FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26594
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jan 2018, 18:42

True, perhaps they're better at it than us
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9005
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Brianposh » 28 Jan 2018, 20:51

Anyone know where/what the Posh players went/did yesterday on their day off ??
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15764
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by DaveLister » 28 Jan 2018, 21:13

Brianposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 20:51
Anyone know where/what the Posh players went/did yesterday on their day off ??
Unconfirmed rumours that Lopes was seen at London Road.
Image

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26594
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jan 2018, 21:24

Brianposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 20:51
Anyone know where/what the Posh players went/did yesterday on their day off ??
Do you mean on Saturday, I assume that was their day off.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

john316z
Posts: 1804
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by john316z » 28 Jan 2018, 22:04

Yeah I'm really shocked we were turned by Leicester of the Premier league. I'll say that again THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Even the deep rooted bluest of Posh spec supporters must have realised that we are no Barcelona!

john316z
Posts: 1804
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by john316z » 28 Jan 2018, 22:05

DaveLister wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 21:13
Brianposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 20:51
Anyone know where/what the Posh players went/did yesterday on their day off ??
Unconfirmed rumours that Lopes was seen at London Road.
Did you bother going? He was a long way off being the worst on the pitch.... created some great chances for Marcus to lump in some poor crosses

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9005
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Brianposh » 28 Jan 2018, 23:37

john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:05
DaveLister wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 21:13
Brianposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 20:51
Anyone know where/what the Posh players went/did yesterday on their day off ??
Unconfirmed rumours that Lopes was seen at London Road.
Did you bother going? He was a long way off being the worst on the pitch.... created some great chances for Marcus to lump in some poor crosses
Who was?
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

john316z
Posts: 1804
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by john316z » 29 Jan 2018, 09:15

Brianposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 23:37
john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:05
DaveLister wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 21:13


Unconfirmed rumours that Lopes was seen at London Road.
Did you bother going? He was a long way off being the worst on the pitch.... created some great chances for Marcus to lump in some poor crosses
Who was?
Leo

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4809
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Chompy » 29 Jan 2018, 11:42

Leo who?
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15181
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 29 Jan 2018, 12:45

john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:04
Yeah I'm really shocked we were turned by Leicester of the Premier league. I'll say that again THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Even the deep rooted bluest of Posh spec supporters must have realised that we are no Barcelona!
yep :stupid: , just a shame it was all over in 10 minutes
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16298
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2018, 12:47

stuie wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:45
john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:04
Yeah I'm really shocked we were turned by Leicester of the Premier league. I'll say that again THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Even the deep rooted bluest of Posh spec supporters must have realised that we are no Barcelona!
yep :stupid: , just a shame it was all over in 10 minutes
True stuie. We move on to Southend on Saturday and hopefully we will not see a collapse like we did last year after the defeat at Chelsea in the FA Cup round 4. Back to playing at our level.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15181
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 29 Jan 2018, 12:53

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:47
stuie wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:45
john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:04
Yeah I'm really shocked we were turned by Leicester of the Premier league. I'll say that again THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Even the deep rooted bluest of Posh spec supporters must have realised that we are no Barcelona!
yep :stupid: , just a shame it was all over in 10 minutes
True stuie. We move on to Southend on Saturday and hopefully we will not see a collapse like we did last year after the defeat ay Chelsea in the FA Cup round 4. Back to playing at our level.
yep, spot on :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 5156
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by superposh80 » 29 Jan 2018, 12:57

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:47
stuie wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:45
john316z wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:04
Yeah I'm really shocked we were turned by Leicester of the Premier league. I'll say that again THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Even the deep rooted bluest of Posh spec supporters must have realised that we are no Barcelona!
yep :stupid: , just a shame it was all over in 10 minutes
True stuie. We move on to Southend on Saturday and hopefully we will not see a collapse like we did last year after the defeat ay Chelsea in the FA Cup round 4. Back to playing at our level.
...And the year before following the West Brom replay.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16298
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by ashman » 29 Jan 2018, 13:07

superposh80 wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:57
ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:47
stuie wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:45


yep :stupid: , just a shame it was all over in 10 minutes
True stuie. We move on to Southend on Saturday and hopefully we will not see a collapse like we did last year after the defeat ay Chelsea in the FA Cup round 4. Back to playing at our level.
...And the year before following the West Brom replay.
Yup. Hopefully history WON'T repeat itself! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Steamy Nin
Posts: 48
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Steamy Nin » 29 Jan 2018, 13:52

ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 13:07
superposh80 wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:57
ashman wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 12:47

True stuie. We move on to Southend on Saturday and hopefully we will not see a collapse like we did last year after the defeat ay Chelsea in the FA Cup round 4. Back to playing at our level.
...And the year before following the West Brom replay.
Yup. Hopefully history WON'T repeat itself! :comeon:
Let's hope for a repeat of 2011 though, thumped 6-2 at Fulham in the 3rd round and went on to win the play offs.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests