Bury v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
JohnC
Posts: 856
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:48

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by JohnC » 16 Mar 2018, 14:42

Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 11:04
Wycliffe wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 23:14
stuie wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 21:08
I will appraise my comment, I made in other threads

'' This was the worst performance I have seen Posh play and WIN, great we won, onwards and probably upwards

I have more faith in Steve Evan's than I ever had in Grant McCann
Yeah i remember the negativity after the first 5 matches :roll:
There's never going to be any obv, but I was never that positive through the opening batch of games. We were extremely lucky to beat Plymouth and Rotherham at our place, and limitations were well exposed in the 0-0 away at Donny.
I feel there might be a little 'revisionism' in classifying the victories over Plymouth and Rotherham as 'extremely lucky': close matches, yes, but deserved wins as far as i can recall. Similarly, the goalless draw at Doncaster was not, I feel, a bad result, given the managerial history and the fact that it was our first clean sheet of the League One campaign.

JohnC
Posts: 856
Joined: 31 May 2011, 21:48

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by JohnC » 16 Mar 2018, 14:44

stuie wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 11:31
Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 11:04
Wycliffe wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 23:14


Yeah i remember the negativity after the first 5 matches :roll:
There's never going to be any obv, but I was never that positive through the opening batch of games. We were extremely lucky to beat Plymouth and Rotherham at our place, and limitations were well exposed in the 0-0 away at Donny.
at both the points mentioned I never showed negativity, obviously, if you call it (my) negativity, I have always said we have the players, and not the results, therefore I put this down to the Manager, as the season to date unfolded, I now think we have the Manager to get the best out of these players, I am happy to put the sweet football style aside for next season, when we start with a clean sheet in hopefully the Championship, or pushing for the league 1 title
I must have nodded off. When were we playing this 'sweet football' in recent times?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by stuie » 16 Mar 2018, 15:16

JohnC wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 14:44
stuie wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 11:31
Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 11:04


There's never going to be any obv, but I was never that positive through the opening batch of games. We were extremely lucky to beat Plymouth and Rotherham at our place, and limitations were well exposed in the 0-0 away at Donny.
at both the points mentioned I never showed negativity, obviously, if you call it (my) negativity, I have always said we have the players, and not the results, therefore I put this down to the Manager, as the season to date unfolded, I now think we have the Manager to get the best out of these players, I am happy to put the sweet football style aside for next season, when we start with a clean sheet in hopefully the Championship, or pushing for the league 1 title
I must have nodded off. When were we playing this 'sweet football' in recent times?
gpwm how about v villa
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Wycliffe
Posts: 1241
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by Wycliffe » 16 Mar 2018, 16:25

Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 13:07
Hard to take the opinions of someone who predicts a line-up with no full-backs seriously.
So boring, for those who aren't aware this was even mentioned on .net the other day when it was barely relevant :roll:

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5136
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by Chompy » 16 Mar 2018, 17:30

Wycliffe wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 16:25
Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 13:07
Hard to take the opinions of someone who predicts a line-up with no full-backs seriously.
So boring, for those who aren't aware this was even mentioned on .net the other day when it was barely relevant :roll:
Hilarious that you feel the need to bring it everyone's attention.

Sorry but you're not my type.

john316z
Posts: 2015
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by john316z » 16 Mar 2018, 17:54

Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 13:07
Hard to take the opinions of someone who predicts a line-up with no full-backs seriously.
I'm sure McCann picked a few sides like that :clap2:

Wycliffe
Posts: 1241
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Bury v Posh

Post by Wycliffe » 16 Mar 2018, 18:55

Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 17:30
Wycliffe wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 16:25
Chompy wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 13:07
Hard to take the opinions of someone who predicts a line-up with no full-backs seriously.
So boring, for those who aren't aware this was even mentioned on .net the other day when it was barely relevant :roll:
Hilarious that you feel the need to bring it everyone's attention.

Sorry but you're not my type.
What a strange comment

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests