Keith Squires

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15911
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Keith Squires

Post by DaveLister » 23 Jan 2018, 11:01

Any Whittlesey based Posh fans and London Road enders may remember my father, Keith Squires, who passed away on Saturday morning.

Dad was a Posh fan since the mid 1950s, and was a first aider at London Road for some ten years until about nine years ago. He first took me to Posh against Manchester City in 1981, and we stood either in the London Road or London Road Enclosure until they put the seats in there.

More recently we had sat in the motorpoint stand, dads illness meant he couldn't stand for two hours, but a little thing like that wouldn't keep him away.

George Boyd may never know this, but dad always said after that goal he scored against Wrexham at London Road years ago he was the closest thing he'd seen to Dennis Emery in 50 years. So many happy memories at London Road.
Image

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27031
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Keith Squires

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jan 2018, 11:12

Our thoughts are with you and your family Barry R.I.P.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9128
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Keith Squires

Post by Brianposh » 23 Jan 2018, 11:13

DaveLister wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 11:01
Any Whittlesey based Posh fans and London Road enders may remember my father, Keith Squires, who passed away on Saturday morning.

Dad was a Posh fan since the mid 1950s, and was a first aider at London Road for some ten years until about nine years ago. He first took me to Posh against Manchester City in 1981, and we stood either in the London Road or London Road Enclosure until they put the seats in there.

More recently we had sat in the motorpoint stand, dads illness meant he couldn't stand for two hours, but a little thing like that wouldn't keep him away.

George Boyd may never know this, but dad always said after that goal he scored against Wrexham at London Road years ago he was the closest thing he'd seen to Dennis Emery in 50 years. So many happy memories at London Road.
Your Dad was so, so right. A good faithful fan methinks. R.I.P.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Keith Squires

Post by tonyp » 23 Jan 2018, 11:28

Brianposh wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 11:13
Your Dad was so, so right. A good faithful fan methinks. R.I.P.
Agreed. RIP your Dad DaveLister.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16526
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Keith Squires

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2018, 13:22

So sorry to hear of your sad news mate. I'm sure that your dad will be watching tonight to see us beat Lincoln and progress even further.
RIP Keith Squires.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15911
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Keith Squires

Post by DaveLister » 23 Jan 2018, 13:35

ashman wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 13:22
So sorry to hear of your sad news mate. I'm sure that your dad will be watching tonight to see us beat Lincoln and progress even further.
RIP Keith Squires.
He'd feel we owe them one after the last time he and I went to Sincil Bank in the 90s, and we got stuffed 3-1!!
Image

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15872
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: Keith Squires

Post by poshnipper » 23 Jan 2018, 13:41

Always hard to lose your Dad. Happy memories for you though.
RIP
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16526
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Keith Squires

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2018, 13:41

DaveLister wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 13:35
ashman wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 13:22
So sorry to hear of your sad news mate. I'm sure that your dad will be watching tonight to see us beat Lincoln and progress even further.
RIP Keith Squires.
He'd feel we owe them one after the last time he and I went to Sincil Bank in the 90s, and we got stuffed 3-1!!
Come on Posh. Do it for Keith and Son! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15402
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Keith Squires

Post by stuie » 23 Jan 2018, 15:26

sorry to hear about the loss of your Father,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests