fare much better on the ground.

Once again, a tip of the hat to Danny Lloyd: thirteen goals in thirty-four appearances. I hope Tom Nichols enjoyed his performance (from the bench, as usual).
Baldwin will be back for Northampton.

I agree re Grant...Fortunate to stay on the pitch after his child like spat with the referee.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Mar 2018, 23:00

bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:48
It must be a very bad view from the top of the Motorpoint that's all I can say
It's even worse from the main stand....

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 25 Mar 2018, 23:37

ashman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:09
bristleposh wrote:
Ten pints? You expect your match report to be taken seriously? :lol:
Ten pints? Wait till the beer police read that :lol:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Mar 2018, 11:46

JohnC wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:54
Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf.
Grant has always been on the verge of getting a red.
Being happy never goes out of style