All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by Brianposh » 28 Feb 2018, 09:55

I will judge him on the standard of football played and the entertainment given. I certainly expect in that Dept.it WILL improve enormously. Good results will then follow. :)
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 11:15

DaveLister wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 09:39
Chompy wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 23:55
Of course now we're going to have the inevitable Evans whiners coming out moaning before he's even had one game in charge.

It was inevitably going to happen at some point, same as Fry's dynasty was inevitable back in the day, and now is the PERFECT time.

He's inheriting a quality squad on the edge of the play-offs.

"We want an experienced manager" they cried, "Not another puppet for the puppet master to control", "Not another cheap option."

Well Evans is experienced, successful, 100% in charge and doesn't come cheap. Won't stop the clowns moaning though.

Basically they all need to STFU.

This is a day to CELEBRATE.
And if this ends in tears, I'll be reminding you of this post.
As has been mentioned before, most managerial appointments end in tears. The chances are he will move on or be sacked within the next couple of seasons, so you're not exactly showing insight here.

No doubt, if something goes dramatically wrong, you'll be back to tell us all that you knew best all along, whereas if it works out ok, there'll be silence.

You comment is basically vague pre-timing aftertiming. You don't back it up with anything of substance, so...zzzzzzzzzzz

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Feb 2018, 11:46

stuie wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 09:51
well I will support him and the Posh, evaluating his success or failure on the pitch
:stupid: Me, too.
Being happy never goes out of style

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 28 Feb 2018, 11:47

When Barry Fry came to Posh in 1996 we all thought that was a day to celebrate too, and that culminated in fan protests, two relegations, selling London Road to keep the taxman at bay and flirting with administration several times.

That being said, 22 years later, Fry is still here and is doing a job for the football club that brings in considerable revenue through the sales of players at a profit. Evans won't ever do that. (though it's worth remembering it was Evans who flogged us the useless lazy cart horse that is Tyrone Barnett for £1m, money well spent, eh?)

I can see this ending the way Gary Johnsons reign did, amid disputes over players being bought and sold (read Darraghs book) and no doubt people will still blame McCann for spending all the money.

Evans will turn us into more successful model of Lincoln. It won't be pretty football to watch, but I don't recall many Arsenal fans complaining about George Graham. But it won't last. Evans will certainly be gone by the end of next season as a bigger club comes knocking, as he's proved throughout his career.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Feb 2018, 11:52

Brianposh wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 09:55
I will judge him on the standard of football played and the entertainment given. I certainly expect in that Dept.it WILL improve enormously. Good results will then follow. :)
Well said Brian. :clap2: :clap2:
Being happy never goes out of style

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 12:10

DaveLister wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:47
When Barry Fry came to Posh in 1996 we all thought that was a day to celebrate too, and that culminated in fan protests, two relegations, selling London Road to keep the taxman at bay and flirting with administration several times.

That being said, 22 years later, Fry is still here and is doing a job for the football club that brings in considerable revenue through the sales of players at a profit. Evans won't ever do that. (though it's worth remembering it was Evans who flogged us the useless lazy cart horse that is Tyrone Barnett for £1m, money well spent, eh?)

I can see this ending the way Gary Johnsons reign did, amid disputes over players being bought and sold (read Darraghs book) and no doubt people will still blame McCann for spending all the money.

Evans will turn us into more successful model of Lincoln. It won't be pretty football to watch, but I don't recall many Arsenal fans complaining about George Graham. But it won't last. Evans will certainly be gone by the end of next season as a bigger club comes knocking, as he's proved throughout his career.
On the flip side, kudos to Evans for managing to get £1.1m for a donkey like Tyrone!

I'm sure the Crawley fans thought he was a genius.

Lincoln? Tell me you're not persisting with this 'Evans is a long-ball merchant' idea that you're read somewhere? It's just garbage. Do you really think DMac, wuth his set ideas on how he wants the game played, would employ someone like that?

Also, Evans is not Fry, so any comparisons are redundant.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 28 Feb 2018, 12:24

Are some Posh fans really stupid enough to believe that Darragh would employ a manager who would bring dull, negative style football to London Road?...Apparently so.

His Rotherham team played us off the park at our gaff 3 years ago...and that's the style of football we should be expecting.

White G

Post by White G » 28 Feb 2018, 12:33

We want winners at the club, not likeable losers! Case closed.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 13:19

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Lewis

Post by Lewis » 28 Feb 2018, 13:24

Excellent news for all Posh fans !!!!!!!!

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 28 Feb 2018, 13:40

darragh...

"as soon as someone of the calibre of steve called to register their interest in the vacant position...."

ha ha.

nickat

Post by nickat » 28 Feb 2018, 14:17

I am not a fan to Evans. Nothing to do with what has been said about past discretions but more to do with what I have read and heard about his managerial style from previous players who have played under him. Much is made of his supporting of Posh and the fact he lives locally, much as it was of Ricky Miller, who proved that this counts for nothing.
There was always an inevitability that he would at some point become the manger of Posh, and while I hope he proves me wrong I suspect it will be better to get this page of the clubs history out of the way sooner rather than later.

Nmids

Post by Nmids » 28 Feb 2018, 14:29

Long time Tamworth fan here. Don't particularly want to rain on the parade... I'll keep it short;

Very well written article:
http://twohundredpercent.net/steve-evan ... -criminal/

Or this blog from a Cheltenham fan:
http://charliedotgilbert.blogspot.co.uk ... ussex.html

It may all be in the past and maybe you do only care about results and performances on the pitch, but a leopard never changes it's spots.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 14:31

nickat wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:17
I am not a fan to Evans. Nothing to do with what has been said about past discretions but more to do with what I have read and heard about his managerial style from previous players who have played under him. Much is made of his supporting of Posh and the fact he lives locally, much as it was of Ricky Miller, who proved that this counts for nothing.
There was always an inevitability that he would at some point become the manger of Posh, and while I hope he proves me wrong I suspect it will be better to get this page of the clubs history out of the way sooner rather than later.
We could soon see the return of Ricky Miller, Bobby Olejnik, Christian Pearce, Haydn White and/or Alfie Potter!

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 14:43

We now have the two most hated/loved men in football and along with our chairman it is almost like the second coming of the Holy Trinity! I just hope that they can replicate the exploits of our first Holy Trinity! Only time will tell.

From Cheltenham Town blog. 'Steve Evans - arguably the most obnoxious man in football, a convicted criminal and West Sussex's most iconic drag queen!' :lol: