Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by Chompy » 25 Mar 2018, 14:17

One insult. Followed by another.

You need to take a long, hard look in the mirror sir.

thediceman
Posts: 841
Joined: 10 Dec 2009, 13:40

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by thediceman » 25 Mar 2018, 14:28

Ok princess.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by Chompy » 25 Mar 2018, 14:46

And there's the hat-trick.

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15874
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by poshnipper » 25 Mar 2018, 15:54

Back on topic ......

We should have won that one. Random thoughts .... O’Malley had nothing to do. Groaned when Taff went down. Maybe get him fit for the play offs when we’re gonna need him and don’t risk him before.
I love Marriott but, as already been suggested, he’s a bit of a moaner.
Was Granty on a promise and trying to get outa the stadium early? I think he was.
Slocomb’s star kick save. LOL I’m still smiling about that one.

The atmosphere was a quiet as I’ve seen it. Takes the lads to get us going though.

Good to see Brizzle. And Stuie.
Roll on Friday. C’mon POSH :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27211
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 20:05

Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16656
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by ashman » 25 Mar 2018, 20:09

bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:05
Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
Ten pints? You expect your match report to be taken seriously? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27211
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 20:11

Only had two yesterday
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15438
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by stuie » 25 Mar 2018, 20:22

bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:05
Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
its all about opinion, Forrester was MOM for me, yep good to bump into you Nipper and your Granddaughter, still tying to work out what a youtuber is lol
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9145
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by Brianposh » 25 Mar 2018, 22:45

Forrester Man of the Match for me as well Nick. :clap2:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27211
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by bristleposh » 25 Mar 2018, 22:48

It must be a very bad view from the top of the Motorpoint that's all I can say
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

JohnC
Posts: 858
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:48

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by JohnC » 25 Mar 2018, 22:54

Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf. I'd like to know Baldwin's and Grant's understanding of the term 'responsibility'.

The few attempts on goal (or the general area thereof) by Grant and Forrester, were woefully inept: collectively this season, LDSL, Grant, Doughty and Forrester have amassed two goals in 159 appearances. This collective shortcoming, rather than any individual player's, may condemn us to another League One season -- when it's possible we could have Sunderland and Birmingham for company.

How long is Baldwin's suspension? If both he and Tafazolli are unavailable over the Easter weekend, we may miss Hughes' penetration down the flank.
Freestone is hardly diminutive, so it was surprising to see him lose almost every aerial challenge he took on; he didn't fare much better on the ground.

Once again, a tip of the hat to Danny Lloyd: thirteen goals in thirty-four appearances. I hope Tom Nichols enjoyed his performance (from the bench, as usual).

superposh80
Posts: 5597
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by superposh80 » 25 Mar 2018, 22:59

JohnC wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:54
Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf. I'd like to know Baldwin's and Grant's understanding of the term 'responsibility'.

The few attempts on goal (or the general area thereof) by Grant and Forrester, were woefully inept: collectively this season, LDSL, Grant, Doughty and Forrester have amassed two goals in 159 appearances. This collective shortcoming, rather than any individual player's, may condemn us to another League One season -- when it's possible we could have Sunderland and Birmingham for company.

How long is Baldwin's suspension? If both he and Tafazolli are unavailable over the Easter weekend, we may miss Hughes' penetration down the flank.
Freestone is hardly diminutive, so it was surprising to see him lose almost every aerial challenge he took on; he didn't fare much better on the ground.

Once again, a tip of the hat to Danny Lloyd: thirteen goals in thirty-four appearances. I hope Tom Nichols enjoyed his performance (from the bench, as usual).
Baldwin will be back for Northampton.

I agree re Grant...Fortunate to stay on the pitch after his child like spat with the referee.

superposh80
Posts: 5597
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by superposh80 » 25 Mar 2018, 23:00

bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:48
It must be a very bad view from the top of the Motorpoint that's all I can say
It's even worse from the main stand....

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15942
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by DaveLister » 25 Mar 2018, 23:37

ashman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:09
bristleposh wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 20:05
Still trying to work out how Forrester got mom, for me he was totally anonymous apart from two extremely wayward shots. Best of a bad lot would be a tad harsh on Junior and Danny who both worked their socks off and deserve a lot of credit. For a change it certainly wasnt Bambi, I stayed upright after 10 pints better than he does
Ten pints? You expect your match report to be taken seriously? :lol:
Ten pints? Wait till the beer police read that :lol:
Image

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by tonyp » 26 Mar 2018, 11:46

JohnC wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 22:54
Last week's captain, Baldwin, was unavailable due to his red card at Oxford. This week's captain, Grant, did his utmost to follow suit; in my view, he was lucky to avoid a red: the physical contact between him and the referee would have been enough to send Maddison thudding to the turf.
Grant has always been on the verge of getting a red.
Being happy never goes out of style

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests