Checkatrade trophy

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Luton v Poshies

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jan 2018, 22:43

They've won two pen shoot outs out of 2 we've lost 1 from 1, not holding my breath
It started with a kiss and turned out something else
The blood coursing through my veins, I think of no one else
I never believed in much, but I believe in this
I'm incomplete without you, I'd kill to taste your kiss

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Jan 2018, 22:54

Posh win 7-6
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jan 2018, 23:33

bristleposh wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 22:43
They've won two pen shoot outs out of 2 we've lost 1 from 1, not holding my breath
Oh ye of little faith

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Jan 2018, 23:40

DMac won't be happy with tonight's performance but he'll be happy we won.
Bit like me really.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Jan 2018, 01:20

Amazing that we're being told by someone the other side of the world that Kanu didn't do much. Though he did plenty myself.

Poor performance but it did feel like an emotional let-down after the weekend and it was hard not to be impressed by Luton's second stringers.

Some cracking pens by our lot.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Jan 2018, 01:27

The Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final draw will take place on EFL Matters on Sky Sports Football at 7pm on Thursday.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Jan 2018, 01:31

Chompy wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 01:20
Amazing that we're being told by someone the other side of the world that Kanu didn't do much. Though he did plenty myself.

Poor performance but it did feel like an emotional let-down after the weekend and it was hard not to be impressed by Luton's second stringers.

They must have shown a different game on iFollow to the one you watched.
In my opinion, all the way from the other side of the world-
Kanu hadn't done much when I posted that.
There were some cracking penalties by both teams with the exception of the one that was missed.
You must be easily impressed. It was a poor performance by both sides.
A draw was a fair result.
Maddison was ineffective.
Grant was MOM again.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Jan 2018, 01:35

Chompy wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 01:27
The Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final draw will take place on EFL Matters on Sky Sports Football at 7pm on Thursday.
And the teams left in the draw are
Posh
Oxford
Yeovil
Chelsea U21's
Lincoln
Fleetwood
Oldham/Leicester U21's
Shrewsbury/Blackpool

We can beat any of those, home or away.
Wembley here we come.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Jan 2018, 01:55

Chompy wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 01:20
It was a cold evening and halfway through the second half a slight breeze blew up and the temperature seemed to drop dramatically. Luton Town ran out of hot food early on. There is really no excuse for that as they knew how many tickets had been sold. A steward said it is like that every game! Very poor.
Winning is a good habit to get into and we seem to be doing that right now. Kanu was a really bright spark this evening and even Anderson did more in the 25 minutes he was on the field than Junior did in the time he was playing. Nevertheless it was a useful 67 minutes for Morais to get under his belt. Lloyd was definitely upset by being subbed fro Kanu and proceeded to stamp and kick things about when he got back to the dugout!
The team really did look tired tonight and the three subs (including Doughty for LDSL) showed that. I don't know if Leo was carrying a knock but he was subbed after only 33 minutes and came and sat in the stands with us and appeared ok. Even Captain Jack had a good game, apart from a couple of glaring passes straight to the opposition!
Again, we had a good referee and I was told that he was a 16 year old. If that is true then the lad has an excellent chance of becoming a very good official. Luton looked a capable side, not afraid to shoot (particularly in the first half) and passed the ball about better than we did.
13 penalties taken by the two sides were exceptional efforts, apart from Luton's secnd which Bond got a hand to and the final one by Frankie Musonda which Bond saved. I heard that the draw for the quarter finals is on Sky Sports on Thursday at 7.15pm. Again, I'm not really sure that this is true.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Jan 2018, 02:05

Chompy wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 01:56
Probably A.Grant's worst performance of the season. All about opinions though.

We can only draw Oxford, Yeovil or Chelsea U23s of course. Yeovil at home would be fine ta. Got a 33-1 voucher sat here, wiiiiiiii.
Agreed that Grant was not up to his usual standards but again Taff, Hughes and Shephard worked hard to stem any attempts by Luton. Lloyd, Maddison and Marriott were largely ineffective and worryingly Marriott seemed to be having trouble with one of his feet, but carried on bravely. I hope that there is nothing too untoward by this injury and it is maybe just a bit of bruising.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Jan 2018, 02:09

Chompy wrote:
We can only draw Oxford, Yeovil or Chelsea U23s of course.
Incorrect.
We can draw any of them. It is not regionalised.
Ta.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Jan 2018, 02:11

ashman wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 02:05
Chompy wrote:
Probably A.Grant's worst performance of the season. All about opinions though.

We can only draw Oxford, Yeovil or Chelsea U23s of course. Yeovil at home would be fine ta. Got a 33-1 voucher sat here, wiiiiiiii.
Agreed that Grant was not up to his usual standards but again Taff, Hughes and Shephard worked hard to stem any attempts by Luton. Lloyd, Maddison and Marriott were largely ineffective and worryingly Marriott seemed to be having trouble with one of his feet, but carried on bravely. I hope that there is nothing too untoward by this injury and it is maybe just a bit of bruising.
It seems to me that none of them were up to their usual standards (except Bond).
They will need to be against Wigan.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Jan 2018, 09:49

ashman wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 01:55
13 penalties taken by the two sides were exceptional efforts, apart from Luton's second which Bond got a hand to and the final one by Frankie Musonda which Bond saved.
:stupid:
Except that Musonda missed his penalty.
Penalties are either converted or missed.
There were 13 penalties scored and one missed.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jan 2018, 10:04

Having been present at Villa Park with a birdseye view of the pitch and just from one angle it was a godsend to see the game on TV apart from their insistance to show repeats at poor times. Occasional buffering either their fault or my internet supplier also interupted the viewing. Overall the view was better. So for someone whether at the game or watching on their own TV in Peterborough to criticise someone on the other side of the World for his comments is tantermount to ridiculous. My opinion for what its worth probably not much, because TV in Bristol is so much poorer than in Peterborough was that we didn't play as well as on Saturday I thought for the most part Grant didn't have a bad game, once again he broke up numerous attacks and wojn a succession of freekicks. Lloyd was dreadful, Marriott couldn't have wasted more chances had he set out with that intention. Baldwin made a couple of sloppy passes but nowhere near as many as Maddison who also had a dreadful game, even his freekicks and corners were wasted. Thank goodness for the penalties. I must admiit I was surprised at the quality of all of ours.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Jan 2018, 10:15

tonyp wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 02:09
Chompy wrote:
We can only draw Oxford, Yeovil or Chelsea U23s of course.
Incorrect.
We can draw any of them. It is not regionalised.
Ta.
My bad. Had no idea they'd changed it. This is new. No idea why they think it's an improvement.