Kieffer Moore

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

Re: Kieffer Moore

Post by stuie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:24

ashman wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 19:17
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no need for a big lump up front. What's all this enthusiasm for a 6ft plus target man? In general, this is not the way that modern football is played. Being extremely mobile, strong and able to hold the ball up with an eye for goal is far more important. Being able to head a ball comes second in the desirability stakes. Watch big strikers heading balls and mostly the ball ends up anywhere but where it is supposed to, because they are being challenged by an equally tall monster defender! (Tyrone Barnett anyone? - sorry stuie!) What is more important is to get in front of the defender, make sure that the ball is played in fairly low to him and a good target man will be able to shield the ball from the defenders, lay the ball off to others or turn and shoot accurately. (Aaron McLean anyone?) - far more effective than hoof it in the air, hoping that the big man may get a glancing header on it!
Watch football and note that nine times out of ten, defenders will win balls that are launched into the air. I don't enjoy watching this type of football. It is a throwback to the fifties and sixties.
fair point
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 03 Jan 2018, 19:38

Isn't Kieffer an extgremely mobile, strong player who can hold the ball up well? Who just happens to be 6'5"?

Amazing how many experts there are out there on players they haven't seen before.
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Jan 2018, 19:50

Chompy wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 19:38
Isn't Kieffer an extgremely mobile, strong player who can hold the ball up well? Who just happens to be 6'5"?

Amazing how many experts there are out there on players they haven't seen before.
to be honest, I will hold my opinion until I see him play for Posh :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z

Post by john316z » 03 Jan 2018, 20:05

ashman wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is no need for a big lump up front. What's all this enthusiasm for a 6ft plus target man? In general, this is not the way that modern football is played. Being extremely mobile, strong and able to hold the ball up with an eye for goal is far more important. Being able to head a ball comes second in the desirability stakes. Watch big strikers heading balls and mostly the ball ends up anywhere but where it is supposed to, because they are being challenged by an equally tall monster defender! (Tyrone Barnett anyone? - sorry stuie!) What is more important is to get in front of the defender, make sure that the ball is played in fairly low to him and a good target man will be able to shield the ball from the defenders, lay the ball off to others or turn and shoot accurately. (Aaron McLean anyone?) - far more effective than hoof it in the air, hoping that the big man may get a glancing header on it!
Watch football and note that nine times out of ten, defenders will win balls that are launched into the air. I don't enjoy watching this type of football. It is a throwback to the fifties and sixties.
I think you are remembering Big Tyrone rather than a mobile tall striker. he was a lump not all tall players are lumps.... Effiong from Woking looked far more mobile than half the Posh squad from the last round replay as I recall. I game context granted but equally as compelling as (cough cough) lumping all tall players together :wink:

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 03 Jan 2018, 20:19

We won't be getting Kieffer. It's all a clever ploy by Fry to try and upset the applecart at Rotherham and confuse them who are a point above us in the table.
Kieffer won't know whether he's coming or going.
Very clever Baz. 8)

john316z

Post by john316z » 03 Jan 2018, 20:58

DoubleRay wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 20:19
We won't be getting Kieffer. It's all a clever ploy by Fry to try and upset the applecart at Rotherham and confuse them who are a point above us in the table.
Kieffer won't know whether he's coming or going.
Very clever Baz. 8)
Thanks for confirming our transfer window plans Bernard, personally I'll wait and see first. It might have more to do with FFP than TFO's mindgames? After all we don't often hear in advance of the dead cert players we sign.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Jan 2018, 21:39

Bernard knows best John. ..

He's forgotten more than we know...He's not only an expert on our transfer policy but also the FA cup.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Jan 2018, 21:43

ashman wrote:
Thank you Alan Shearer.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 03 Jan 2018, 22:09

Chompy wrote:

Chompy, how many times have YOU seen him play? I’ve only seen him play once against us in August & a bit on TV v Portsmouth in November. I’ve no opinion on him either way but guessing you must have seen him play a few times and been impressed.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jan 2018, 22:26

superposh80 wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 21:43
ashman wrote:
Thank you Alan Shearer.
It's an opinion and an opinion only, as opposed to a personal comment about other posters.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z

Post by john316z » 03 Jan 2018, 23:11

superposh80 wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 21:39
Bernard knows best John. ..

He's forgotten more than we know...He's not only an expert on our transfer policy but also the FA cup.
:lol: :lol: But not on refereeing. Thankfully someone else is wearing that crown

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 04 Jan 2018, 01:29

HantsPosh wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 22:09
Chompy wrote:

Chompy, how many times have YOU seen him play? I’ve only seen him play once against us in August & a bit on TV v Portsmouth in November. I’ve no opinion on him either way but guessing you must have seen him play a few times and been impressed.
I watch extended highlights from most L1 matches.
6-4 Blackpool, 2-1 Poshies, 5-2 Draw

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jan 2018, 09:07

Chompy wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 01:29

I watch extended highlights from most L1 matches.
I think I've watched every police drama shown on TV since the 1960s, I wouldn't claim that my knowledge as a detective were better than anyone who has ever read a book or listened to them on the radio. Mind you some people obviously believe their own hype.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

DoubleRay

Post by DoubleRay » 04 Jan 2018, 14:59

I think even Columbo would struggle to know what's actually going on at the mo.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 04 Jan 2018, 15:17

DoubleRay wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 14:59
I think even Columbo would struggle to know what's actually going on at the mo.
It's called playing your cards close to your chest. It is not wise to tell the DoubleRays' of this world exactly what's going on, it's liable to upset the apple cart.