Leo for Portugal

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27119
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Leo for Portugal

Post by bristleposh » 06 Mar 2018, 20:49

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by tonyp » 06 Mar 2018, 23:38

Thanks for letting us know bristle.
But do we have to have all of these @ symbols all over the place.
The Telegraph reports it without them.
The 19 year-old has been selected for the Portugal Under 20 squad to play in European Elite League games against Germany and England later this month.
The game against Germany will take place in Coimbra, Portugal on March 22. The England match is an away game at a venue to be decided on March 27. Da Silva Lopes was born in Lisbon, Portugal before arriving in Peterborough as a 12 year-old. Posh spotted him playing for Powerleague Under 14s in the Peterborough & District Junior Alliance League. Da Silva Lopes has already made 98 Posh appearances and scored four goals. He would be expected to miss the League One home match with Bristol Rovers on March 24. And they give more information.
Congratulations Leo.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15424
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by stuie » 06 Mar 2018, 23:45

tonyp wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 23:38
Thanks for letting us know bristle.
But do we have to have all of these @ symbols all over the place.
The Telegraph reports it without them.
The 19 year-old has been selected for the Portugal Under 20 squad to play in European Elite League games against Germany and England later this month.
The game against Germany will take place in Coimbra, Portugal on March 22. The England match is an away game at a venue to be decided on March 27. Da Silva Lopes was born in Lisbon, Portugal before arriving in Peterborough as a 12 year-old. Posh spotted him playing for Powerleague Under 14s in the Peterborough & District Junior Alliance League. Da Silva Lopes has already made 98 Posh appearances and scored four goals. He would be expected to miss the League One home match with Bristol Rovers on March 24. And they give more information.
Congratulations Leo.
well done Leo
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27119
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by bristleposh » 06 Mar 2018, 23:48

I just reproduced the tweet from our glorious half owner
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by ashman » 07 Mar 2018, 07:56

Well done Leo. May you continue with your progress despite all your detractors. Your national team can see it, even if a lot of Posh supporters can't at this moment in time. I'm sure that you will win them round eventually.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by john316z » 07 Mar 2018, 08:10

ashman wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 07:56
Well done Leo. May you continue with your progress despite all your detractors. Your national team can see it, even if a lot of Posh supporters can't at this moment in time. I'm sure that you will win them round eventually.
To be fair if gas been hard to see at times, but he does show flashes of brilliance when not stuck at wing back. Enough to give me hope that our new high tempo manager will get the best if him. If he fits into Evans formation he could be flying next season

HantsPosh
Posts: 326
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by HantsPosh » 07 Mar 2018, 09:54

Mr Evans is ‘high tempo’ huh??? There really are several ‘bromances’ going on at the moment.

The England game is at Manchester City’s Academy Ground 27 March at 7pm should anyone wish to go and watch Pele in action. If he misses the Bristol Rovers game will the club ask for the game to be postponed like meddles did a couple of years ago at Fleetwood?

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by tonyp » 07 Mar 2018, 09:58

HantsPosh wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 09:54
If he [Leo] misses the Bristol Rovers game will the club ask for the game to be postponed like meddles did a couple of years ago at Fleetwood?
As a matter of fact I reckon the game against Bristol Rovers will be six pointer.
We should certainly field our best team. Even though Leo will not be in it.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by john316z » 07 Mar 2018, 10:51

HantsPosh wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 09:54
Mr Evans is ‘high tempo’ huh??? There really are several ‘bromances’ going on at the moment.

The England game is at Manchester City’s Academy Ground 27 March at 7pm should anyone wish to go and watch Pele in action. If he misses the Bristol Rovers game will the club ask for the game to be postponed like meddles did a couple of years ago at Fleetwood?
Just giving the manager my support and getting behind the team. You should try it occasionally

Wycliffe
Posts: 1344
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by Wycliffe » 07 Mar 2018, 19:32

I have been steadfast in my opinion that Leo is a player, I have seen enough of him coming through the ranks to believe this. However it is totally disineguous for anyone to say he has impressed on a regular basis for the first team. He has imo not been nurtured well in so much as he has started too many matches and had pressure put on him to play regardless of the position he's been asked to play in. I do not agree with giving him stick, in general historically POSH fans have always been good with their youngsters but Joe Newell suffered from the boo boys too (and is now amongst the very best players in this division). I wish him good luck in the matches he has been chosen in, well the Germany match anyways and hope Messrs Evans & Raynor get the very best out of the lad on a consistent basis as he can do it all when he is on it.

superposh80
Posts: 5534
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by superposh80 » 07 Mar 2018, 20:18

he's been brought along too quickly...and it's been another example of rank bad management. he's played 80 odd games, when it really should have been 20 odd. and this wing back nonsence was an absolute joke.

be interesting to see how evans uses him...more sparingly i would have thought.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by ashman » 12 Mar 2018, 20:00

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by Chompy » 14 May 2018, 11:07

Thing about Leo is he's never been part of a genuinely good team, has been horribly mismanaged, has been played out of position consistently by previous lolmanagers and has had his confidence shot to pieces.

If there's a player SE might be able to turn around this is our boy.

Don't get me wrong, I've been deeply unimpressed by him in most of his 100-odd appearances but we all know the talent is there and we defo shouldn't give up hope. Get him playing box to box, using his speed and energy, surrounded by proper players and we could see a different LDSL.

Remember you read it here first!

Wycliffe
Posts: 1344
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by Wycliffe » 14 May 2018, 12:18

Chompy wrote:
14 May 2018, 11:07
Thing about Leo is he's never been part of a genuinely good team, has been horribly mismanaged, has been played out of position consistently by previous lolmanagers and has had his confidence shot to pieces.

If there's a player SE might be able to turn around this is our boy.

Don't get me wrong, I've been deeply unimpressed by him in most of his 100-odd appearances but we all know the talent is there and we defo shouldn't give up hope. Get him playing box to box, using his speed and energy, surrounded by proper players and we could see a different LDSL.

Remember you read it here first!
In the spirit of point scoring I think you'll find I have already said much the same on the thread about the periscope/meet up. :D

IF evans can get him playing in that way ie box to box it will be the first manager to do so since the youths.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Leo for Portugal

Post by Chompy » 14 May 2018, 14:58

you mean this?

"Regarding Leo your selective hearing has let you down.
He actually said he wanted Leo to be a box to box player which if you know anything about the lad he was albeit in the youth set up.
The player himself has said under previous managers he was told to keep the ball as much as possible which is somewhat ironic considering the ease he used to give it away."

I'm guessing not, since it's completely different and everything.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests