Posh v Southend

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Southend

Post by bristleposh » 05 Feb 2018, 23:44

JohnC wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 23:09

Fair enough; if Hughes' first effort was not offside, I suppose we'll be getting a formal apology along the lines of what what happened after Morias' 'goal' at Walsall was disallowed. In the ground, but not in line, I thought Hughes was onside for the first. I thought Southend's Yearwood should have been sent off. I thought Shephard should have been sent off in the first couple of minutes against Oldham. And so on. i thought Maddison was our most effective forward player, and I believe that post-match recriminations shouldn't start with, or focus on him. I feel that to sum up his contribution as '4 crosses in 100 minutes of football' is unfair, not least because it's almost certainly inaccurate. If Doughty were to replace Forrester, I suppose the manager could always sit Maddison in favour of a game-changer like.... er.... LDSL or Anderson.
Hello Marcus nice of you to make a contribution to the board
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Feb 2018, 01:13

bristleposh wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 23:44
JohnC wrote:

Fair enough; if Hughes' first effort was not offside, I suppose we'll be getting a formal apology along the lines of what what happened after Morias' 'goal' at Walsall was disallowed. In the ground, but not in line, I thought Hughes was onside for the first. I thought Southend's Yearwood should have been sent off. I thought Shephard should have been sent off in the first couple of minutes against Oldham. And so on. i thought Maddison was our most effective forward player, and I believe that post-match recriminations shouldn't start with, or focus on him. I feel that to sum up his contribution as '4 crosses in 100 minutes of football' is unfair, not least because it's almost certainly inaccurate. If Doughty were to replace Forrester, I suppose the manager could always sit Maddison in favour of a game-changer like.... er.... LDSL or Anderson.
You just can't resist with your sarcasm can you! John C is spot on. Marcus was by far our most effective player.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 06 Feb 2018, 06:40

Maddison could easily have had a couple more assists to his name....despite being well below his best.

Maybe they didn't show that on the radio.....

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Feb 2018, 09:25

superposh80 wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 06:40
Maddison could easily have had a couple more assists to his name....despite being well below his best.

Maybe they didn't show that on the radio.....
Bandwagon jumping,
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 06 Feb 2018, 10:26

3 parts of you lot on here have no idea what you are looking at when yo go to a match, you rely on the words of the lunatic McCann to tell you.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 06 Feb 2018, 10:29

^

Obsession.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 06 Feb 2018, 11:21

Come on Ceenitall, what is the back story here?

There's more to this than a 'fan' simply not liking the current manager.

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh » 06 Feb 2018, 11:53

ashman wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 01:13
bristleposh wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 23:44
JohnC wrote:

You just can't resist with your sarcasm can you! John C is spot on. Marcus was by far our most effective player.
Yes going forward but what about the team ethic and tracking back. Shephard was so exposed on numerous occasions when Maddison was on his flank. To see him ambling back waiting for the defence to clear it upfield when we all needed to pull together at 0-1 down was pretty pathetic to be honest (unless he's been told to by GM). I was stood about 5 or 6 metres from you Ashman so could probably see about the same activity as your good self.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 06 Feb 2018, 12:40

Chompy wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 11:21
Come on Ceenitall, what is the back story here?

There's more to this than a 'fan' simply not liking the current manager.
Exactly, it's a fan knowing what he's looking at, half of you are told by someone else what you've been watching.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 Feb 2018, 13:24

Shepherd was his own worst enemy. He continually wandered into the middle of the pitch instead of keeping to his proper position. His worst game for Posh since he came back. Maddison had a poorish game for sure, but still contributed far more than nine others.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 06 Feb 2018, 14:14

I have solved my problem, I have changed clubs, I now follow Farcet Reserves....Better manager.

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Feb 2018, 14:36

Ceenitall wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 14:14
I have solved my problem, I have changed clubs, I now follow Farcet Reserves....Better manager.
Excellent choice. You can now be told by the Farcet Reserves manager what you've been watching. :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 06 Feb 2018, 18:15

What is Mc Cann's excuse for losing to every side deemed inferior to his? Oh, I forgot, it's the officials.

johnmiller

Post by johnmiller » 06 Feb 2018, 18:28

In his post match interview he said we weren’t good enough - he didn’t blame the defeat on the officials.

Why all the criticism? Maddison created two goals both well taken by Hughesy. One was onside, one I’m not sure. Is creating several good chances a game not good enough for you, even when you’re not on top form?

Can’t you go and troll on Morrow Reserves now, or whatever your new team is...

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 06 Feb 2018, 18:34

johnmiller wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 18:28
In his post match interview he said we weren’t good enough - he didn’t blame the defeat on the officials.

Why all the criticism? Maddison created two goals both well taken by Hughesy. One was onside, one I’m not sure. Is creating several good chances a game not good enough for you, even when you’re not on top form?

Can’t you go and troll on Morrow Reserves now, or whatever your new team is...
If you're happy with McCann then you are easily pleased.....or have no idea what you're looking at.