Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jan 2018, 23:27

Always said that Anderson was rubbish
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9007
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by Brianposh » 24 Jan 2018, 01:08

Good game of football. Lincoln were excellent and caught our defence out in the last few minutes. Anderson, as I said at the time, should never have been allowed to leave, a big mistake.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2018, 09:27

Brianposh wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 01:08
Good game of football. Lincoln were excellent and caught our defence out in the last few minutes. Anderson, as I said at the time, should never have been allowed to leave, a big mistake.
People with far less knowledge than you, used to make fun of me for my support of him as a player. The good news is Plymouth will still be on a Saturday.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4824
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by Chompy » 24 Jan 2018, 10:26

We very rarely make mistakes when it comes to letting good uns go. Harry A needed to be released and it wasn't a mistake. He didn't suit our style and will never be better than L1 level, end of.

If we were Luton fans and had seen let the club allow Andre Grey, Isaac Vassell and Jack Marriott all leave in the past few seasons on the cheap, then we'd have reason to whinge.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

superposh80
Posts: 5165
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by superposh80 » 24 Jan 2018, 10:38

Chompy wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 10:26
We very rarely make mistakes when it comes to letting good uns go. Harry A needed to be released and it wasn't a mistake. He didn't suit our style and will never be better than L1 level, end of.

If we were Luton fans and had seen let the club allow Andre Grey, Isaac Vassell and Jack Marriott all leave in the past few seasons on the cheap, then we'd have reason to whinge.
This 100%

He scores against us...and one or two suffer complete over reaction.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2018, 10:40

What over reaction
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4824
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by Chompy » 24 Jan 2018, 10:43

Brianposh wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 01:08
Good game of football. Lincoln were excellent and caught our defence out in the last few minutes. Anderson, as I said at the time, should never have been allowed to leave, a big mistake.
This one?
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2018, 11:21

that is not an ove reaction it was a statement of fact. He probably wouldn't have got into our first team with the two names you mention ahead of him. Sadly injuries happen and other players move on. He was a good squad player who has benefitted from leaving, as did Frecklington and Bostwick who would certainly be capable of playing in our first team still, and he has a better haircut than some of ours.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18709
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by tonyp » 24 Jan 2018, 12:19

bristleposh wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 11:21
that is not an ove reaction it was a statement of fact. He probably wouldn't have got into our first team with the two names you mention ahead of him. Sadly injuries happen and other players move on. He was a good squad player who has benefitted from leaving, as did Frecklington and Bostwick who would certainly be capable of playing in our first team still, and he has a better haircut than some of ours.
:stupid: Even the haircut bit.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4824
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by Chompy » 24 Jan 2018, 13:30

So you'd have Harry A ahead of Maddison and Gwion...

Frecklington ahead of Chris Forrester...

And Bostwick ahead of Tafazolli and Taylor...

Plus of course Penfold and Cartwright in the team.

Thank God for Grant McCann, and I never thought I'd say that!
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2018, 14:35

Chompy wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 13:30
So you'd have Harry A ahead of Maddison and Gwion...

Frecklington ahead of Chris Forrester...

And Bostwick ahead of Tafazolli and Taylor...

Plus of course Penfold and Cartwright in the team.

Thank God for Grant McCann, and I never thought I'd say that!
Did I say any of that garbage, why do you make stuff up just to try and suit your argument. To answer some of them, however, I'd have Bostwick ahead of Baldwin. Harry A if either of the two were injured, before we bought Cooper and Ward. Cartwright has been signed as a professional along with Penfold, Freestone and Borg should be the future of the club, either that or stop pouring money down the toilet called a youth training centre. Any more made up stories you'd like me to refute. I had some idiot the other day accusing me of saying McCann was no good when in actual fact what I had said was he'd gone past his sell by date, his last few games in a Posh shirt were almost as bad as Madison's last 3 or 4 performances.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

superposh80
Posts: 5165
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by superposh80 » 24 Jan 2018, 15:59

Anderson may have looked good on the radio...but Cooper has shown more in 20 minutes for us than Harry A did in 2 years....No comparison.

As for the rest of our youth players....Hmmm do you really think they are the future of the club?

Bostwick was sold as he was on championship wages....The fact that a barge turns quicker was probably another reason

bettingbill
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bettingbill » 24 Jan 2018, 15:59

I thought it was a cracking game, juat a **** result. What is it was th Lower league teams, played four and stats are DDDL,. Yes I know we beat Tranmere and Woking in the respective replays but is it a mind thing or is the difference in standard not as big as some imagine.
Thought Lincoln deserved their victory but how, with what looked like a pretty impotent offensive display di they manage to score four against a defence that latterly has been so mean.
But despite their rather industrial tactics one has to admire their game plan and collective tenacity. Easy to see why the Cowley brothers are forging themselves a great reputation as they were very organised and very together.
It was also clear that many out there last night under performed including MM-again- who personally, odd glimpse apart, and I dont know what others feel here I feel has had a poor January.
Gutted really was beginning to look forward to a trip to N London

superposh80
Posts: 5165
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by superposh80 » 24 Jan 2018, 16:00

Darragh certainly isn't happy with the result....

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Checkatrade Trophy Quarter final

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2018, 16:08

superposh80 wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 15:59
Anderson may have looked good on the radio
You'd know, I judged him on what I saw, do you ever go to games, or do you just sit at your computer pretending to be a fan.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest