Posh v Walsall

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16444
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 14:25

poshnipper wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:04
ashman wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:29
Even better and amusing about Taylor from this game, and an image that I will always treasure. (a bit like the 'goal' scored by Posh where the ball definitely went through the side netting, ended up in the goal net and the ref gave the goal! Anyone remember the forwards name?)
Steven Taylor was lying flat out on his belly in our area after a sustained Walsall attack. He somehow managed to stretch out his neck muscles, tortoise like, and head a stationary ball through the snow no further than about a foot and away from danger - probably his most important header all night! Not many will have noticed it unless they were in the London Road End, as he was masked from the rest of the stadium by a host of other players. Totally summed up the man's commitment to Posh. :clap: :clap:
Tortoise like :clap2: :clap2: Hard to describe but that’s exactly what is was. Brilliant and very brave.
Altogether now 1 2 3 4 We’ve got Stephen Taylor ........
Steven Taylor has almost attained legendary status quicker than any other Posh player I can think of!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by stuie » 28 Feb 2018, 14:46

Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:37
.
Brilliant :clap: :clap:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26929
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 14:55

stuie wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:46
Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 11:37
.
Brilliant :clap: :clap:
I'll agree with youi despite the picture not coming up on the quote I knew you meant the curling picture
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5136
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 15:26

ashman wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:25
poshnipper wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 14:04
ashman wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:29
Even better and amusing about Taylor from this game, and an image that I will always treasure. (a bit like the 'goal' scored by Posh where the ball definitely went through the side netting, ended up in the goal net and the ref gave the goal! Anyone remember the forwards name?)
Steven Taylor was lying flat out on his belly in our area after a sustained Walsall attack. He somehow managed to stretch out his neck muscles, tortoise like, and head a stationary ball through the snow no further than about a foot and away from danger - probably his most important header all night! Not many will have noticed it unless they were in the London Road End, as he was masked from the rest of the stadium by a host of other players. Totally summed up the man's commitment to Posh. :clap: :clap:
Tortoise like :clap2: :clap2: Hard to describe but that’s exactly what is was. Brilliant and very brave.
Altogether now 1 2 3 4 We’ve got Stephen Taylor ........
Steven Taylor has almost attained legendary status quicker than any other Posh player I can think of!
Very much so. Legends are created on nights like this.

Organises, rouses, scores, heads while on the floor, sweeps snow, wins, fist bumps.

And never looks like he has an ounce of malice in him. Obviously repsected by opponents too.

Absolute legend.

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by gazwilwah » 28 Feb 2018, 18:06

McCann was let down by his players, late goals and out of form strikers, its a very fine line and with a bit more luck he would still be there, what makes me think we'll be calling for Evans to go in the not to distant future? hmmm maybe because thats what always happens at Posh.

Ceenitall
Posts: 1207
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by Ceenitall » 28 Feb 2018, 18:09

gazwilwah wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:06
McCann was let down by his players, late goals and out of form strikers, its a very fine line and with a bit more luck he would still be there, what makes me think we'll be calling for Evans to go in the not to distant future? hmmm maybe because thats what always happens at Posh.
McCann could not manage. Full stop.

ontheup
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 13:05

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by ontheup » 28 Feb 2018, 18:30

I suspect this maybe Evans last post as a Manager, look out for Fry's replacement in a few months time. !!!!

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5136
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 18:54

Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.

superposh80
Posts: 5419
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by superposh80 » 28 Feb 2018, 21:16

Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:54
Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.
They'll be the same ones that still haven't got over Ferguson.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15871
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by DaveLister » 28 Feb 2018, 21:32

Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:54
Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.
Around about the time of the transfer window a lot of that love came from you, didn't it?
Image

gazwilwah
Posts: 72
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:10

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by gazwilwah » 28 Feb 2018, 22:16

Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:54
Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.
He wasn't poor at the start of the season, the team we're on fire. At what point do we start blaming the players? In my job if the employees are not doing a good job they get fired not the manager. Many of the top managers did nothing in their first few seasons including Alex Ferguson, its not about loving McCann its about how many flippin managers are we going to get through? The players ARE good enough, they're just not doing their jobs. Some shocking errors has cost us many points, what can any manager do about that?

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by tonyp » 28 Feb 2018, 23:02

gazwilwah wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 22:16
Some shocking errors has cost us many points, what can any manager do about that?
Can't do anything about the past but we're about to find out about the future.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18980
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by tonyp » 28 Feb 2018, 23:07

Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:54
Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.
1963 Visit of Queen Elizabeth II to Australia
Sir Robert Memzies addressing the Queen:
All I ask you to remember in this country of yours is that every man, woman and child who even sees you with a passing glimpse as you go by will remember it, remember it with joy, remember it - in the words of the old 17th century poet who wrote those famous words, "I did but see her passing by and yet I love her till I die."
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15864
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by poshnipper » 28 Feb 2018, 23:41

tonyp wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 23:07
Chompy wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 18:54
Why is there still so much McCann love around given how poor he was?

Baffling.
1963 Visit of Queen Elizabeth II to Australia
Sir Robert Memzies addressing the Queen:
All I ask you to remember in this country of yours is that every man, woman and child who even sees you with a passing glimpse as you go by will remember it, remember it with joy, remember it - in the words of the old 17th century poet who wrote those famous words, "I did but see her passing by and yet I love her till I die."
Tony! Have you been drinking? :mrgreen:

I’m one of those who haven’t got over McCann going. Took me months when Fergie Jnr went. I’m still sad Simon Rea went and don’t even get me started on losing Neeeeewts. .
BUT I will always get behind our Manager and support our Team. Like I already said, no one person is bigger than the POSH. Season ticket renewed last night. And I feel sorry for them that decide not to renew because of 1 man.

Bring it on. Let’s see what we can do now. KIP.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

superposh80
Posts: 5419
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by superposh80 » 01 Mar 2018, 00:01

Those not renewing their season tickets because of Steve Evans are quite frankly...Pathetic.

As for those tweeting their displeasure to Darragh regarding our new manager...They really need to take a good look at themselves....

They are the sort of "fans" that are just embarrassing the club.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Wycliffe and 4 guests