Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Cheltenhamlion

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Cheltenhamlion » 07 Jan 2018, 22:04

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 21:39
Cheltenhamlion wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 21:06
Fair play, the better team won yesterday. I could make excuses about injured players coming back, or us throwing some kids in, but that wouldn't be fair. We picked a team that should have won the game and didn't.

Oddly, our best football was in the ten minutes before you equalised. Had we scored then it was lights out but Bruce was too slow to change things.

On the whole, your fans were decent. I spoke with quite a few in the Bartons Arms before the game and, as Usual, our lot were gracious hosts as always. Away fans are always welcome as long as they don't want to act like Danny Dyer on one of those interminable piles of ***** he makes about football's hardest idiots. I have no idea why the Police felt the need to arrive at the pub but they buggered off quickly enough when they realised it was an occasion for people being idiots.

My only gripe was the racial abuse slung out at some locals by some of your pissed up day trippers walking from the pub to the ground. Witton/Aston is a long way from salubrious, but some of the comments were like something from a 1970's Bernard Manning sketch. Perhaps the living in a big place makes you generally more tolerant. My personal favourite being "We voted Brexit to stop you lot" at a Pakistani shop keeper. Where do you start with that?

Anyhow, best of luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. If I get chance, I will dip in here now and again for a catch up.

As for Villa, we need to get back on it with the first team at Forest next week. Live on TV Saturday evening and hopefully no cup run means they start blasting into the automatic rather than play off places.

If you fancy swapping Marriott for Richards and Agbonlahor then just shout up.
We had absolutely no problems in The Wellington', many various footy fans and dozens of Morris Men. People in general who enjoy real ale are not thugs.
The "Wellie" is a good pub. Did you get chance to go in the Post Office Vaults as well? An excellent place. The Bartons Arms is arguably the best pub in Birmingham. Should you ever come back here, try the Black Eagle in Hockley and the Lord Clifden in in the Jewellery Quarter. In fact, just do a crawl round the Jewellery Quarter for some wonderful places for an ale.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 22:05

bristleposh wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 21:39
Cheltenhamlion wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 21:06
Fair play, the better team won yesterday. I could make excuses about injured players coming back, or us throwing some kids in, but that wouldn't be fair. We picked a team that should have won the game and didn't.

Oddly, our best football was in the ten minutes before you equalised. Had we scored then it was lights out but Bruce was too slow to change things.

On the whole, your fans were decent. I spoke with quite a few in the Bartons Arms before the game and, as Usual, our lot were gracious hosts as always. Away fans are always welcome as long as they don't want to act like Danny Dyer on one of those interminable piles of ***** he makes about football's hardest idiots. I have no idea why the Police felt the need to arrive at the pub but they buggered off quickly enough when they realised it was an occasion for people being idiots.

My only gripe was the racial abuse slung out at some locals by some of your pissed up day trippers walking from the pub to the ground. Witton/Aston is a long way from salubrious, but some of the comments were like something from a 1970's Bernard Manning sketch. Perhaps the living in a big place makes you generally more tolerant. My personal favourite being "We voted Brexit to stop you lot" at a Pakistani shop keeper. Where do you start with that?

Anyhow, best of luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. If I get chance, I will dip in here now and again for a catch up.

As for Villa, we need to get back on it with the first team at Forest next week. Live on TV Saturday evening and hopefully no cup run means they start blasting into the automatic rather than play off places.

If you fancy swapping Marriott for Richards and Agbonlahor then just shout up.
We had absolutely no problems in The Wellington', many various footy fans and dozens of Morris Men. People in general who enjoy real ale are not thugs.
unfortunately, I think it is racism we are talking about here, as well as thuggish behaviour
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 07 Jan 2018, 22:06

What a brilliant day ...... not even spoilt by being charged £2 to stand in a dirty old marquee to have my customary 2 pints. I loved being part of a big crowd and the singing. The atmosphere we created made me go all goose-pimply and so proud :clap2:
I knew we'd equalise. Even at 2-1 up, I thought that if they scored again, a draw would be a brilliant result. Wow oh wow 1-3 Stuff dreams are made of! :clap: :clap:

Trying to pick our MOM on way home . Impossible task. We were awesome. Every single player.

Got home and grinned for the rest of the evening. Sort of managed to keep my eyes open until Match of the Day. Wished I hadn't bothered. Enjoyed Twitter and the outpouring of pride. Wish it could be like this every week.

So proud to be POSH. Now onto Luton :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 22:16

poshnipper wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 22:06
What a brilliant day ...... not even spoilt by being charged £2 to stand in a dirty old marquee to have my customary 2 pints. I loved being part of a big crowd and the singing. The atmosphere we created made me go all goose-pimply and so proud :clap2:
I knew we'd equalise. Even at 2-1 up, I thought that if they scored again, a draw would be a brilliant result. Wow oh wow 1-3 Stuff dreams are made of! :clap: :clap:

Trying to pick our MOM on way home . Impossible task. We were awesome. Every single player.

Got home and grinned for the rest of the evening. Sort of managed to keep my eyes open until Match of the Day. Wished I hadn't bothered. Enjoyed Twitter and the outpouring of pride. Wish it could be like this every week.

So proud to be POSH. Now onto Luton :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
yep :stupid: :clap2:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jan 2018, 23:19

Cheltenhamlion wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 22:04

The "Wellie" is a good pub. Did you get chance to go in the Post Office Vaults as well? An excellent place. The Bartons Arms is arguably the best pub in Birmingham. Should you ever come back here, try the Black Eagle in Hockley and the Lord Clifden in in the Jewellery Quarter. In fact, just do a crawl round the Jewellery Quarter for some wonderful places for an ale.
I have a very tame local Morris dancing friend, who has taught me the top pubs, however having become rather unnessary on Westmaller Triple in the Vaults on a trip to Crewe a couple of years back, I try and avoid it like the plague. Being lazy I find the short walk from New Street to the Wellie too good to miss we did it last year pre WestBrom, every year prior Walsall, and on the rare occasions we've been in the same league The Blues and The Wolves. Time restraints prevent us doing it for Coventry, where The Greyhound (free parking and a pleasant walk along the canal tow path) gets the benefit of our beer tokens.
I would give you the stars in the sky but they're too far away
If you were a hooker, you'd know I'd be happy to pay
If suddenly you were a guy I'd be suddenly gay

dunc

Post by dunc » 08 Jan 2018, 01:08

A couple of hours in the Barton Arms followed by a walk up to the ground was a good way to spend a pre-Posh day for me

stuie

Post by stuie » 08 Jan 2018, 19:00

ashman wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 13:43
stuie wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 13:23
pleasureboy60 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 13:14
I see our loud mouthed director of football is at it once again. This time criticizing the hierarchy at Aston Villa and its supporters.
When will he ever learn to keep it shut, he's an embarrassment to the club, his chairman and supporters.
I hope he gets all the abuse and flack he rightly deserves from the Villa fans tomorrow.
what has he said :question:
See here stuie. Nothing wrong here IMO! Villa owner Tony Xia agrees with him too! Whatever Barry says there will be some that deride him!

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8317262
Bazza makes an apology

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/janua ... -tony-xia/