Aston Villa V The Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 12:20

Ceenitall wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 11:06
A massive result for Peterborough United and for the magnificent travelling supporters....You deserved the result and got it. :clap2:
yes WE did
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 12:25

Chompy wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 12:17
Ceenitall wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 11:06
A massive result for Peterborough United and for the magnificent travelling supporters.... You deserved the result and got it. :clap2:
So you're not a Posh fan?

McCann was at his less ineffectual best in this game?
I think you have rumbled him Chompy! :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 12:46

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 12:52

Can we tell Chrissy Forester that it is FA Cup round three every week? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 13:28

ashman wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 12:52
Can we tell Chrissy Forester that it is FA Cup round three every week? :lol:
, :clap: :stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 13:36

ashman wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 12:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDahbl4 ... e=youtu.be

Are they 'bovered?' :D :D
If I had any hair on the back of my neck, they would have been standing up

brilliant, thank you Ashman
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9091
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Jan 2018, 14:15

What a cracking game of football. Well deserved and totally opposite to last weeks MKDons match. Great to see so many friends especially stuie, 'seat saver' surpreme. All staff at Villa brilliant. Day went well. That was proper football.
The Doctor this week ordered me to carefully watch my very high blood pressure............some hope. :(
Last edited by Brianposh on 07 Jan 2018, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 14:18

A full ten minutes highlights here from the Villa facebook page. This just shows that Taff was superb, and Leo was probably not quite as some have indicated. The abuse that boy gets is disgraceful. Maddison's workrate is phenomenal, Marriott is probably CMS in disguise. He gets in all the right positions, but a better finisher? Time will tell!
Grant and Forester were so good again. Forester now needs to continue that sort of creative form. Without them in midfield we would struggle, big time. Bond showed just why we rate him so highly, Hughes was extremely effective, Lloyd ran his socks off but not surprisingly ran out of steam on a very heavy pitch. Steven Taylor was his usual top quality self and he must have been close to a nose bleed in the build up to our first goal! For me, considering he is just coming off an eight week injury and recovery spell, Liam Shephard was for me MOTM.

https://www.facebook.com/PISA2000/video ... 756170709/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 14:40

You don't yet hold Marriott in the same esteem as CMS?

Agree about Leo though, he doesn't deserve or need the abuse. Someone should tell the family stand.

Had one of their number sat behind me yesterday. Jeez, that guy could complain for England. I swear some of these clowns only go to games to moan.

superposh80
Posts: 5403
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by superposh80 » 07 Jan 2018, 14:46

These players and their manager clearly love the bigger stage....

It's a shame they can't perform at Oldham Rochdale and against nine men.

What a baffling bunch.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16437
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by ashman » 07 Jan 2018, 14:50

Chompy wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:40
You don't yet hold Marriott in the same esteem as CMS?
Agree about Leo though, he doesn't deserve or need the abuse. Someone should tell the family stand.
Had one of their number sat behind me yesterday. Jeez, that guy could complain for England. I swear some of these clowns only go to games to moan.
It doesn't seem to matter where you go in a Posh crowd we always seem to get these moaning fans in and around us. I wouldn't want to be near your yesterday's moaner if we had an off day! Yesterday was almost a complete top quality performance by Posh.
Marriott does seem to be heading towards the stars and I sincerely hope we can hang on to him as long as we hung on to CMS. It would then be time for a proper comparison to be made. I suspect that if we did keep him he would surpass CMS.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5121
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 15:21

CMS wouuld probably tell you himself he was never in the same league as JM. Not even close. JM is 100% only passing through, though, unless we manage promotion, which is currently about an 8-1 shot. Enjoy him while he's here.

As for the whingers, you're spot on. Wolves notoriously have a moany crowd but we're up there with them.

Almost as soon as the game kicked off this clown was whining about us not going for it. At the time both full-backs were in Villa's half, as they were for most of the game. Utterly clueless and moany is not a pleasing mix.

superposh80
Posts: 5403
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by superposh80 » 07 Jan 2018, 15:25

Marriott will join Assombalonga and Gayle as a one season Posh player...

We'll cash in on him and Maddison in the summer.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 15:46

ashman wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:18
A full ten minutes highlights here from the Villa facebook page. This just shows that Taff was superb, and Leo was probably not quite as some have indicated. The abuse that boy gets is disgraceful. Maddison's workrate is phenomenal, Marriott is probably CMS in disguise. He gets in all the right positions, but a better finisher? Time will tell!
Grant and Forester were so good again. Forester now needs to continue that sort of creative form. Without them in midfield we would struggle, big time. Bond showed just why we rate him so highly, Hughes was extremely effective, Lloyd ran his socks off but not surprisingly ran out of steam on a very heavy pitch. Steven Taylor was his usual top quality self and he must have been close to a nose bleed in the build up to our first goal! For me, considering he is just coming off an eight week injury and recovery spell, Liam Shephard was for me MOTM.

https://www.facebook.com/PISA2000/video ... 756170709/
good post, and on the money
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 15:48

Chompy wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 14:40


Agree about Leo though, he doesn't deserve or need the abuse. Someone should tell the family stand.

Had one of their number sat behind me yesterday. Jeez, that guy could complain for England. I swear some of these clowns only go to games to moan.
not sure whether you were near me, but I had one of these boo boys (in his 60s) 5 rows behind me, the trouble is it then incites others to join in
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests