Bury v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by superposh80 » 15 Mar 2018, 09:11

tooposhforwords wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 04:53
I cannot believe the comments from both posters on here and .net, it’s utterly embarrassing. r.e Ash and Brian if you don’t like the football, why don’t you stop attending and wait until we are losing again so you can talk about how exciting the football is?

The response from the fans on Saturday was evidence that there is a renewed confidence in Posh. If Evans keeps us playing well and keeps the bores like you two away then it can only get better.
They don't like the manager....That's all it's about.

it's pathetic.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 15 Mar 2018, 09:16

tooposhforwords wrote:
I cannot believe the comments from both posters on here and .net, it’s utterly embarrassing. r.e Ash and Brian if you don’t like the football, why don’t you stop attending and wait until we are losing again so you can talk about how exciting the football is?

The response from the fans on Saturday was evidence that there is a renewed confidence in Posh. If Evans keeps us playing well and keeps the bores like you two away then it can only get better.
Interesting. When I know before the game takes place how they are going to play I will make a decision as to when I go or not. Easy.
I would love to know your attendance record.........mine? I miss on average a couple of games per Season missed home and away,attending Posh 66 plus years. I know now they do play with a round ball.
I see you base your comments on one game last Saturday v Charlton, and the fact you believe that and the Bury game that followed was of high class entertainment value? The so called renewed confidence came 99% from the fact we had a new Manager on view.
I have no problems with Evans being appointed, we will wait and see what he achieves first before commenting.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2018, 09:41

superposh80 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:11
tooposhforwords wrote:

it's pathetic.
It has got nothing to do with liking the manager or not. It is all to do with how the team performs and, as others have said, the game against Bury was totally inadequate for a Posh team.
Brian and I will never stop attending home or away matches and we will always give an honest opinion on what has occurred. The personal comments directed at Grant McCann by three or four posters on here before he left were quite simply embarrassing and it is those posters who need to have a good look at their behaviour on a family forum.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Mar 2018, 09:58

ashman wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:41
superposh80 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:11
tooposhforwords wrote:

it's pathetic.
It has got nothing to do with liking the manager or not. It is all to do with how the team performs and, as others have said, the game against Bury was totally inadequate for a Posh team.
Brian and I will never stop attending home or away matches and we will always give an honest opinion on what has occurred. The personal comments directed at Grant McCann by three or four posters on here before he left were quite simply embarrassing and it is those posters who need to have a good look at their behaviour on a family forum.
A bit like those that swear on a forum you mean?

Anyhow....

Gillingham at home.
Oxford at home.
Blackpool at home.
Rochdale away.

Four embarrassing and shocking performances I've witnessed this season under Grant...and all defeats.

I don't recall you screaming and shouting on either forum then.

It's all very selective with you.

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Mar 2018, 10:21

superposh80 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:58
Four embarrassing and shocking performances I've witnessed this season under Grant...and all defeats.
Says it all. :D :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 15 Mar 2018, 10:32

Ahahaha, gogo Tooposh!

Of course, the usual happens, the aging clique cluster together and collectively round on their target.

Then one of them, the leader shall we say, defends himself by lashing out at others.

"We're better fans than you...FOUR...says it all..."

Truly shameful.

I understand why a few are upset by what happened at Bury. I mean a 5-1 defeat for a club supposedly chasing the play-offs is just embarrassing.

Oh no, hang on, that was last season under their beloved non-manager McCann. We won? Did we win? Guess we can't have done.

It must be in a parallel universe that we've won all three since GM got the boot and got back into the top six?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Mar 2018, 10:49

ashman wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 10:21
superposh80 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:58
Says it all. :D :shock:
Four examples for you....

All that time and money you must spend following the team....and you barely understand the game.

Laughable.
Last edited by superposh80 on 15 Mar 2018, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Mar 2018, 10:50

Chompy wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 10:32
Ahahaha, gogo Tooposh!

Of course, the usual happens, the aging clique cluster together and collectively round on their target.

Then one of them, the leader shall we say, defends himself by lashing out at others.

"We're better fans than you...FOUR...says it all..."

Truly shameful.

I understand why a few are upset by what happened at Bury. I mean a 5-1 defeat for a club supposedly chasing the play-offs is just embarrassing.

Oh no, hang on, that was last season under their beloved non-manager McCann. We won? Did we win? Guess we can't have done.

It must be in a parallel universe that we've won all three since GM got the boot and got back into the top six?
I never understand some of your comments. I wasn't at Bury, I take it you weren't either, all that was said was we played rubbish, which by vitue of the fact that we were outplayed for much of the game was probably true. The pitch didn't help, I suppose the team team did exactly what they needed to do. Hoofed the ball into row z every time there was danger. Personally I'm a results man, we weren't getting results under Grant we have since he left hence I am happy, but what that has to do with a clique I have no idea. All that has been said by Brian and Ashman, who were both there was they had never seen the side play so badly before. Sounds like a fair comment. Unless you were actually there and you thought we played magical Barcelona style football. and they got it totally wrong. IN which case don't accuse others state what you saw.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 15 Mar 2018, 11:39

Why does it matter how long I’ve been supporting Posh? And you also do not know whether I was at Bury or not. Both non-arguments. The football under McCann was terrible. We already have 9 points since his departure and improved performances from the squad.

Evans is going to do a better job than McCann ever would.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 15 Mar 2018, 11:44

Brianposh wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 09:16
tooposhforwords wrote:

Interesting. When I know before the game takes place how they are going to play I will make a decision as to when I go or not. Easy.
I would love to know your attendance record.........mine? I miss on average a couple of games per Season missed home and away,attending Posh 66 plus years. I know now they do play with a round ball.
I see you base your comments on one game last Saturday v Charlton, and the fact you believe that and the Bury game that followed was of high class entertainment value? The so called renewed confidence came 99% from the fact we had a new Manager on view.
I have no problems with Evans being appointed, we will wait and see what he achieves first before commenting.
Thus far: 6pts.

My comments were regarding the optimism from the support. It had disappeared under McCann and long will it continue whilst you and your cronies can talk about how many matches you have attended throughout the years.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 15 Mar 2018, 11:46

Wimbledon at home was worse than Bury.

john316z

Post by john316z » 15 Mar 2018, 11:47

Back to the match.... We won't didn't we? I wasn't there (pretendafan) but all accounts we were awful. But we won 1-0

Smash and grab football

We all want to be entertained. That's why I go when I can. Not for the beer that's for sure. But football is about results. This season we've had too many poor results and far too much poor football. If Evans keeps us winning and we sacrifice some excitement ( not really seen since the holy trinity disbanded), isn't that okay? I'm not attempting to criticize anyone but support the club and new manager even if you don't like him. :comeon:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 15 Mar 2018, 11:47

tooposhforwords wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 11:39
Why does it matter how long I’ve been supporting Posh? And you also do not know whether I was at Bury or not. Both non-arguments. The football under McCann was terrible. We already have 9 points since his departure and improved performances from the squad.

Evans is going to do a better job than McCann ever would.
As we do not "know"..........................WAS YOU AT BURY???...........I will take the bets now. It does help to make a view if you saw the game.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Mar 2018, 11:48

Take a look at Evans's comments in the PT this morning...

"It's horses for courses"

Did anybody really expect us to go up to Bury on a mud heap of a pitch and expect us to play slick passing football and get away with it?

Apparently....One or two did.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 15 Mar 2018, 11:53

We need to score lots of goals but still lose the match. I’ve spent my life understanding the game completely wrong.