Bury v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by stuie » 14 Mar 2018, 01:12

The worst game I have seen and Posh win, well done Posh, I was ready for going home after 75 minutes, really looking forward to Steve Evans post match interview, IMO the players will get a right rollicking, and be training early tomorrow, we stole 3 points from Bury, but hey ho we got 3 points, not conceding in the final minutes, but actually scoring and winning
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

dunc

Post by dunc » 14 Mar 2018, 01:48

Spot on Stuie
I said to my lad after about 70 minutes - I would happily take a point out of this!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2018, 09:51

gazwilwah wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 22:44
Chompy wrote:
13 Mar 2018, 22:40
Massive win that. Belief will only continue to grow.

3-3 since the non-manager left.
harsh, take away some of the silly late goals and defensive clangers and Grant would still be here and Posh would be top5.
If we had won all of the games we lost or drew we would be top of the league.
We didn't. Get behind the new manager.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2018, 09:53

stuie wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 01:12
The worst game I have seen and Posh win, well done Posh, I was ready for going home after 75 minutes, really looking forward to Steve Evans post match interview, IMO the players will get a right rollicking, and be training early tomorrow, we stole 3 points from Bury, but hey ho we got 3 points, not conceding in the final minutes, but actually scoring and winning
Good on you Stuie.
It was great to watch on iFollow. :clap: :comeon:
(the last few minutes I mean)

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Mar 2018, 10:08

Disgraceful display from the Posh. I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed by a totally inept display. People talk about some of the games being the worst they have seen during McCann's reign, well that topped any of those by a mile. It was total kick and rush football, and even Taylor, who usually plays the simple, safe ball, ended up just booting anything that came his way. I reckon he was merely acting on instructions. Well I don't like it at all! :evil:
But say what you like about Leo, he was the only one who tried, not always successfully though, to play a pass.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2018, 10:11

ashman wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:08
Disgraceful display from the Posh. I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed by a totally inept display. People talk about some of the games being the worst they have seen during McCann's reign, well that topped any of those by a mile. It was total kick and rush football, and even Taylor, who usually plays the simple, safe ball, ended up just booting anything that came his way. I reckon he was merely acting on instructions. Well I don't like it at all! :evil:
But say what you like about Leo, he was the only one who tried, not always successfully though, to play a pass.
I watched it on iFollow and I thought it was an awful game.
I did fall asleep a couple of times.
But we won and that makes it all worthwhile to me.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Mar 2018, 10:29

tonyp wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:11
ashman wrote:
You didn't travel 280 miles + (there were diversions!) shell out a load of dosh and witness it first hand.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Mar 2018, 10:36

I was getting more and more annoyed with iFollow. I mean, it was their fault, not the 11 players on the pitch. Although it had been their fault when McCann was in charge, according to some.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Mar 2018, 11:09

ashman wrote:
Do you understand we're at the business end of the season, where all that counts is results? And that we've won 3-3 since McCann got the boot.

Nobody can say for sure but we'd maybe have got 3-4pts under GM, rather than the 9pts we've managed.

We've won them by an aggregate of 7-2 as well.

Evans has a mentally fragile squad doing a job, ie, grinding out a 1-0 smash and grab on a joke pitch in the north on a cold Tuesday. The performance and style could not be less relevant.

These are not Evans' players and he'll do his thing in the summer, so the guy (and the team) deserves nothing but praise. All you have to do is think back to the likes of Gillingham at home and Oldham away under 'it'll be a tough game but it's all about us'. Thank god that farcical era is now over.
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

john316z

Post by john316z » 14 Mar 2018, 13:09

ashman wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:29
tonyp wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 10:11
ashman wrote:
You didn't travel 280 miles + (there were diversions!) shell out a load of dosh and witness it first hand.
Neither did I but Posh won.... Isn't that even a little bit important? How many times have played poorly and lost? More than once I'd wager

stuie

Post by stuie » 14 Mar 2018, 15:26

Steve Evans post match interview, followed by match highlights

seemings the official site can not be bothered

this is what goes on in the guys mind,

I am in Steve Evan's blue and white army

he knows what he is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gaKhK7EdFs
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Mar 2018, 21:46

stuie wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 15:26
Steve Evans post match interview, followed by match highlights

seemings the official site can not be bothered

this is what goes on in the guys mind,

I am in Steve Evan's blue and white army

he knows what he is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gaKhK7EdFs
:stupid:
By the way, that is on the Official site as well
https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/march ... te-winner/

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 15 Mar 2018, 04:53

I cannot believe the comments from both posters on here and .net, it’s utterly embarrassing. r.e Ash and Brian if you don’t like the football, why don’t you stop attending and wait until we are losing again so you can talk about how exciting the football is?

The response from the fans on Saturday was evidence that there is a renewed confidence in Posh. If Evans keeps us playing well and keeps the bores like you two away then it can only get better.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Mar 2018, 08:19

tooposhforwords wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 04:53
I cannot believe the comments from both posters on here and .net, it’s utterly embarrassing. r.e Ash and Brian if you don’t like the football, why don’t you stop attending and wait until we are losing again so you can talk about how exciting the football is?

The response from the fans on Saturday was evidence that there is a renewed confidence in Posh. If Evans keeps us playing well and keeps the bores like you two away then it can only get better.
Harsh words, and totally unnecessary, it's a forum, as is dotnet. Both the ones you would like to see crucified were there on Saturday and we're both there on Tuesday too, were you. The two have followed Posh from the 50s and 60s and like everyone else including yourself are entitled to an opinion. If you don't like it perhaps you should stop reading forums.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 15 Mar 2018, 08:36

tooposhforwords wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 04:53
Ash and Brian if you don’t like the football, why don’t you stop attending and wait until we are losing again so you can talk about how exciting the football is?
That, tooposhforwords, is a disgraceful and utterly ridiculous comment.
Ash and Brian attend most (possibly all) home and away games year in year out.
I and many others look forward to and appreciate their match reports.
They know when we're playing well and when we're not.
You are way out of order.