Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by superposh80 » 23 Mar 2018, 13:00

This is Grant McCann's squad...He signed all of them.

Evans is trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

If we don't make the play offs...It's because the squad isn't good enough.

Nothing to do with Evans...I wouldn't point the finger at Grant for that either.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 Mar 2018, 13:18

Must win.
Will win
3-1
JM, taff and junior

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Mar 2018, 13:27

Wycliffe wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 13:18
Must win.
Will win
3-1
JM, taff and junior
:stupid:
Must win.Will win.
Posh 4 Bristol Rovers 2
(Marriott, Morias, Maddison, Grant)
Being happy never goes out of style

Lewis

Post by Lewis » 23 Mar 2018, 14:24

For me,the enforced absences of Baldwin and Lopes is good news all round,Taff and Grant are much better players.
3-0 Posh.
UTP

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Mar 2018, 14:37

Judging by the rest of our fixtures especially away from home I'd say if we have any ambition whatsoever to get into play offs then this is one game we surely must win. A defeat and we can forget all about a visit to Wembley. Personally I don't care who's fault it is, it hurts just as much being beaten with Steve in charge as it did with Grant in charge.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 23 Mar 2018, 17:27

superposh80 wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 13:00

Nothing to do with Evans...I wouldn't point the finger at Grant for that either.
So it’s not GMs squad then really is it & he didn’t sign them all, Maddison, YaYa, #pricetag, Forrester & Calamity were all signed by previous managers. GM just got rid of all the ‘bad eggs’ last summer apparantely.

And if Evans is such a good coach then he should be able to make a silk purse as that is what would make him a standout coach, otherwise he’s just a chequebook manager which anyone could do. Everywhere he’s been has involved a very very healthy budget for that level, although you still have to sign the players of course.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Mar 2018, 17:33

Evans is not a coach.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 Mar 2018, 17:37

Chompy wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 17:33
Evans is not a coach.
I know what you mean in so much as he's more a man manager but I know a few lads who have played for him albeit quite a few years ago who will differ and in fact praise him for his coaching skills.

Indeed he said on Wednesday's Q n' A that in general he coached the forwards (and had spent time in particulat with JM) whilst Paul Raynor concentrated more on the defence/midfield.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Mar 2018, 18:05

Good to hear.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 23 Mar 2018, 19:07

HantsPosh wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 17:27
superposh80 wrote:

So it’s not GMs squad then really is it & he didn’t sign them all, Maddison, YaYa, #pricetag, Forrester & Calamity were all signed by previous managers. GM just got rid of all the ‘bad eggs’ last summer apparantely.

And if Evans is such a good coach then he should be able to make a silk purse as that is what would make him a standout coach, otherwise he’s just a chequebook manager which anyone could do. Everywhere he’s been has involved a very very healthy budget for that level, although you still have to sign the players of course.
In general ....It's Grant's squad. He managed them for 18 months following 12 months of being involved as an assistant.

Evans has managed them for 2 weeks....He should be judged on the next 12-24 months not the next 12 games, which some will.

As for a checkbook manager....Most under Darragh have had the help of that.

stuie

Post by stuie » 23 Mar 2018, 20:09

superposh80 wrote:

gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 23 Mar 2018, 20:12

superposh80 wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 19:07
HantsPosh wrote:
superposh80 wrote:

In general ....It's Grant's squad. He managed them for 18 months following 12 months of being involved as an assistant.

Evans has managed them for 2 weeks....He should be judged on the next 12-24 months not the next 12 games, which some will.

As for a checkbook manager....Most under Darragh have had the help of that.
yup
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 23 Mar 2018, 21:11

HantsPosh wrote:
superposh80 wrote:

You talk a lot of tosh in defence of your clear Evans issue... Perhaps you should refocus your energies into backing the manager in charge and supporting the club.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Mar 2018, 23:31

bristleposh wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 14:37
Judging by the rest of our fixtures especially away from home I'd say if we have any ambition whatsoever to get into play offs then this is one game we surely must win. A defeat and we can forget all about a visit to Wembley. Personally I don't care who's fault it is, it hurts just as much being beaten with Steve in charge as it did with Grant in charge.
Yup. gpwm.
Being happy never goes out of style

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 23 Mar 2018, 23:55

john316z wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 21:11
HantsPosh wrote:
superposh80 wrote:

You talk a lot of tosh in defence of your clear Evans issue... Perhaps you should refocus your energies into backing the manager in charge and supporting the club.
Hmmmmm just like you did when McCann was the manager yeah, pot and kettle as usual