Posh v Walsall

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Posh v Walsall

Post by Chompy » 27 Feb 2018, 23:59

gazwilwah wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 23:52
Grant in time may have become a decent manager for us, this is the problem these days, people are not given a chance, it's just win at all costs.
Maybe he will but it's pretty doubtful don't you think?

We played better tonight on a carpet of snow than in any game since Villa.

As much as I'm a fan of Granty, the midfield seems better when he's not part of it. Thought Chrissy F and Doughty were good together tonight, albeit Walsall ultimately rolled to have their collective tummies tickled over as expected.

Grant was ultimately a disappointment, both as assistant manager and as manager. Can anyone really claim otherwise?
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

john316z

Post by john316z » 28 Feb 2018, 00:03

Credit where credits due Doughty had a decent game. MoM? No way. Taylor by a country mile....

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 01:17

Just seen the highlights. How the hell they thought that was Baldwin's goal! So obviously a flick from Taylor. Not even a slight deflection, it's flicked up into the top of the net.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 28 Feb 2018, 10:05

Surreal.
Even falling over on the way back to my car didn’t take the smile from my face.
Renewed my ST.
A Tuesday evening win. :clap:
Taylor sweeping the snow :clap: And Junior :clap:
The positivity appeared back on the terrace last night. Even the drummer was drumming.
So much to smile about.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

stuie

Post by stuie » 28 Feb 2018, 10:47

poshnipper wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 10:05
Surreal.
Renewed my ST.
The positivity appeared back on the terrace last night. Even the drummer was drumming.
So much to smile about.
I watched in the warmth, it was an enjoyable game, and yes a surreal experience, especially watching Taylor and Morias sweep the pitch

well done Posh and all the Poshies that made it to the game
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Feb 2018, 11:09

seeing the higlights I agree with Chompy definitely Taylor's goal
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 11:28

poshnipper wrote:
Surreal.
Renewed my ST.
So much to smile about.
Last night was fantastic. Had forgotten what it was like to actually enjoy the Posh experience.

Things had really got stagnant and bad under GM.

Thought DO let himself too, echoing the McCann-ism about how we'd been 'really close'.

We were a million miles away!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 28 Feb 2018, 11:37

Attachments
sweeping.jpg
sweeping.jpg (110.82 KiB) Viewed 358 times

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Feb 2018, 11:57

poshnipper wrote:
Surreal.
Renewed my ST.
So much to smile about.
Great post nipper. I watched it on iFollow and that was good but your comments sum it up perfectly.
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 28 Feb 2018, 12:11

Took me back to the 'good 'ol Days'...........thoroughly enjoyable and the crowd was actually all alive.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 12:29

poshnipper wrote:
Surreal.
Renewed my ST.
So much to smile about.
Even better and amusing about Taylor from this game, and an image that I will always treasure. (a bit like the 'goal' scored by Posh where the ball definitely went through the side netting, ended up in the goal net and the ref gave the goal! Anyone remember the forwards name?)
Steven Taylor was lying flat out on his belly in our area after a sustained Walsall attack. He somehow managed to stretch out his neck muscles, tortoise like, and head a stationary ball through the snow no further than about a foot and away from danger - probably his most important header all night! Not many will have noticed it unless they were in the London Road End, as he was masked from the rest of the stadium by a host of other players. Totally summed up the man's commitment to Posh. :clap: :clap:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

johnmiller

Post by johnmiller » 28 Feb 2018, 13:41

Saw that from the Glebe Road stand. Thought he lucky he didn’t get his head kicked in!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 28 Feb 2018, 13:42

ashman wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 12:29
poshnipper wrote:
Surreal.
Renewed my ST.
So much to smile about.
Even better and amusing about Taylor from this game, and an image that I will always treasure. (a bit like the 'goal' scored by Posh where the ball definitely went through the side netting, ended up in the goal net and the ref gave the goal! Anyone remember the forwards name?)
Steven Taylor was lying flat out on his belly in our area after a sustained Walsall attack. He somehow managed to stretch out his neck muscles, tortoise like, and head a stationary ball through the snow no further than about a foot and away from danger - probably his most important header all night! Not many will have noticed it unless they were in the London Road End, as he was masked from the rest of the stadium by a host of other players. Totally summed up the man's commitment to Posh. :clap: :clap:
Tony Cliss the scorer and I spoke to him last Saturday in the Lounge.................
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 28 Feb 2018, 14:04

ashman wrote:
Tortoise like :clap2: :clap2: Hard to describe but that’s exactly what is was. Brilliant and very brave.
Altogether now 1 2 3 4 We’ve got Stephen Taylor ........
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Feb 2018, 14:13

Brianposh wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 13:42
ashman wrote:

Steve Taylor was lying flat out on his belly on the ground in our area after a sustained Walsall attack. He somehow managed to stretch out his neck muscles, tortoise like, and head a stationary ball through the snow no further than about a foot and away from danger - probably his most important header all night! Not many will have noticed it unless they were in the London Road End, as he was masked from the rest of the stadium by a host of other players. Totally summed up the man's commitment to Posh. :clap: :clap:
Tony Cliss the scorer and I spoke to him last Saturday in the Lounge.................
Thanks Brian. Truly amazing scenario from the Posh past!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'