500 at a game who go now and again, which makes another 4000
arm chair and glory hunters and move away Poshies 3000

this gives us a total of 13000 for the big big day

All Poshies IMO
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

dunc

Re: supporting the posh

Post by dunc » 07 Jan 2018, 19:46

You could tell who all the glory hunters and plastics were!
They were among the hundreds who left the action 15 minutes before halftime

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 20:02

dunc wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 19:46
You could tell who all the glory hunters and plastics were!
They were among the hundreds who left the action 15 minutes before halftime
missed you yesterday, sat with your son in the ground

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 07 Jan 2018, 20:05

What would you prefer though? For only 130 odd to turn up like at Fleetwood.

Aston Villa v Posh was £15 whereas Posh v Doncaster was £28. Which game would you choose if you could only afford to attend one? Posh get a share of the gate yesterday so the more so called plastics turn up the better IMO.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 20:15

HantsPosh wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 20:05
What would you prefer though? For only 130 odd to turn up like at Fleetwood.

Aston Villa v Posh was £15 whereas Posh v Doncaster was £28. Which game would you choose if you could only afford to attend one? Posh get a share of the gate yesterday so the more so called plastics turn up the better IMO.
gpwm

dunc

Post by dunc » 08 Jan 2018, 01:12

Much prefer the atmosphere of a large turnout and a great performance.
But would like to avoid the situation of people in lower seats standing up for most of the game!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 08 Jan 2018, 04:01

dunc wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 01:12
But would like to avoid the situation of people in lower seats standing up for most of the game!
Standing up in a seated area is rude (exceptions apply).
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jan 2018, 09:22

I know regular supporters complain when we get a top game like Villa and 'fans' appear out of the woodwork and then in the next matches attendances plummet. However, at least it shows that there is enough interest in and around the city for the team to attract good regular attendances. If just a couple of dozen become interested in regularly attending after the Villa game then in a way it will have served a good purpose.
The very first game that Nipper went to was the play-off semi-final against Barnet at London Road in 2000. Dave Farrell scoring his unbelievable hat trick convinced her to become a regular attender and the only games she misses now are a couple of matches in early September for her annual holiday.
Just as a small reminder for those of us that were there, and for those of us who weren't or were too young to remember, here is Farrell's hat trick. IMO you wont see a finer hat trick in any football clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2DbK4USys
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 Jan 2018, 10:22

tonyp wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 04:01
dunc wrote:
Happens a lot, is always going to happen and is something you just have to roll with.

The worst possible thing to do, from what I've seen, is to start shouting at those in front to sit down.
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Jan 2018, 10:32

Chompy wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:22
tonyp wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 04:01
dunc wrote:
Happens a lot, is always going to happen and is something you just have to roll with.

The worst possible thing to do, from what I've seen, is to start shouting at those in front to sit down.
Agreed. That solves nothing and the best course to take is to find seats elsewhere that are not obscured or if the stand is a sell out ask the stewards to tackle the problem.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 08 Jan 2018, 10:57

We had problems early on in the game. After several argument and a few punches/pushing some sat down but not all. The police were called and 3 fans at least were removed from the Stadium which although not perfect made it very much better. My views on standing are well known, and the moronic scummy selfish greedy fans of that ilk do need a permanent ban. I know several fans who do not go to away games because of the standing fans. I am very close to also being one and missed three games already this Season anticipating problems. I just do not need the aggro.
These 'fans' have no consideration for the old, disabled, children and many ladies who attend.
Last edited by Brianposh on 08 Jan 2018, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jan 2018, 11:01

Brianposh wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 10:57
We had problems early on in the game. After several argument and a few punches/pushing some sat down but not all. The police were called and 3 fans at least were removed from the Stadium which although not perfect made it very much better. My views on standing are well known, and the moronic scummy selfish greedy fans of that ilk do need a permanent ban. I know several fans who do not go to away games because of the standing fans.
It's that stupid chant of stand up if you love the posh, as Waggon said doesn't following them through thin and thinner for 53 years count for anything. Perhaps a few should sing sit down if you love the posh. I had to stand for most of the villa game, due to discomfort, but then I was in the back row so absolutely not affecting anyone's view.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Jan 2018, 17:53

I went to crewe a couple of years ago (I think both bostwick and balswin were sent off) and was so appalled by the standers up who could easily have stood up at the back and not been in anybodys way. they were downright threatening to several people

since then I have never gone in the "posh end " for away games

as such I tend to get a better seat , certainly a better view, and am not plagued by the self indulgent idiots who probably think they are posh supporters , but who may grow out of it when they grow up.

as such there is often an extra one in the posh away support who is never counted.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Jan 2018, 20:32

trevormans wrote:
08 Jan 2018, 17:53
I went to crewe a couple of years ago (I think both bostwick and balswin were sent off) and was so appalled by the standers up who could easily have stood up at the back and not been in anybodys way. they were downright threatening to several people

since then I have never gone in the "posh end " for away games

as such I tend to get a better seat , certainly a better view, and am not plagued by the self indulgent idiots who probably think they are posh supporters , but who may grow out of it when they grow up.

as such there is often an extra one in the posh away support who is never counted.
They may grow up, but I fear they may not. I live in a council estate, facilities virtually nil, all the pubs have shut. We are getting a new Lidl supermarket, sadly opening day has been delayed by a month due to vandalism. I'm sure these vandals are either the same young one or those that haven't grown up.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 08 Jan 2018, 20:43

Should Posh fans stop singing as well?