Shrewsbury away

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Shrewsbury away

Post by Chompy » 25 Apr 2018, 18:24

Unlike MK Dons and the Cobblers.

Sometimes everyone forgets how well off we are ultimately.

I'd imagine the incomings this summer will be a mix. One for me, one for you, one for me.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 25 Apr 2018, 20:16

pleasureboy60 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 18:17
superposh80 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 17:24
Evans's comments were both refreshing and honest.

Fair play to him for laying in to them...They deserved it.

For years Posh fans have moaned how Darragh signed the players and picked the team....Now we have a manager that is actually going to do that...They still don't like it.

I'll judge Evans at the end of next season...and the following season.
Do you honestly think that the chairman will no longer have a say in who comes and goes? I guarantee that he will still want to sign, young untried chancers from lower leagues to make a fast buck despite what Evans wants.
This is and always will be a selling club and i have said many times that this is more important than promotion to a higher level
Until that policy changes, then we will always be a Div 1 club
Of course he'll have a say....It's his club and money.

But less of a say than pre Evans.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 27 Apr 2018, 18:46

I am nowhere near the stage where I am going to rip into Evans anymore than i was with GM, but quite how or why you defend him so blindly Chompy and more, the enthusiastic gusto in which you are totally escapes me.
You claim these games didn't mean anything which to me is quite absurd as up until these last four games we were still in the play off mix and whilst it doesn't really affect what may happen next season, clearly since his arrival he has proved to be a dismal flop.
No new manager syndrome with our leader and certainly no improvements, in fact unquestionably in many aspects they have got worse and the way he has thus far blamed just about everyone and everything for those failures I frankly find quite unpalatable.
Without wanting to start a war of words, (am too old.for that) would also like to politely add that regardless of how many times you claim to be right over so many Posh related issues will never mean you actually are my friend.
Of course I will support Evans, he is our manager, but putting aside the dross he has so far served up, as I dont like bullies and deplore buck passing, something SE appears to have mastered with aplomb, in my eyes he's got off to a very poor start both on and off the pitch

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Apr 2018, 19:02

True words
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 28 Apr 2018, 11:41

bettingbill wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 18:46
I am nowhere near the stage where I am going to rip into Evans anymore than i was with GM, but quite how or why you defend him so blindly Chompy and more, the enthusiastic gusto in which you are totally escapes me.
You claim these games didn't mean anything which to me is quite absurd as up until these last four games we were still in the play off mix and whilst it doesn't really affect what may happen next season, clearly since his arrival he has proved to be a dismal flop.
No new manager syndrome with our leader and certainly no improvements, in fact unquestionably in many aspects they have got worse and the way he has thus far blamed just about everyone and everything for those failures I frankly find quite unpalatable.
Without wanting to start a war of words, (am too old.for that) would also like to politely add that regardless of how many times you claim to be right over so many Posh related issues will never mean you actually are my friend.
Of course I will support Evans, he is our manager, but putting aside the dross he has so far served up, as I dont like bullies and deplore buck passing, something SE appears to have mastered with aplomb, in my eyes he's got off to a very poor start both on and off the pitch
I don't think we were ever..."in the mix"

I also don't think any Posh fan...hand on heart...Would say this squad has been good enough to make the top six.

We've lost the last 4 games...3 of those against teams above us and better than us. The other one was against Rochdale...A big strong physical well organised side that we always struggle against.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...and whatever Evans has said or done...He knew we weren't good enough from the minute he walked in the door.

It's his job to make sure that changes next season.

He deserves that chance.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Apr 2018, 12:05

FACT.

The word 'kindergarten' was used by SE in the Fleetwood preview.

This has been a recurring theme since GM becamse assistant, then manager. Bunch of spoilt kids being wrapped in cotton wool. Time for a reality check.

john316z

Post by john316z » 28 Apr 2018, 13:25

We've all cried out for years we've lacked players prepare to battle on the pitch. Next season will be different. I don't see Maddison staying as he's never going to work hard enough for Evans. Cooper looks to be showing potential as a replacement though. Actually looking forward to next season

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 28 Apr 2018, 13:31

Too many lightweights.

We'll never get out of this league with the likes of Forrester Anderson and LDSL in the team.

Time to move on from them.

stuie

Post by stuie » 28 Apr 2018, 20:12

superposh80 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 17:24

I'll judge Evans at the end of next season...and the following season.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 28 Apr 2018, 20:14

Chompy wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 18:24
Unlike MK Dons and the Cobblers.

Sometimes everyone forgets how well off we are ultimately.

I'd imagine the incomings this summer will be a mix. One for me, one for you, one for me.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far