Will struggle if Marriott leaves

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Re: Will struggle if Marriott leaves

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Jan 2018, 12:25

Chompy wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 10:18
Didn't he say it was a 'standard' sell-on percentage? 20% sounds awfully high to me.
Wycliffe wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 08:22
There is one question that has not been asked yet and is frankly the most important.

Who on earth is Will?

:?
Apparently weak humour isn't the sole preserve of bristleposh after all.
Yeah i know but I was getting bored with all the pontificating going on about something that may or may not happen about another player.
read exactly the same about MM.

In years before the same about the holy trinity.

If the net existed messrs Emery and Bly would have been the subjects

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Jan 2018, 13:42

Chompy wrote:
Didn't he say it was a 'standard' sell-on percentage? 20% sounds awfully high to me.
Wycliffe wrote:
There is one question that has not been asked yet and is frankly the most important.

Who on earth is Will?

mine happens to be 7 day humour
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 26 Jan 2018, 18:12

Thought at least one of MM or JM would leave this month but now as the clock ticks away have. changed my mind as surely there would be so little time to invest any fee,more so with Marriot.
Am not even sure who we would miss most either, Would have said MM Nov and Dec but he has not been the same this month and who knows, maybe transfer tittle tattle has got into his head whereas Marriot withrot having blinding games still keeps on scoring which at any level is pricless and with Iunior still way off the pace (did he come back too soon BTW) Lloyd for all his goals looking more a wide player, Kanu not ready and Miller waiting for a move, if Marriot leftist would be disastrous.
Saying all that if any club did offer £5M+ can anyone really blame the Chairmanif he sold him, commercially he would surely have to

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 26 Jan 2018, 19:43

Still plenty of time for selling................and buying.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 26 Jan 2018, 19:59

My feeling is that, if JM is still a Posh player come Tuesday evening, then he'll be staying.

It'll be too much of a rush job if he goes on Deadline Day won't it? But who knows, there's no way we're having a blank one on Wednesday while DMac is in charge, whether it's Jack or someone else.
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Jan 2018, 21:35

Chompy wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 19:59
My feeling is that, if JM is still a Posh player come Tuesday evening, then he'll be staying.

It'll be too much of a rush job if he goes on Deadline Day won't it? But who knows, there's no way we're having a blank one on Wednesday while DMac is in charge, whether it's Jack or someone else.
It really does not matter to the buying club if a purchase leaves us in the lurch though.
Fact is, if either player (more likely to be Jack) is really wanted and the money is crazy bearing in mind what we paid for him + what we will have to give Luton he will go.
It may not even because in some eyes we 'always sell/have no ambition/chairman is greedy or whatever crap is spoken , the truth is the player MUST be given the opportunity to progress as a professional footballer and also as a husband and father to make his family as comfortable as he can.

It is, whether we like it or not no different whatsoever to any of us accepting a job with another company for a massive increase in salary or job prospects.

This is why all this conjecture is a waste of time.....he says joining in. :D

john316z

Post by john316z » 26 Jan 2018, 22:01

bristleposh wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 13:42
Chompy wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

Who on earth is Will?

mine happens to be 7 day humour
How long is it since that ran out? :wink:

john316z

Post by john316z » 26 Jan 2018, 22:06

Wycliffe wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 21:35
Chompy wrote:

It really does not matter to the buying club if a purchase leaves us in the lurch though.
Fact is, if either player (more likely to be Jack) is really wanted and the money is crazy bearing in mind what we paid for him + what we will have to give Luton he will go.
It may not even because in some eyes we 'always sell/have no ambition/chairman is greedy or whatever crap is spoken , the truth is the player MUST be given the opportunity to progress as a professional footballer and also as a husband and father to make his family as comfortable as he can.

It is, whether we like it or not no different whatsoever to any of us accepting a job with another company for a massive increase in salary or job prospects.

I reckon DMac learnt the hard way from Tomlin's pram that stopping a player going was a bad move, plus he's always said they try not to stand in anyone's way. Tbh we'll struggle to replace anyone like Jack on deadline day, or maybe, any day without derailing what's left of our chances this season. That said we've helped been a springboard to higher levels for Jack (why he wasn't 1st choice at Luton is beyond me) and lots of money in the bank.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Jan 2018, 22:13

john316z wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 22:06
Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:

I reckon DMac learnt the hard way from Tomlin's pram that stopping a player going was a bad move, plus he's always said they try not to stand in anyone's way. Tbh we'll struggle to replace anyone like Jack on deadline day, or maybe, any day without derailing what's left of our chances this season. That said we've helped been a springboard to higher levels for Jack (why he wasn't 1st choice at Luton is beyond me) and lots of money in the bank.
Yep, agreed

stuie

Post by stuie » 26 Jan 2018, 23:10

Wycliffe wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 22:13
john316z wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

Yep, agreed
yep agreed
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Jan 2018, 23:53

stuie wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 23:10
Wycliffe wrote:
26 Jan 2018, 22:13
john316z wrote:

Yep, agreed
yep agreed
yep agreed
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 27 Jan 2018, 00:44

Crikey, 3 people have agreed with me.... I must be going soft! :shock:

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 27 Jan 2018, 01:14

Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of conjecture. It's January and it's what the window is all about. You know enough about the club and the game to think about these things, that much is obvious.
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 27 Jan 2018, 09:56

john316z wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 00:44
Crikey, 3 people have agreed with me.... I must be going soft! :shock:
You're getting there John. ...

You'll be meeting up with Nipper and co for half a dozen pre match stella's before you know it.

john316z

Post by john316z » 27 Jan 2018, 10:24

:D I said soft not an alcoholic! Although Stella doesn't really count as alcohol