13 Jan 2018, 18:59
Can't complain about that....

Point gained.
:stupid:
Chompy wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 17:58
Pretty even game tbf. Good point that.

I'd say that most Posh fans would be happy with one point at Wigan.
As always it will be interesting to hear from more of those who attended the game.
Being happy never goes out of style

dunc

Re: Wigan v Posh

Post by dunc » 14 Jan 2018, 01:24

I thought we played very well and thoroughly deserved our point

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jan 2018, 10:20

marriott looked just offside in the freeze frame.

just wonder whether it would have been given at the other end.....

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Jan 2018, 10:48

superposh80 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 10:20
marriott looked just offside in the freeze frame.

just wonder whether it would have been given at the other end.....
Looks offside to me as well.
The ref might have been attacked by angry fans had it been at the other end and called offside.
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 14 Jan 2018, 10:52

Could not clearly see from our end, too far away but Posh players did not argue much. A very cold day, a good point, not the best football but plenty of endeavour. We certainly deserved a point at least. Marcus an off day which always makes a difference.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Jan 2018, 11:33

tonyp wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 22:39
superposh80 wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 18:59
Can't complain about that....

Point gained.
Chompy wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 17:58
Pretty even game tbf. Good point that.

I'd say that most Posh fans would be happy with one point at Wigan.
As always it will be interesting to hear from more of those who attended the game.

We defended superbly with lots of guts and no little nous, Tales and Taff are really working well together, Hughes is ever willing and in Shepherd we have got one.
Doughty for all his critics did a good job for us yesterday in an important role.
Forrester getting there and Grant was, well Grant.
MM awful and that does affect us in a detrimental way which shows how important he is to us ........and why he's still here.
Everyone put in a shift and Ward coming on was a pleasant surprise, he didn't let us down and the shot that led to the (correctly disallowed) 'goal' was superb.

Excellent substitutions by the manager. 0-0 against the so called guaranteed league winners and he puts on attacking players to keep them on the back foot.

Playing on the break is our best systen by far but due to being uneducated the home fans won't bear it and get all stroppy.

Very good support from 399 POSH and a good day out.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jan 2018, 12:20

Wycliffe wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:33
We defended superbly with lots of guts and no little nous, Tales and Taff are really working well together, Hughes is ever willing and in Shepherd we have got one.
Doughty for all his critics did a good job for us yesterday in an important role.
Forrester getting there and Grant was, well Grant.
MM awful and that does affect us in a detrimental way which shows how important he is to us ........and why he's still here.
Everyone put in a shift and Ward coming on was a pleasant surprise, he didn't let us down and the shot that led to the (correctly disallowed) 'goal' was superb.

Excellent substitutions by the manager. 0-0 against the so called guaranteed league winners and he puts on attacking players to keep them on the back foot.

Playing on the break is our best systen by far but due to being uneducated the home fans won't bear it and get all stroppy.

Very good support from 399 POSH and a good day out.
Getting fed up with freezing our nuts week after week but us Posies had another enjoyable day. A few pints in The Red Robin beforehand and a short walk to the DW Stadium set us up nicely. Pretty much agree with all of that Adi. Doughty had his best recent game for us, excluding his early season form. He seems to be getting further forward now that Forester is starting to tick again, plus Grant mops up any of his mistakes so very well. Ward had a steady but very effective game when he replaced Doughty and his shot near the end almost created a goal, except for the eagle eyes of of the linesperson.
Lloyd looked better again after his last two performances - maybe it was the sight of Junior lurking on the sidelines? Junior also looked as if he is getting better and played a withdrawn role instead of up front with Marriott. Jack seemed to scare the life out of the Wigan defence whenever he got anywhere near the ball, whether it was chasing a forward played ball or played into him at height. A bit harsh on MM to say he was awful! He certainly wasn't up to his mercurial best but everyone is allowed a day off occasionally, aren't they?
Taff, Hughes and Taylor headed away and blocked nearly everything Wigan threw at us and Shephard was MOTM for me. This boy has done so well after being out of contention for a total of eleven games. Penny had been improving before Shephard came back but he will have to hope that Shephard is injured or suspended before he plays in the first team again. Right back position - no worries at all! Bond did what he does superbly, although he was never really extended. That's two games unbeaten for the loanee and the team.
It will be interesting to see if Grant brings in any new players this week, as he has hinted in his after game interview.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jan 2018, 12:55

....Talking to 3 players according to Darragh.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jan 2018, 12:57

superposh80 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 12:55
Excellent. I hope that there is more than just talking going on! They need to be players that are capable of going straight into the team, even if they have to prove themselves on the training ground and with substitution appearances first.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jan 2018, 13:01

ashman wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 12:57
superposh80 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 12:55
Excellent. I hope that there is more than just talking going on! They need to be players that are capable of going straight into the team, even if they have to prove themselves on the training ground and with substitution appearances first.
He also said it doesn't mean we're signing 3.

Yes....They need to be league one ready. This isn't a time for taking punts.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jan 2018, 16:42

superposh80 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 13:01

I keep reading this comment in various places including Twitter and Facebook. How many games had Marriott and Madison played in league one prior to their arrival.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jan 2018, 17:15

bristleposh wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 16:42
superposh80 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 13:01

I keep reading this comment in various places including Twitter and Facebook. How many games had Marriott and Madison played in league one prior to their arrival.
True but we have been proved very lucky with these two, but how many Nicholls ++ have we been through to find them. SP80 is quite right and I think that DMac may just be throwing his all into this season as a last ditch effort to get us back into the Championship. By that token I reckon he will hang on for dear life to Maddison, Marriott and any other saleable players who are now performing so well. (Tafazolli maybe? He has been superb all season and just seems to exist under the radar all the time - unless anyone knows any better?) If we fail to get into the Championship ..... well who knows?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jan 2018, 17:55

Agreed...I reckon he'll price M&M out of the market this window....

If we don't go up...They'll be sold in the summer.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 14 Jan 2018, 17:57

Same as every season. Football squads are ongoing projects and it doesn't only affect us.

We should be happy a) that the wheels haven't come off in January like in previous seasons and b) that we own so many saleable assets.

What will be will be and I have 100% faith in DMac and GM at this time of year.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

stuie

Post by stuie » 18 Jan 2018, 00:36

Well Wigan beat The Cherry Boys 3 nil in the cup, just shows what a great draw and 4 points we have taken off Wigan this season
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far