Tommy Robson 50th Anniversary Celebrations

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: Tommy Robson 50th Anniversary Celebrations

Post by Wycliffe » 15 Feb 2018, 22:34

Had a good meet up tonight with some mates of Tommy about plans going forward.
Few events in mind which will be aimed at everyone who would like to support them.

Obviously more details as soon as they are more looked into.

If anyone has any ideas please PM me especially if you want to organise something yourself :wink:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 04 Mar 2018, 11:54

Just run a few ideas we have had after an initial meet up.

Evening functions with guest speakers, Tommy has plenty of contacts at Chelsea and Newcastle so ex players who for a certain generation (ie us oldies) actually mean something with possibly an entertainer too and 3 course meal.
These would be aimed at businesses to a degree or those individuals happy and able to pay a premium.

Same type of thing but at a much more affordable price for Joe POSH at somewhere like The Fleet/Exec etc.

An evening at The Greyhounds, these can be thoroughly enjoyable nights and of course hundreds of people can attend.

Golf Day without treading on FreeKicks and PUFC who have their own.

Eventually it is looking good for Tommy to be granted a benefit match at The London Road stadium he graced for so long, date tbc and these things are not cheap to put on as well as taking a lot of hard work to jack up.

A few people have come to me with other off the wall ideas that are being looked at but by all means if any of you want to contribute (and organise) you'll get all the support from the committee.

Fire away.

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 11 Mar 2018, 03:15

Remember going into Hillards with my mum and bumping into Tommy and Ricky Heppolette, got his autograph and Rickys and they were so nice, made a young Posh fan very happy.