FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Fourth round?

Post by tonyp » 27 Jan 2018, 23:26

tonyp wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 14:55
stuie wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 20:40
bristleposh wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 20:34
Hopefully Leicester will get through, local derby and a chance of our first win against a premier league side.
yes and yes
yes and no.

Looks as though your on your own with the local derby bit, Nick.
It wasn't a local derby.
Pity Fleetwood didn't get through. We might have have won.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by tonyp » 27 Jan 2018, 23:29

Lewis wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 21:25
Hopefully,this result and performance will not affect morale heading into the sharp end of the season.It will be GM's job to make sure that doesn't happen.Regarding today,let's face it,Posh were embarrassingly bad.What on earth were Shepherd and Forrester doing with those errors for the first two goals? We all make mistakes but this was rabbits in headlights stuff.I was really looking forward to this game and we threw it away in ten minutes.Of course,it is not the end of the world and,cliché though it is,the league is by far our biggest priority.We live to fight another day.
UTP.
Well said Lewis.
We just have to put this performance behind us.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by tonyp » 27 Jan 2018, 23:37

superposh80 wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 18:26
Let's face it....Apart from making a few bob, the whole day has been a disaster.

We had a chance to win over the locals and show TV viewers what we can do...Instead we've just embarrassed ourselves.

Well done lads :clap2:
Unfortunately I have to agree with that.
I even ran out of Bundy.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by tonyp » 28 Jan 2018, 00:59

Not all lower league clubs get beaten by Premier League teams.
Newport County 1-1 Tottenham
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round

Post by tonyp » 28 Jan 2018, 01:01

ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:04
So who do you fancy and who do you reckon it will be?
Arsenal away, but I see that West Brom are through to the next round :shock:
dunc wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:11
Probably West Brom again!
Otherwise a chance for revenge against the MK Dons!
My choice would be Liverpool or either Manchester club away.
Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:19
Liverpool away please
West Brom beat Liverpool. Another surprise result.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by tonyp » 28 Jan 2018, 01:13

Brief instant reactions on the Vital Leicester site
Peterborough manager Grant McCann explained.

'It killed the game - when you're playing against a team of Leicester's quality and for us to gift them two goals in the first 10 minutes is heartbreaking really. We could've done a lot more in the first half - we were poor and probably lucky to come out 3-0. We gave a better account of ourselves in the second half, I think you saw glimpses of what we can do but disappointing for them to get a couple of goals when they didn't really test us too much.'
Being happy never goes out of style

bettingbill
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by bettingbill » 28 Jan 2018, 08:55

tonyp wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 00:59
Not all lower league clubs get beaten by Premier League teams.
Newport County 1-1 Tottenham
Juat watched the highlights my God didn't Newport put in a shift. Shows what can be done wirh collective application, I thought they were superb and against a Spurs team that on paper looked a far stronger team than the Leicester eleven , with 7,8 first team players.
Oh well little point bemoaning any more though am.still gutted

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 5258
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Poshay » 28 Jan 2018, 09:04

bettingbill wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 08:55
tonyp wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 00:59
Not all lower league clubs get beaten by Premier League teams.
Newport County 1-1 Tottenham
Juat watched the highlights my God didn't Newport put in a shift. Shows what can be done wirh collective application, I thought they were superb and against a Spurs team that on paper looked a far stronger team than the Leicester eleven , with 7,8 first team players.
Oh well little point bemoaning any more though am.still gutted
And ex Poshie Jo Day played a blinder.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

User avatar
Chenza
Posts: 696
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:23
Location: Everywhere

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Chenza » 28 Jan 2018, 11:18

On a brighter note at least George Cooper will be back next game hopefully instead of lopes
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18699
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Fourth round?

Post by tonyp » 28 Jan 2018, 11:28

ashman wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:44
Brianposh wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:36
Only ever had one real 'DERBY' game.............v 'Cobblers.'
Agreed but ... that is looking again as if they may be going down a league at the end of the season. :D :shock:
Northampton have climbed out of the relegation zone with some good results recently.
Don't be surprised if they are here for a couple of local derbies next season.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15181
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 28 Jan 2018, 18:17

Chompy wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 16:47
It seems to have escaped the attention of many, including the large percentage of the home crowd who only turned up to moan and groan (drives me INSANE!) that we were playing a team who won the whole thing a couple of seaons ago?

We could have done what a lot of L1 and L2 teams do in this spot and stuck 11 behind the ball, but that's not in our DNA. We aren't Bradford. Fair enough we had an off-day, made individual mistakes, and got a thumping. Who cares? The result proves nothing. We're fine. I still think this squad would be relatively better off in the Championship than in L1.

It's not often we get to see players like Gray do their thing at our place, or refs of the calibre of Michael Oliver come to that, and it just showed the divide.

Shephard was fine and will be some player in a couple of seasons, Forrester, Grant and Lloyd were also OK, but we were completely outmatched overall.

Maddison will realise his limitations after that and is basically a flat-track bully. We saw here why he's yet to get his move higher. Jack didn't a lot to enhance his value either.

Peter Swann asked about Anthony Grant and his tendency to go missing in games! You couldn't make it up tbh.

Finally, how quickly everyone forgets Villa! If we achieve nowt else this season, we had that day at Villa Park.
spot on, lets remember Villa, and not beig outplayed by a premiership outfit, that recently won the prem.

it felt like last time we were in the championship, a couple of Posh mistakes, ban bang, game over
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15181
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by stuie » 28 Jan 2018, 18:20

Brianposh wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 17:19
We did not do the basics right, like passing to our teammates, make some movement now and then, just made simple mistakes(10 in first 6-8 minutes).
Played like schoolkids in a Sunday League match. Poor for all, but 20 minutes of the second half, when they took their foot off their game.No man of the Match for me.........not worthy.
Leicester were putting 9 10 and 11 passes I, Posh just hooved it
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26594
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jan 2018, 18:32

stuie wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:20
Brianposh wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 17:19
We did not do the basics right, like passing to our teammates, make some movement now and then, just made simple mistakes(10 in first 6-8 minutes).
Played like schoolkids in a Sunday League match. Poor for all, but 20 minutes of the second half, when they took their foot off their game.No man of the Match for me.........not worthy.
Leicester were putting 9 10 and 11 passes I, Posh just hooved it
Playing the Lincoln way :lol:
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16298
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by ashman » 28 Jan 2018, 18:35

stuie wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:17
Chompy wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 16:47
It seems to have escaped the attention of many, including the large percentage of the home crowd who only turned up to moan and groan (drives me INSANE!) that we were playing a team who won the whole thing a couple of seaons ago?
We could have done what a lot of L1 and L2 teams do in this spot and stuck 11 behind the ball, but that's not in our DNA. We aren't Bradford. Fair enough we had an off-day, made individual mistakes, and got a thumping. Who cares? The result proves nothing. We're fine. I still think this squad would be relatively better off in the Championship than in L1.
It's not often we get to see players like Gray do their thing at our place, or refs of the calibre of Michael Oliver come to that, and it just showed the divide.
Shephard was fine and will be some player in a couple of seasons, Forrester, Grant and Lloyd were also OK, but we were completely outmatched overall.
Maddison will realise his limitations after that and is basically a flat-track bully. We saw here why he's yet to get his move higher. Jack didn't a lot to enhance his value either.
Peter Swann asked about Anthony Grant and his tendency to go missing in games! You couldn't make it up tbh.
Finally, how quickly everyone forgets Villa! If we achieve nowt else this season, we had that day at Villa Park.
spot on, lets remember Villa, and not beig outplayed by a premiership outfit, that recently won the prem.
it felt like last time we were in the championship, a couple of Posh mistakes, ban bang, game over
Agree with both of these posts. I just hope that we have learnt from this time last year. We played Chelsea in round 4 and got well beaten. From that point on Forester suddenly became a nothing and the rest of the team followed. We then lost against Oldham, Bury, MK (awful) and Sheffield with further off defeats against Walsall, Southend, Millwall, Bradford, Oxford, Gillingham, Coventry, Fleetwood and finally Bolton on the last day of the season. Losing 13 games out of the last 22 really was a nail in the coffin! That was relegation form.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z
Posts: 1804
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Leicester matchday thread

Post by john316z » 28 Jan 2018, 18:38

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:32
stuie wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 18:20
Brianposh wrote:
27 Jan 2018, 17:19
We did not do the basics right, like passing to our teammates, make some movement now and then, just made simple mistakes(10 in first 6-8 minutes).
Played like schoolkids in a Sunday League match. Poor for all, but 20 minutes of the second half, when they took their foot off their game.No man of the Match for me.........not worthy.
Leicester were putting 9 10 and 11 passes I, Posh just hooved it
Playing the Lincoln way :lol:
Clearly not - we lost!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest