Shrewsbury away

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by Chompy » 24 Apr 2018, 21:44

Nothing to do with Evans. Do you really not understand what you're seeing here?

Amazing really how far some rofflers are off the pace.

Anyways, in front at HT, give away 3pts from a winning position thanks to a blunder from Calamity Jack? Has this ever happened before please? Oh yeah, Blackburn last Thursday. 30pts now?

But it's all irrelevant. This pathetic, spineless squad of spoiled children will soon be broken up. Most of them knew their fate already I'm sure going into a dead rubber, yet still the Evans knockers will be out questioning selection etc. What has he done since he came here? Blah blah.

So, so, so far off the pace...

It's all about the summer dummies.

pleasureboy60
Posts: 193
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by pleasureboy60 » 24 Apr 2018, 21:56

I think you will find that this pathetic, spineless squad of spoilt children won't be as easy to shift as you think! As for Evans? I at least expected him to come in and make his mark. He could more than likely have most of this squad next season,cause damn sure nobody else will want them!

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by Chompy » 24 Apr 2018, 22:00

Evans has 100% made his mark. Why is everyone being so short term here? We were done already when he came in.

Did you really believe all the stuff about 'he's quality, he's a genius, he's exceptional'?

SE knew the same about this bunch as we all did. Probably more.

McCann left him with a massively lopsided, unfit squad who ultimately lacked belief. What was the guy supposed to do?

Give him a summer.

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1486
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by PoshCynic » 24 Apr 2018, 22:01

pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 21:56
I think you will find that this pathetic, spineless squad of spoilt children won't be as easy to shift as you think! As for Evans? I at least expected him to come in and make his mark. He could more than likely have most of this squad next season,cause damn sure nobody else will want them!
Quite so. :(

tooposhforwords
Posts: 453
Joined: 01 Feb 2010, 13:06

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by tooposhforwords » 24 Apr 2018, 22:05

pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 21:40
All the Evans lovers have gone very quiet these days! Where are you All?
Because Baldwin is that bulwark in defence (have we ever had a back four?) that we have witnessed over the season(s)? That we’ve had creativity in midfield over the season(s)? Or possibly we haven’t had a competent manager in years?
We now have a manager with a record of achievement with a chance to burnish a new Posh.

Nope. Let’s get rid of him.

lolfans the lot of them.

john316z
Posts: 2168
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by john316z » 24 Apr 2018, 22:10

pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 21:40
All the Evans lovers have gone very quiet these days! Where are you All?
I'm here and going nowhere. <feel free to wave back>

john316z
Posts: 2168
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by john316z » 24 Apr 2018, 22:11

pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 21:56
I think you will find that this pathetic, spineless squad of spoilt children won't be as easy to shift as you think! As for Evans? I at least expected him to come in and make his mark. He could more than likely have most of this squad next season,cause damn sure nobody else will want them!
Do are you saying Evans or the squad are useless? Make your mind up lad :shock:

john316z
Posts: 2168
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by john316z » 24 Apr 2018, 22:14

Chompy wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:00
Evans has 100% made his mark. Why is everyone being so short term here? We were done already when he came in.

Did you really believe all the stuff about 'he's quality, he's a genius, he's exceptional'?

SE knew the same about this bunch as we all did. Probably more.

McCann left him with a massively lopsided, unfit squad who ultimately lacked belief. What was the guy supposed to do?

Give him a summer.
Posh fans.... most are Darragh lovers (the messiah) or Evans haters. Once he gets us winning next season they'll all change their tune. We all want winners most on here will begrudge it when it starts rolling in.... sad really

john316z
Posts: 2168
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by john316z » 24 Apr 2018, 22:15

tooposhforwords wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:05
pleasureboy60 wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 21:40
All the Evans lovers have gone very quiet these days! Where are you All?
Because Baldwin is that bulwark in defence (have we ever had a back four?) that we have witnessed over the season(s)? That we’ve had creativity in midfield over the season(s)? Or possibly we haven’t had a competent manager in years?
We now have a manager with a record of achievement with a chance to burnish a new Posh.

Nope. Let’s get rid of him.

lolfans the lot of them.
At last another brain has been discovered. Welcome go the future :clap:

pleasureboy60
Posts: 193
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by pleasureboy60 » 24 Apr 2018, 22:17

I'm saying that he hasn't been able to motivate this bunch this season,so what will change for next season. He will still have the majority of this squad for next season and beyond or until their contracts run out.

pleasureboy60
Posts: 193
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by pleasureboy60 » 24 Apr 2018, 22:19

john316z wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:14
Chompy wrote:
24 Apr 2018, 22:00
Evans has 100% made his mark. Why is everyone being so short term here? We were done already when he came in.

Did you really believe all the stuff about 'he's quality, he's a genius, he's exceptional'?

SE knew the same about this bunch as we all did. Probably more.

McCann left him with a massively lopsided, unfit squad who ultimately lacked belief. What was the guy supposed to do?

Give him a summer.
Posh fans.... most are Darragh lovers (the messiah) or Evans haters. Once he gets us winning next season they'll all change their tune. We all want winners most on here will begrudge it when it starts rolling in.... sad really
Dream on my friend!

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by Chompy » 24 Apr 2018, 22:23

Must suck being so negative all the time?

HantsPosh
Posts: 349
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by HantsPosh » 24 Apr 2018, 22:36

Well you managed it for long enough under McCann or when you’re slating ‘calamity’ Jack or Miller or Gormley or EVERYBODY but your beloved Uncle Stevie.

11 points from 10 games is it and 4 defeats in a row.

And more comedy gold from the Chuckle Brothers to say Uncle Stevie wasn’t brought in to get promotion this season..........................that is exactly why McBlarney brought him in when he did.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27212
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by bristleposh » 24 Apr 2018, 22:40

I don't think any of us should be overly happy boys. 1-0 up and you lose 3-1, once would be careless, twice is utterly ridiculous. It's such a chameleon as I had high hopes at the start of the season, I had high hopes after the January window, I had high hopes when he brought in Evans, but it's the same old ****, just another day.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5355
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by Chompy » 24 Apr 2018, 22:40

How many points did your beloved McCan't and his wonderful string of gutless showponies throw away from winning positions?

The signs were there from as early as that banal 0-0 draw at Doncaster onwards that we had some major holes. Fifteen lightweight wingers and no central midfield does not a squad make.

Steve E was bought in to have a free swing and then to rebuild after three pathetic managers on the spin built up this joke of a squad.

I was right about Gormley and again to label our bbq-loving captain marvel 'Calamity'. End of.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wycliffe and 5 guests