All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
Ceenitall
Posts: 1214
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by Ceenitall » 02 Mar 2018, 11:09

Posh have a good squad of players, we have seen what they are capable of. We now enter a new era, a competent manager who will demand 100% effort. The road to glory lays open to Posh. Get your ST before they have all gone.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15926
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by DaveLister » 02 Mar 2018, 15:05

Ceenitall wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:09
Posh have a good squad of players, we have seen what they are capable of. We now enter a new era, a competent manager who will demand 100% effort. The road to glory lays open to Posh. Get your ST before they have all gone.
I seriously doubt we're going to sell out of season tickets :lol:
Image

john316z
Posts: 2123
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by john316z » 02 Mar 2018, 15:08

Ceenitall wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:09
Posh have a good squad of players, we have seen what they are capable of. We now enter a new era, a competent manager who will demand 100% effort. The road to glory lays open to Posh. Get your ST before they have all gone.
Plenty to be excited about but I'm not expecting world domination just yet :lol:

Don't expect a sell out either but looking for that 10 game ticket to reappear

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15423
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by stuie » 02 Mar 2018, 15:32

john316z wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 15:08
Ceenitall wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:09
Posh have a good squad of players, we have seen what they are capable of. We now enter a new era, a competent manager who will demand 100% effort. The road to glory lays open to Posh. Get your ST before they have all gone.
Plenty to be excited about but I'm not expecting world domination just yet :lol:

Don't expect a sell out either but looking for that 10 game ticket to reappear
yup :stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16587
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by ashman » 02 Mar 2018, 17:52

I spoke to Phil Adlam and he said that we had already sold about 1,600 season tickets for next season.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5521
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by superposh80 » 02 Mar 2018, 18:24

ashman wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 17:52
I spoke to Phil Adlam and he said that we had already sold about 1,600 season tickets for next season.
Why do you think that is Ashman....

The prospect of employing a manager who doesn't play sideward backward slow tempo football and has a reputation for winning home games and with 8 promotions under his belt, we think?

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16587
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by ashman » 02 Mar 2018, 18:27

superposh80 wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 18:24
ashman wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 17:52
I spoke to Phil Adlam and he said that we had already sold about 1,600 season tickets for next season.
Why do you think that is Ashman....

The prospect of employing a manager who doesn't play sideward backward slow tempo football and has a reputation for winning home games and with 8 promotions under his belt, we think?
Posted purely as information with no agenda attached. :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5280
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by Chompy » 02 Mar 2018, 19:53

Look at you, mingling with the stars!

HantsPosh
Posts: 321
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by HantsPosh » 02 Mar 2018, 21:12

ashman wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 17:52
I spoke to Phil Adlam and he said that we had already sold about 1,600 season tickets for next season.
How many had we sold at this stage last season?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15423
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by stuie » 03 Mar 2018, 17:08

:comeon: Just listening to final score, good teachers improve the whole class, I believe Steve Evans fits this category,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

BestStag
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 15:52

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by BestStag » 06 Apr 2018, 15:21

Hi all once again, I posted my opinions of Steve Evans on this thread as a Mansfield fan a few weeks back when he first joined you. I`m interested to know your thoughts so far. Our results have massively nose dived since his departure and we look in real danger of not even making the play offs

john316z
Posts: 2123
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by john316z » 06 Apr 2018, 18:37

BestStag wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 15:21
Hi all once again, I posted my opinions of Steve Evans on this thread as a Mansfield fan a few weeks back when he first joined you. I`m interested to know your thoughts so far. Our results have massively nose dived since his departure and we look in real danger of not even making the play offs
Very happy so far. Think he's still searching for his best selection and probably down to the fact that some of our squad Evans wouldn't buy. A number of our fans have already decided they don't like him but if he's successful they'll shut up pretty quickly.

Shame your season has gone off the rails but good luck with the promotion push

superposh80
Posts: 5521
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: All aboard the Steve Evans express, woo woo!

Post by superposh80 » 06 Apr 2018, 19:02

He's a proper manager, for sure.

Whether he'll manage to get a pretty average squad....Someone else's squad...into the play offs and beyond is another thing but he's going to put his own stamp on things in the next season or two and that's when he should be judged.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests