Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Posh v Charlton Athletic

Post by tonyp » 12 Mar 2018, 09:39

superposh80 wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 07:44
ashman wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 05:20
A good summation of recent events. It’s just a shame that Grant McCann has had to lose his livelehood because of it. Modern day football is a cruel occupation.
Yep....and like any other manager he knows how it works.

If you're not up to the job and don't get results you carry the can and lose your job.

That's exactly what happened with Grant.
Yep. Yup.
All the best Grant.
Being happy never goes out of style

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 12 Mar 2018, 10:04

I don't think for one nano-second anyone is not wishing Grant the very best of luck in the future. He'll always be a POSH legend BUT, for whatever reason, he was not getting the best out of our lads.
If Steve Evans can come in and do that, I'll be behind him. Surely, as supporters, that's our job?
Like we all know, it's a results driven business.
I'd rather be at the top with a Manager that some don't much care for than tumbling towards the dreaded R zone.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 12 Mar 2018, 10:45

gazwilwah wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 01:06
superposh80 wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 10:47
Under GM we dropped 20 points from winning positions...half of those in injury time.

We regularly lost away from home to struggling sides.

The likelihood is...We'd have folded at 2-1 up yesterday and lost at Bury with him.

It's not 'bullying'...They're facts.

Best not let those get in the way though.

The facts are Grant was not on the pitch, the players were, the same players in the team now. What do we do if they start to let in late goals again and throw points away? blame the new manager? There were some horrendous errors in some of them games, is that Grants fault to? no it's the players and If I had been Grant those players who threw away points with laughable errors would not be in a Posh shirt for a long while afterwards because in the end, its them errors that cost grant his job.
It wasn't Grant's fault...

The earth is flat...

Hard to know which is widest of the mark tbh.
Last edited by Chompy on 12 Mar 2018, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 12 Mar 2018, 12:02

poshnipper wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 10:04
I don't think for one nano-second anyone is not wishing Grant the very best of luck in the future. He'll always be a POSH legend BUT, for whatever reason, he was not getting the best out of our lads.
If Steve Evans can come in and do that, I'll be behind him. Surely, as supporters, that's our job?
I'd rather be at the top with a Manager that some don't much care for than tumbling towards the dreaded R zone.
:clap2: :clap2:
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 12 Mar 2018, 14:22

poshnipper wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 10:04
Spot on nipper. Grant was an absolute legend on the pitch but off it not so much. Whether or not it was his fault... Perhaps Darragh needs to shoulder a large part of responsibility as he put him in a position that was in hindsight too much for him to handle. hopefully Grant can learn from the experience and come back stronger elsewhere.

Evans is a conundrum and many people have already decided they don't like due to indiscretions elsewhere. fact is, if he turns us into winners and builds a promotion push this season or next, we'll all be happy. if that is more akin to Franny green's fairly disparaging comments on Saturday, who cares?

I'd love to see the return of the football we played under Fergie as it was a thrill to watch but we no longer have enough quality to do that, so if he can turn our under performers into something else... Fantastic news. The neersayers (sic) will soon stop moaning about Evans with results on the board.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 12 Mar 2018, 15:18

They may grudgingly accept him John....

But will continue to call him 'fat' as their little sign of protest.

Pathetic really

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 12 Mar 2018, 17:11

Chompy wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 10:45
gazwilwah wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 01:06
superposh80 wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 10:47
Under GM we dropped 20 points from winning positions...half of those in injury time.

We regularly lost away from home to struggling sides.

The likelihood is...We'd have folded at 2-1 up yesterday and lost at Bury with him.

It's not 'bullying'...They're facts.

Best not let those get in the way though.

The facts are Grant was not on the pitch, the players were, the same players in the team now. What do we do if they start to let in late goals again and throw points away? blame the new manager? There were some horrendous errors in some of them games, is that Grants fault to? no it's the players and If I had been Grant those players who threw away points with laughable errors would not be in a Posh shirt for a long while afterwards because in the end, its them errors that cost grant his job.
It wasn't Grant's fault...

The earth is flat...

Hard to know which is widest of the mark tbh.
Grant left us in pretty good shape, just outisde the play offs in leagiue 1 is not bad for a club our size and especially as it was his first managers job, i'm sure he'll have learned a lot from this and will go on to better things. Evans is obviously more experienced and i doubt he'll give players the time Grant gave them if they don't perform.