Posh v Southend

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Posh v Southend

Post by Brianposh » 03 Feb 2018, 20:02

Big load of non-football rubbish. Hughes my Man of the Match,none of the others could pass the ball, control the ball, head the ball, kick the ball, run with ball, run without the ball, take free kicks, take corners, totally non-footballers. Taff and Taylor got two passes right between them all game.
Look out bottom six we are coming.
Joke of the Year,........................ 'the Fortress at the Abax Stadium'.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 03 Feb 2018, 20:48

Chompy wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 18:47
Stop trying to paper over the cracks tone. Just admit you don't know that much, it's less painful in the long run.
Like Chompy, I don't know that much.
Unlike Chompy, I don't think I'd be a better manager than McCann.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 03 Feb 2018, 20:50

Brianposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 20:02
Big load of non-football rubbish. Hughes my Man of the Match,none of the others could pass the ball, control the ball, head the ball, kick the ball, run with ball, run without the ball, take free kicks, take corners, totally non-footballers. Taff and Taylor got two passes right between them all game.
Brian's posts are always down to earth and honest.
Although disturbing, that is the best report on this game that I've read so far, on any board
Being happy never goes out of style

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 03 Feb 2018, 21:22

tonyp wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 20:50
Brianposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 20:02
Brian's posts are always down to earth and honest.
Although disturbing, that is the best report on this game that I've read so far, on any board
And the most honest from where I was sitting.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 03 Feb 2018, 21:35

Nonsense.

There's plenty of ability in this squad.
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Feb 2018, 21:44

Chompy wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:35
Nonsense.

In needs somebody capable to order them in a logical way, Cooper was awful by all accounts, perhaps it's because he's not a winger
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 03 Feb 2018, 23:03

bristleposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:44
Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

In needs somebody capable to order them in a logical way, Cooper was awful by all accounts, perhaps it's because he's not a winger
McCann could not manage a whelk stall.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Feb 2018, 23:57

It wasn't our day today and we wouldn't have scored had we played until the end of the weekend. In the end though we got what we deserved...Nothing.

Southend are a horrible dirty time wasting physical cynical team....but they out battled out fought and out thought a woeful Posh side.

Plenty of talent in our line up but we just didn't show up. I couldn't recall one player that did himself justice. Both Cooper and Bogle were very disappointing and Forrester is just not interested in any sort of battle.

We also witnessed one of the worst performances from match officials seen at London Road in years....but I wouldn't even want to use that as an excuse.

Darragh expects and isn't a happy bunny tonight. The pressure is starting to build on McCann....Who once again was outwitted by a clever manager in Powell....You can feel it.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 04 Feb 2018, 00:00

Can only agree with the comments of others. Little service for Bogle or Marriott, though Bogle did go close with a header and Marriott I'd have backed all day to score when he was through but he hits it at the keeper.

Midfield was awful. We allowed an albeit well set up Southend team to dominate us and the above appraisal is about all I can recall us creating in 90 mins.

Bit of new manager syndrome for Southend I think, but fair play to Powell for not letting us play. Not a fun game to watch tbh.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 01:06

New manager syndrome is way overhyped.

We've been lucky with catching teams at a good time this season and have screwed it up time and again.

To countebalance the new manager theory, today we played a team who hadn't won away since before the clocks went back!
Last edited by Chompy on 04 Feb 2018, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Feb 2018, 01:17

Ceenitall wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 23:03
bristleposh wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 21:44
Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

McCann could not manage a whelk stall.
Look who's back. It's the non-Posh supporting Posh 'fan'. Guess we must have lost today?

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 04 Feb 2018, 02:14

Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 01:06

We've been lucky with catching teams at a good time this season and have screwed it up time and again.

To countebalance the new manager theory, today we played a team who hadn't won away since before the clocks went back!
Southend plainly played to impress a new manager. They worked very hard to stop us playing, knowing that if Marriott had chances the law of everages said he'd score. So they cut off the supply lines to him and Bogle, and Powell will be chuffed that they achieved this.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Feb 2018, 09:37

DaveLister wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 02:14
Chompy wrote:
04 Feb 2018, 01:06

Southend plainly played to impress a new manager. They worked very hard to stop us playing, knowing that if Marriott had chances the law of everages said he'd score. So they cut off the supply lines to him and Bogle, and Powell will be chuffed that they achieved this.
I always liked Dame Edna
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z

Post by john316z » 04 Feb 2018, 10:16

superposh80 wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 23:57
It wasn't our day today and we wouldn't have scored had we played until the end of the weekend. In the end though we got what we deserved...Nothing.

Southend are a horrible dirty time wasting physical cynical team....but they out battled out fought and out thought a woeful Posh side.

Plenty of talent in our line up but we just didn't show up. I couldn't recall one player that did himself justice. Both Cooper and Bogle were very disappointing and Forrester is just not interested in any sort of battle.

We also witnessed one of the worst performances from match officials seen at London Road in years....but I wouldn't even want to use that as an excuse.

Darragh expects and isn't a happy bunny tonight. The pressure is starting to build on McCann....Who once again was outwitted by a clever manager in Powell....You can feel it.
Spot on. More games like yesterday and McCann will be looking over his shoulder....

Hopefully this post to one of your comments doesn't magically disappear.... again!

john316z

Post by john316z » 04 Feb 2018, 10:18

Chompy wrote:
Nonsense.

There is but what drives our failure to deliver? That side yesterday should have destroyed Southend.....