FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
dunc
Posts: 2040
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 01:40
Location: shropshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by dunc » 17 Jan 2018, 15:18

Premier League prize money, the overwhelming need to stay in the league and a majority of foreign managers in the top flight suggests that most teams put the F A cup near the bottom of their priorities - shame for all of us fans, but thats the way it goes now

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5230
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Chompy » 17 Jan 2018, 15:33

That's the way it is.

If the fans were that passionately opposed, things would eventually change, but they're not, and it's right just accepted.

This whole romance of the Cup nonsense if just funny these days. As is the fact that BBCa are turning over an entire evening schedule to a third round replay tonight. Beyond ridiculous. It's not 1985.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 19 Jan 2018, 14:35

looks like it is going to be a sell out, no more tickets available until Monday, giving season ticket holders first refusal on their tickets
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

boro til I die
Posts: 23
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:52

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by boro til I die » 23 Jan 2018, 19:49

I see that Leicester sold out of their full allocation today. I can still count 100 dots representing unsold seats in home areas on the interactive seating plan. Surely these single seats will go. Expecting a real cracker.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 23 Jan 2018, 19:57

boro til I die wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 19:49
I see that Leicester sold out of their full allocation today. I can still count 100 dots representing unsold seats in home areas on the interactive seating plan. Surely these single seats will go. Expecting a real cracker.
I really hope so, on all accounts
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16528
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by ashman » 24 Jan 2018, 16:55

Road closures in effect on Saturday:

Order 2018

NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of Peterborough has made an Order on 25 January 2018 under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The effect of this Order is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the roads listed below:

Bridge Street (between its junctions with Bourges Boulevard and Rivergate)
London Road (between its junctions with Fletton Avenue/Glebe Road and Rivergate)
Oundle Road (between its junctions with Cubitt Way and London Road)
East Station Road
Embankment Road
Hawksbill Way

There is no alternative route for vehicles affected by this Order.

Access will be maintained at all times for emergency vehicles to premises situated on the length of road that is the subject of this Order.

This Order will be operational from between 12:30 hrs to 16:00 hrs on Saturday 27 January 2018 only, and is for the purpose of facilitating crowd control for a 4th round Football match between Peterborough United and Leicester City. The Council is satisfied that the length of roads that are the subject of this Order are liable to be obstructed during the above times only.

For further information, please contact Natasha Clarke on 01733 452289
'Everybody needs to have a friend'


User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1481
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by PoshCynic » 24 Jan 2018, 20:27

ashman wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 16:55
Road closures in effect on Saturday:

Order 2018

NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of Peterborough has made an Order on 25 January 2018 under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The effect of this Order is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the roads listed below:

Bridge Street (between its junctions with Bourges Boulevard and Rivergate)
London Road (between its junctions with Fletton Avenue/Glebe Road and Rivergate)
Oundle Road (between its junctions with Cubitt Way and London Road)
East Station Road
Embankment Road
Hawksbill Way

There is no alternative route for vehicles affected by this Order.

Access will be maintained at all times for emergency vehicles to premises situated on the length of road that is the subject of this Order.

This Order will be operational from between 12:30 hrs to 16:00 hrs on Saturday 27 January 2018 only, and is for the purpose of facilitating crowd control for a 4th round Football match between Peterborough United and Leicester City. The Council is satisfied that the length of roads that are the subject of this Order are liable to be obstructed during the above times only.

For further information, please contact Natasha Clarke on 01733 452289
Ridiculous. Never been necessary before so why now? No doubt at the request or demand of the police. Should Posh reach the Championship again, will this become a regular feature?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 24 Jan 2018, 20:29

PoshCynic wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:27
ashman wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 16:55
Road closures in effect on Saturday:

Order 2018

NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of Peterborough has made an Order on 25 January 2018 under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The effect of this Order is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the roads listed below:

Bridge Street (between its junctions with Bourges Boulevard and Rivergate)
London Road (between its junctions with Fletton Avenue/Glebe Road and Rivergate)
Oundle Road (between its junctions with Cubitt Way and London Road)
East Station Road
Embankment Road
Hawksbill Way

There is no alternative route for vehicles affected by this Order.

Access will be maintained at all times for emergency vehicles to premises situated on the length of road that is the subject of this Order.

This Order will be operational from between 12:30 hrs to 16:00 hrs on Saturday 27 January 2018 only, and is for the purpose of facilitating crowd control for a 4th round Football match between Peterborough United and Leicester City. The Council is satisfied that the length of roads that are the subject of this Order are liable to be obstructed during the above times only.

For further information, please contact Natasha Clarke on 01733 452289
Ridiculous. Never been necessary before so why now? No doubt at the request or demand of the police. Should Posh reach the Championship again, will this become a regular feature?
welcome back, you are welcome on here, keep posting, and gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Wycliffe
Posts: 1295
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Jan 2018, 21:07

stuie wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:29
PoshCynic wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:27
ashman wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 16:55
Road closures in effect on Saturday:

Order 2018

NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the City of Peterborough has made an Order on 25 January 2018 under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The effect of this Order is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the roads listed below:

Bridge Street (between its junctions with Bourges Boulevard and Rivergate)
London Road (between its junctions with Fletton Avenue/Glebe Road and Rivergate)
Oundle Road (between its junctions with Cubitt Way and London Road)
East Station Road
Embankment Road
Hawksbill Way

There is no alternative route for vehicles affected by this Order.

Access will be maintained at all times for emergency vehicles to premises situated on the length of road that is the subject of this Order.

This Order will be operational from between 12:30 hrs to 16:00 hrs on Saturday 27 January 2018 only, and is for the purpose of facilitating crowd control for a 4th round Football match between Peterborough United and Leicester City. The Council is satisfied that the length of roads that are the subject of this Order are liable to be obstructed during the above times only.

For further information, please contact Natasha Clarke on 01733 452289
Ridiculous. Never been necessary before so why now? No doubt at the request or demand of the police. Should Posh reach the Championship again, will this become a regular feature?
welcome back, you are welcome on here, keep posting, and gpwm
Seems PCC jumped the gun.

This on the cambscop twitter

PT1: In relation to the FA Cup Road Closure update this evening. Please note, a closure will not be put in place. We have an Road Closure Order available to use should 14,000 people leaving Peterborough United this Saturday create a public safety issue with other road users.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15403
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by stuie » 24 Jan 2018, 21:28

27072310_1796482860363944_4120265323720045499_n.png
27072310_1796482860363944_4120265323720045499_n.png (122.61 KiB) Viewed 785 times
why dis everything the guy posts,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by tonyp » 24 Jan 2018, 23:35

PoshCynic wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:27
Ridiculous. Never been necessary before so why now? No doubt at the request or demand of the police. Should Posh reach the Championship again, will this become a regular feature?
IF Posh reach the Championship again you can rest assured that the home gates will not be the sell-outs that the Leicester game is expected to be.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by tonyp » 25 Jan 2018, 09:20

stuie wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 19:57
boro til I die wrote:
23 Jan 2018, 19:49
I see that Leicester sold out of their full allocation today. I can still count 100 dots representing unsold seats in home areas on the interactive seating plan. Surely these single seats will go. Expecting a real cracker.
I really hope so, on all accounts
How many people do we really expect to attend the game?
According to the Official site -
Football has been played at Peterborough United's London Road home for well over a century but the present stadium, with seats for more than 10,000 and a total capacity of 15,314...
Various sites say that Leicester have sold their allocation and Posh have sold out.
Which surely means that there will be close to 15,314 there.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by tonyp » 25 Jan 2018, 09:28

Wycliffe wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 21:07
stuie wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:29
PoshCynic wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 20:27


Ridiculous. Never been necessary before so why now? No doubt at the request or demand of the police. Should Posh reach the Championship again, will this become a regular feature?
welcome back, you are welcome on here, keep posting, and gpwm
Seems PCC jumped the gun.

This on the cambscop twitter

PT1: In relation to the FA Cup Road Closure update this evening. Please note, a closure will not be put in place. We have an Road Closure Order available to use should 14,000 people leaving Peterborough United this Saturday create a public safety issue with other road users.
So there will be no road closure then. It's interesting that they are talking about 14,000 people.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: FA Cup Fourth round Posh v Leicester

Post by tonyp » 25 Jan 2018, 09:32

dunc wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 15:18
Premier League prize money, the overwhelming need to stay in the league and a majority of foreign managers in the top flight suggests that most teams put the F A cup near the bottom of their priorities - shame for all of us fans, but thats the way it goes now
Chompy wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 15:33
That's the way it is.

If the fans were that passionately opposed, things would eventually change, but they're not, and it's right just accepted.

This whole romance of the Cup nonsense if just funny these days. As is the fact that BBCa are turning over an entire evening schedule to a third round replay tonight. Beyond ridiculous. It's not 1985.
It really is a shame that that's the way it is.
I can remember the days when the FA Cup really was magic and Posh were renowned for their giant killing heroics.
Being happy never goes out of style

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bristleposh, Chompy and 9 guests