Scenario 1: Sell playing assets to buy ground
56%
Scenario 2: Keep players and add to assets for promotion
44%

Total votes: 9

ashman

DMac's Dilemma

Post by ashman » 25 Jan 2018, 09:00

Who would want to be DMac? I know that Posh, to him, is very much his way of enjoying his money but he also wants to do what's best for the club and the supporters, despite what some people think.

It appears that he has got two ways of playing the situation this season.

Scenario 1: He, more than anyone, would want to get the ground bought from the council and also achieve promotion. However if he sells his playing assets and puts himself in a good enough financial situation to buy the club, then he is almost invariably going to miss out on a place in the Championship.

Scenario 2: If he goes down the route of trying to get promotion above all else, then he will have to keep our playing assets and probably buy in some more top class players to get us at least into the playoffs and again gamble on winning the playoffs.

What do you reckon he will do? My take on it is that he will try to get some more recruits in this window and try to go all out to get promotion. I have this feeling that he may be seeing this season as a last ditch effort to advance the club again. He is after all a confirmed gambler. I reckon he is fed up with a club that is stagnating in the middle of League One year after year.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Re: DMac's Dilemma

Post by superposh80 » 25 Jan 2018, 11:23

It appears that the council don't want to sell him the ground...unless they receive a ridiculous offer, which he clearly isn't going to make.

He will need to keep plenty of money back anyway...because if we do get back into the Championship, it will cost him many millions to keep us there.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 25 Jan 2018, 12:16

superposh80 wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 11:23
It appears that the council don't want to sell him the ground...unless they receive a ridiculous offer, which he clearly isn't going to make.

He will need to keep plenty of money back anyway...because if we do get back into the Championship, it will cost him many millions to keep us there.
I don't know where you get all of your information from but it seems to me that it is just possible that the council are asking for a reasonable offer. DMac might be making an unreasonable offer. Who really knows?

As regards the Championship I really don't think we should worry about it this season especially if DMac does buy the ground. It's obvious he doesn't have the resources that many of us think he has.
Being happy never goes out of style

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Jan 2018, 17:58

The ground all day long for me, opens up numerous revenue streams to make the Club self sufficient for years to come. He’s always said owning the ground means cheaper admission prices leading to bigger crowds and therefore more revenue on match days for starters.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 25 Jan 2018, 18:30

Darragh has already stated he would forego promotion this Season if it meant the finalisation on the purchase of the Ground.
I can wait another year or two after my long wait so far since 1951. If and when we go up next time, we MUST then stay up.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

White G

Post by White G » 17 Mar 2018, 22:12

HantsPosh wrote:
25 Jan 2018, 17:58
The ground all day long for me, opens up numerous revenue streams to make the Club self sufficient for years to come. He’s always said owning the ground means cheaper admission prices leading to bigger crowds and therefore more revenue on match days for starters.
That and long-term stability. It's a stupid question really, it's a bit like getting inherit money and either paying off your mortgage or blowing it on flash cars & holidays. A season or two in the Championship would be great but solidifying our future should come 1st.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Mar 2018, 00:02

we must have lost today I see white g is back
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761