Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Reading between the lines

Post by tonyp » 26 Feb 2018, 00:04

stuie wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 19:47
the irony of it all, is that we can still make 6th position
Correct. As Nipper would say "mathematically speaking".
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Feb 2018, 00:08

superposh80 wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 18:44

It's over for the season.

The fans know it...The player's know it...As do Darragh and Grant.
:lol: :lol:
Being happy never goes out of style

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 26 Feb 2018, 19:31

For fear of taking undue stick I actually get , if not totally agree with Bristle Posh about Maddisom and Marriot certainly if it was directed at the post xmas form.
I have said before on here but unless there are other reasons, which obviously there could be, coincidentally or not, it does look like all the transfer talk really affected their performances and the last eight league games or so they have both been a shadow of the players they were when the sun was on their back's.
Intotally agrww that without the two we wouldn't remotely be in the poaition we are but in my eyes and its a view shared by many around. Me, Madison for whatever reason has reverted to the utterly frustrating
player he was this time last year but worse with even less effort and Jack as Bristleposh alludes appears to have forgotten that there are ten team mates out in the pitch with him, preferring on at least half a dozen times to shoot when a simple pass was by a country mile the better option. I think it was Miller at Southend that did similarly and he rightly got a lambasting for doing so, but that was once, Jack has now become a serial offender in that respect.
If we arw going to impregnate the play offs and though doubtful it is still doable, of course it is we need our two best players performing as they were a few months back.
Were that to happen am convinced it would lift the rest of the team and most certainly the crowd both of whom presently seem to have accepted another season of mediocrity

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Feb 2018, 20:33

bettingbill wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 19:31
For fear of taking undue stick I actually get , if not totally agree with Bristle Posh about Maddisom and Marriot certainly if it was directed at the post xmas form.
I have said before on here but unless there are other reasons, which obviously there could be, coincidentally or not, it does look like all the transfer talk really affected their performances and the last eight league games or so they have both been a shadow of the players they were when the sun was on their back's.
Intotally agrww that without the two we wouldn't remotely be in the poaition we are but in my eyes and its a view shared by many around. Me, Madison for whatever reason has reverted to the utterly frustrating
player he was this time last year but worse with even less effort and Jack as Bristleposh alludes appears to have forgotten that there are ten team mates out in the pitch with him, preferring on at least half a dozen times to shoot when a simple pass was by a country mile the better option. I think it was Miller at Southend that did similarly and he rightly got a lambasting for doing so, but that was once, Jack has now become a serial offender in that respect.
If we arw going to impregnate the play offs and though doubtful it is still doable, of course it is we need our two best players performing as they were a few months back.
Were that to happen am convinced it would lift the rest of the team and most certainly the crowd both of whom presently seem to have accepted another season of mediocrity
Thank you exactly what I meant
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761