Re: Gillingham v Posh

Post by superposh80 » 09 Feb 2018, 19:18

Wycliffe wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 17:24
superposh80 wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 17:17
Wycliffe wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 16:36

Yet he was totally at fault for the goal (not disagreeing he had a decent match)

MM was ok, doesn't mean he was (yet again) off form and this has been accepted by those who can barely normally accept he hasn't been brilliant.

As I said he will really have to sort himself out, 6 games on the trot being not good enough according to my terrible maths is too much but he is important to us and tomorrow I hope we see the real MM on the pitch.

If so he will get all the credit he deserves which one hopes will calm down those who seem to take umbrage on his behalf when he doesn't get MoM
you want to hope maddison sorts himself out....because we only play well when he performs.

i've said before, he sums up the whole team...inconsistent, unpredictable, good, bad.

that's why our season will end at fratton park.
Or does he play well when the others perform?
Other way round....

How many goals would Marriott have scored without him?

john316z

Post by john316z » 09 Feb 2018, 21:48

superposh80 wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 17:17
Wycliffe wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 16:36
Brianposh wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 13:09
Fair comment, but apart from Hughes, please tell me who was any better than MM last week v Southend......there was not anyone. Nine players of 'grey bin' rubbish quality ?
Yet he was totally at fault for the goal (not disagreeing he had a decent match)

MM was ok, doesn't mean he was (yet again) off form and this has been accepted by those who can barely normally accept he hasn't been brilliant.

As I said he will really have to sort himself out, 6 games on the trot being not good enough according to my terrible maths is too much but he is important to us and tomorrow I hope we see the real MM on the pitch.

If so he will get all the credit he deserves which one hopes will calm down those who seem to take umbrage on his behalf when he doesn't get MoM
you want to hope maddison sorts himself out....because we only play well when he performs.

i've said before, he sums up the whole team...inconsistent, unpredictable, good, bad.

that's why our season will end at fratton park.
You really think we'll get in the top 2? :wink:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » 10 Feb 2018, 09:20

That starting 11 and formation against Southend was pretty much what we all would have gone for so we can have no complaints there.Despite the poor performance,I would stick with the formation at least,if not the players.There are too many players in this squad who turn their nose up at working hard for the whole game.IMO,that is why Posh have struggled for consistency.Forrester is on borrowed time now,he has had a year to find his old form but now peppers his game with appalling errors of judgement.The debate over MM continues but to me the facts are obvious.He is a talented,potential matchwinner in every game and he is also a lazy *******.Until GM can drill a work ethic into this lot,we will continue to be inconsistent.He should drop any player who does not buy into this.UTP

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Feb 2018, 09:23

phil adlam

Andy Davies is now the match official for Saturday's game at @TheGillsFC #pufc
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2018, 09:32

Lewis wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 09:20
That starting 11 and formation against Southend was pretty much what we all would have gone for so we can have no complaints there.Despite the poor performance,I would stick with the formation at least,if not the players.There are too many players in this squad who turn their nose up at working hard for the whole game.IMO,that is why Posh have struggled for consistency.Forrester is on borrowed time now,he has had a year to find his old form but now peppers his game with appalling errors of judgement.The debate over MM continues but to me the facts are obvious.He is a talented,potential matchwinner in every game and he is also a lazy *******.Until GM can drill a work ethic into this lot,we will continue to be inconsistent.He should drop any player who does not buy into this.UTP
All bar at least one who suggested Bogle should start on the bench, why start a player who was brought in as Plan B start. The idea was to start as usual and if it wasn't working to have the new boy come n and change things in a positive way. I think it may be too late to go to that at Gillingham but if fit I would prefer to start with Lloyd or Morias up front rather than Bogle, and if we are not on top or losing to then bring on Bogle.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

Lewis

Post by Lewis » 10 Feb 2018, 09:44

bristleposh wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 09:32
Lewis wrote:
All bar at least one who suggested Bogle should start on the bench, why start a player who was brought in as Plan B start. The idea was to start as usual and if it wasn't working to have the new boy come n and change things in a positive way. I think it may be too late to go to that at Gillingham but if fit I would prefer to start with Lloyd or Morias up front rather than Bogle, and if we are not on top or losing to then bring on Bogle.
Wouldn't disagree with that.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Feb 2018, 11:03

bristleposh wrote:
Lewis wrote:
The idea was to start as usual? Whose idea and how do you know?

Either way, extraordinary aftertiming.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 11:27

john316z wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 21:48

You really think we'll get in the top 2? :wink:
ha ha :clap:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Feb 2018, 11:29

Lewis wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 09:44
bristleposh wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Wouldn't disagree with that.
yep,never thought of it like that, makes sense :stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2018, 11:45

Chompy wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 11:03
bristleposh wrote:
Lewis wrote:
The idea was to start as usual? Whose idea and how do you know?

Either way, extraordinary aftertiming.
bristleposh wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 10:30

Just a thought, I know very little about Bogle other than he scored and got sent off against Bristol City, having cost Colin's team a result I wonder if he has played since. Probably a bit ring rusty in that case. Also I'm assuming he's not as good as Sanchez who didn't start in his first game at manure, I wonder like Cooper and Ward before him he may start on the bench, it wouldn't surprise me at least if Lloyd or Morias were to start, after all he can't have had much training with his new 'mates'
Which part of after timing was that in the Southend thread pre game
Because I believe

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 12:00

For those that have watched the team over the past couple of weeks....

Morias has been nowhere near match fitness...

Lloyd isn't fit enough to last much more than half a game....

McCann needed to freshen things up against Southend...which he did.

He just....like he so often does....got his formation and tactics wrong.

As...he so often does....admitted after the game

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 10 Feb 2018, 14:10

It is pointless supporting Posh while McCann is manager, he is full of Bovine Excrement......And, he is the cheap option.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Feb 2018, 15:05

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (157.96 KiB) Viewed 106 times
What on earth no left back three centre backs
Because I believe

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 10 Feb 2018, 15:07

Maddison injured.

Back to 3 centre backs with Shepherd and Ward wing backs....Hughes who's played well of late, dropped.

I don't like the look of this Grant....

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Feb 2018, 15:09

i have on idea what's going on here. Best guess is 4-4-2 with Baldwin at RB and Shep at LB.

SP could well be right though. Or maybe he's belatedly gone with tony's plan of no full-backs?

Where is tony btw?
Last edited by Chompy on 10 Feb 2018, 15:13, edited 2 times in total.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw