Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Apr 2018, 09:12

Chompy wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 00:57
HantsPosh wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 23:00
john316z wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:41

Wrong again... Keep trying.... chuckle brothers.... you and miseryguts60 are clowns in comparison
11 points from 10 games 4 defeats in a row.....................refute that Mr Chuckle!
Dead rubbers. Irrelevant.
Dead rubbers when we could get into the play offs if we win them??????? You get more desperate with every post you make in support of Uncle Stevie

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Apr 2018, 09:17

I have a friend who can not forgive Evans for his misdeeds at Boston, he was perfectly prepared to overlook the wife beating and the drink driving, but dipping ones hand in the cookie jar is unforgivable. I am prepared to give the lardster a chance purely and simply because he is now in the position of power.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

nickat

Post by nickat » 25 Apr 2018, 09:23

Evans was a poor appointment, and an appointment of the heart not the head, him being a Posh supporter and living locally. Some team in China has dodged a bullet there.
He is all bravado and hot air. Waving your arms and shouting does not a good manager make.
There was an inevitability that he would manage Posh one day. I only hope that chapter in the clubs history is over shortly otherwise I fear we will be doing a Milton Keynes next year.
If we had lost 4 in a row under Grant, this board would be in uproar, yet we still have the Evans fans trying to blame the squad, when Evans has managed them into a worse position than we were when he arrived.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 25 Apr 2018, 09:30

I did indeed post after the Blackburn game that we should have a total clear out, meaning of course the majority of the players. To clarify I would keep Marriot,Maddison and Lopes to sell, with Edwards,Taff,Cooper,and maybe Hughes to keep. The rest I have no interest at this stage.
Major surgery IS needed in the summer, but it will take maybe a couple of more Seasons to rise to the Championship.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Apr 2018, 09:45

Brianposh wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 09:30
I did indeed post after the Blackburn game that we should have a total clear out, meaning of course the majority of the players. To clarify I would keep Marriot,Maddison and Lopes to sell, with Edwards,Taff,Cooper,and maybe Hughes to keep. The rest I have no interest at this stage.
Major surgery IS needed in the summer, but it will take maybe a couple of more Seasons to rise to the Championship.
I'm not sure who in their right mind would buy Lopes....

But I'd agree with the rest of that post.

john316z

Post by john316z » 25 Apr 2018, 12:54

bristleposh wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 09:17
I have a friend who can not forgive Evans for his misdeeds at Boston, he was perfectly prepared to overlook the wife beating and the drink driving, but dipping ones hand in the cookie jar is unforgivable. I am prepared to give the lardster a chance purely and simply because he is now in the position of power.
Hurrah. More sense!

john316z

Post by john316z » 25 Apr 2018, 12:57

HantsPosh wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 23:00
john316z wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:41
HantsPosh wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:36
Well you managed it for long enough under McCann or when you’re slating ‘calamity’ Jack or Miller or Gormley or EVERYBODY but your beloved Uncle Stevie.

11 points from 10 games is it and 4 defeats in a row.

And more comedy gold from the Chuckle Brothers to say Uncle Stevie wasn’t brought in to get promotion this season..........................that is exactly why McBlarney brought him in when he did.
Wrong again... Keep trying.... chuckle brothers.... you and miseryguts60 are clowns in comparison
11 points from 10 games 4 defeats in a row.....................refute that!
If we're quoting stats to bias an argument. Why is Maddison not L1 player of the year. See it's easy to quote stats when it suits

john316z

Post by john316z » 25 Apr 2018, 12:58

DaveLister wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 23:10
Chompy wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:40
How many points did your beloved McCan't and his wonderful string of gutless showponies throw away from winning positions?

The signs were there from as early as that banal 0-0 draw at Doncaster onwards that we had some major holes. Fifteen lightweight wingers and no central midfield does not a squad make.

Steve E was bought in to have a free swing and then to rebuild after three pathetic managers on the spin built up this joke of a squad.

I was right about Gormley and again to label our bbq-loving captain marvel 'Calamity'. End of.
Is that the same Steve E who said if we made the playoffs we'd win them?
Tbf what else would he say? Er yeah I've no chance with this bunch. They're all useless....

john316z

Post by john316z » 25 Apr 2018, 12:58

nickat wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 09:23
Evans was a poor appointment, and an appointment of the heart not the head, him being a Posh supporter and living locally. Some team in China has dodged a bullet there.
He is all bravado and hot air. Waving your arms and shouting does not a good manager make.
There was an inevitability that he would manage Posh one day. I only hope that chapter in the clubs history is over shortly otherwise I fear we will be doing a Milton Keynes next year.
If we had lost 4 in a row under Grant, this board would be in uproar, yet we still have the Evans fans trying to blame the squad, when Evans has managed them into a worse position than we were when he arrived.
He had a lot of poor promotions under his belt too. Just saying

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Apr 2018, 13:03

Remember we sold Santos for a six figure fee, there are teams out there that would snap our arms off for him for decent money. You may not like him, but given a decent run in a side in the right position, he will make a hell of a player, you could tell how good he was in glimpses especially at Plymouth, where he was to clever by half for most of the rest of the team, the detractors on here are the only ones that were happy to see the likes of Kgosi, Newell, Rowe and Santos leave, Anderson is another who is worth more time. JM £3/4m MM £1m and Leo .5m + add ons in all cases.
Last edited by bristleposh on 25 Apr 2018, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

john316z

Post by john316z » 25 Apr 2018, 14:38

bristleposh wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 13:03
Remember we sold Santos for a six figure fee, there are teams out there that would snap our arms off for him for decent money. You may not like him, but given a decent run in a side in the right position, he will make a hell of a player, you could tell how good he was in glimpses especially at Plymouth, where he was to clever by half for most of the rest of the team, the detractors on here are the only ones that were happy to see the likes of Kgosi, Newell, Rowe and Santos leave, Anderson is another who is worth more time. JM £3/4m MM £1 and Leo .5m + add ons in all cases.
I think Leo will be a decent player, possibly not here though sadly. Not the 1st or last time that'll happen either

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Apr 2018, 15:31

john316z wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 14:38
bristleposh wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 13:03
Remember we sold Santos for a six figure fee, there are teams out there that would snap our arms off for him for decent money. You may not like him, but given a decent run in a side in the right position, he will make a hell of a player, you could tell how good he was in glimpses especially at Plymouth, where he was to clever by half for most of the rest of the team, the detractors on here are the only ones that were happy to see the likes of Kgosi, Newell, Rowe and Santos leave, Anderson is another who is worth more time. JM £3/4m MM £1 and Leo .5m + add ons in all cases.
I think Leo will be a decent player, possibly not here though sadly. Not the 1st or last time that'll happen either
I just noticed the typo I made, I will put it right there is a term that covers that kind of mistake.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Apr 2018, 16:58

bristleposh wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 09:17
Bristle you’ve just listed all the reasons I didn’t want Evans at the club I love so much, that coupled with the fact he’s a bully as was evidenced by his aftematch comments last night blaming everyone but himself and threatening the players publicly with being moved on is no way to motivate anyone. His comments just confirmed my opinion that he is a cheque book manager and nothing more. A real coach would improve players but no all he does is threaten and bully them, something he has a track record of doing.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Apr 2018, 17:24

Evans's comments were both refreshing and honest.

Fair play to him for laying in to them...They deserved it.

For years Posh fans have moaned how Darragh signed the players and picked the team....Now we have a manager that is actually going to do that...They still don't like it.

I'll judge Evans at the end of next season...and the following season.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 25 Apr 2018, 18:17

superposh80 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 17:24
Evans's comments were both refreshing and honest.

Fair play to him for laying in to them...They deserved it.

For years Posh fans have moaned how Darragh signed the players and picked the team....Now we have a manager that is actually going to do that...They still don't like it.

I'll judge Evans at the end of next season...and the following season.
Do you honestly think that the chairman will no longer have a say in who comes and goes? I guarantee that he will still want to sign, young untried chancers from lower leagues to make a fast buck despite what Evans wants.
This is and always will be a selling club and i have said many times that this is more important than promotion to a higher level
Until that policy changes, then we will always be a Div 1 club