Post by john316z » 04 Feb 2018, 10:20

Ceenitall wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 23:03
bristleposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:44
Chompy wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:35
Nonsense.

There's plenty of ability in this squad.
In needs somebody capable to order them in a logical way, Cooper was awful by all accounts, perhaps it's because he's not a winger
McCann could not manage a whelk stall.
Do you have first hand experience of that as well? Know it all football manager, first class referee and now whelk stall seller extraordinaire. No start/end (delete as appropriate) to your talents

Chompy

Re: Posh v Southend

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 10:52

john316z wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 10:18
Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

There is but what drives our failure to deliver? That side yesterday should have destroyed Southend.....
100%. No question who's to blame. We can add yesterday's non-permormance to the list of games where McCann has failed to get his team out there ready/adequately motivated to do the job in hand.

Must be into double-figures for the season now on that front. This one, Oldham (A) and Gillingham (H) would be my three personal standouts.
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 04 Feb 2018, 10:57

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 01:17
Ceenitall wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:44

In needs somebody capable to order them in a logical way, Cooper was awful by all accounts, perhaps it's because he's not a winger
Look who's back. It's the non-Posh supporting Posh 'fan'. Guess we must have lost today?
May be the case, but does he not have a point. I thibk you were one of the people who said Cooper must start but he was one of many who had stinkers. Can forgive Bogle in his debut for being so.....ordinary as he only met his team mates a couple of days previously.

Alan Swanns love child MM looked lazy and contributed next to nothing (again) and though Jack did little either, one great chance apart how much did we create for him?

The midfield generally failed to match the physicality of our opponents and our defence is looking more wobbly with each game that passes, to the extent that many around me were even questioning the recent performances of Taylor who with his experience should surely be the glue that holds them all together?

Thought yesterday was a must win game, still do and though five points isnt insurmountable it's bloody worrying isn't it...dreadful 90 mins!

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 04 Feb 2018, 11:03

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 10:52
john316z wrote:
Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

There is but what drives our failure to deliver? That side yesterday should have destroyed Southend.....
100%. No question who's to blame. We can add yesterday's non-permormance to the list of games where McCann has failed to get his team out there ready/adequately motivated to do the job in hand.

Must be into double-figures for the season now on that front. This one, Oldham (A) and Gillingham (H) would be my three personal standouts.
Add Rochdale away....and Oxford at home for me.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 11:06

Bill. If the entire team fails to perform, there's only ever one man to blame isn't there?

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 04 Feb 2018, 11:08

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 10:52
john316z wrote:
Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

[/quot

Maybe last months transfer gossip in JM, MM and even DL has derailed their recent performances, bit of they did we nees them to concentrate in the rest of the season, especially if they want then to be rekindled in the summer.
Equally Bogle who has come here surely, with a point to prove to his paymaster's.

Yea ultimately GM is responsible for any motivation but, and I appreciate I may be a tad naive here, but players generally even if they play poorly can still put in a shift, still win, or at leat go in for every tackle, pass to players in blue and when they don't, whilst not wanting to stick up for GM aren't they equally culpable?

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 04 Feb 2018, 11:37

I don't think anybody wants to play for Big head McCann.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 04 Feb 2018, 14:44

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 11:06
Bill. If the entire team fails to perform, there's only ever one man to blame isn't there?

No I disagree. One man ultimately responsible for results but the players surely have to take some of the blame when so often this season they have seriously underperformed and worse, would imagine with the lack of effort some demonstrate in match day they could play another 45 mins quite comfortably.
Don't get me wrong am not sticking up for GM, his tactics would confuse any footballing academic just think some of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 14:56

Makes no sense to me.

Either the entire squad are at fault, or one man. It's that black and white imo.

He cannot get them motivated.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 04 Feb 2018, 16:48

bettingbill wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 10:57
Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 01:17
Ceenitall wrote:

Look who's back. It's the non-Posh supporting Posh 'fan'. Guess we must have lost today?
May be the case, but does he not have a point. I thibk you were one of the people who said Cooper must start but he was one of many who had stinkers. Can forgive Bogle in his debut for being so.....ordinary as he only met his team mates a couple of days previously.

Alan Swanns love child MM looked lazy and contributed next to nothing (again) and though Jack did little either, one great chance apart how much did we create for him?

The midfield generally failed to match the physicality of our opponents and our defence is looking more wobbly with each game that passes, to the extent that many around me were even questioning the recent performances of Taylor who with his experience should surely be the glue that holds them all together?

Thought yesterday was a must win game, still do and though five points isnt insurmountable it's bloody worrying isn't it...dreadful 90 mins!
'....MM looked lazy and contributed next to nothing....'
As I recall (I stand to be corrected), Maddison twice set up Marriott for one-on-one chances, one in each half, and both of Hughes' disallowed 'goals' came from Maddison crosses. If Marriott and Hughes had managed their chances better, we might be talking about Maddison's 'four-assist day'.'

john316z

Post by john316z » 04 Feb 2018, 17:09

JohnC wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 16:48
'....MM looked lazy and contributed next to nothing....'
As I recall (I stand to be corrected), Maddison twice set up Marriott for one-on-one chances, one in each half, and both of Hughes' disallowed 'goals' came from Maddison crosses. If Marriott and Hughes had managed their chances better, we might be talking about Maddison's 'four-assist day'.'
Trouble is though John for all his magnificence with assists and ability to turn games, he is without doubt the laziest player by far in our side. Yesterday he seemed petulant throughout the whole game and we should be entitled to expect much more from him.

It's laughable to criticise Hughes for yesterday as 1 of the chances he failed (in your happy place head) to manage was blatantly onside and the other one debatable but probably offside. marriott is a different story and I've commented on that in a different thread.

As long as Maddision remains lazy in between his often brilliance he'll remain our most prized asset that nobody wants

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 04 Feb 2018, 17:29

Maddison sums up the team really....Inconsistent and unpredictable.

Darragh....Who clearly isn't happy with his manager or his players....Will have some big decisions to make in the summer if things don't go to plan.

Maddison and Marriott will surely be sold....Although not for the multi millions that have been touted.

The big question though remains over McCann....Will he pull the trigger on a manager who hasn't delivered despite the chairman's financial backing and support?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 18:38

I'd give him two more games. If he loses both, I'd sack him.

Let the new guy have 14 games to either get a late run going, or start building for next season.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 04 Feb 2018, 19:02

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 18:38

Let the new guy have 14 games to either get a late run going, or start building for next season.
Listen who's taking notice of Ceenitall? I've been telling you lot about that clown McCann all season.

john316z

Post by john316z » 04 Feb 2018, 19:04

Ceenitall wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 19:02
Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 18:38

Listen who's taking notice of Ceenitall? I've been telling you lot about that clown McCann all season.
I don't get you at all.... You sound delighted with the position we are in? Posh fan or No. 1 troller?