Aston Villa V The Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by DaveLister » 06 Jan 2018, 17:25

Posh -1-0 down, but nobody at BBC Sport knows how we're not level. Sounds like Posh are putting in a decent show.

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 Jan 2018, 17:37

Jack Marriott with an equaliser! Fully deserved as well.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 06 Jan 2018, 17:43

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 17:37
Jack Marriott with an equaliser! Fully deserved as well.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 Jan 2018, 17:45

Taff with a second (83 mins)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 Jan 2018, 17:54

3-1 Posh - Jack Marriott again. Deep into injury time!

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 Jan 2018, 17:55

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Villa28

Post by Villa28 » 06 Jan 2018, 18:00

Well done.

Could see that happening all week.

Back to focusing on trying to get promotion for us. Good luck next round

Gracious Villa Fan

Post by Gracious Villa Fan » 06 Jan 2018, 20:58

I wouldn't normally post on opposition team pages but the
way Peterboro have played at Villa Park today deserves special praise I was highly impressed. Three players I thought were superb Forrester, Marriott and Maddison. Forrester's range of passing was brilliant all afternoon, Marriott is one of the best strikers I've seen at Villa Park all season makes great runs behind defenders and is a live wire and Maddison has a wand of a left foot. No complaints in my eyes Peterboro completely outplayed us, and were a credit to League One. Special mention to the Posh fans as well, great support and the celebrations at the end were well justified you completely battered us. The 3-1 final score line was well deserved. Good luck for the rest of the season and play like that every week I'm sure you can get promoted as well as having a good cup run.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Jan 2018, 21:19

Thank you for those kind words, John Terry still looks like he could do a job in the prem. As for our players apart from the three afore mentioned by the Villa fan. I thought Shepperd had a good game and Grant was as clever as you like putting his body on the line and winning numerous free kicks even the pet bankroll played a better game, Bond kept us in it, Taylor despite his slowness is clever enough to be in the right place, even only we'd had him as he is now instead of Zakuani at Selhurst Park. I don't think we'd have gone down. Anybody know why Leo got booked.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 Jan 2018, 21:33

Gracious Villa Fan wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 20:58
I wouldn't normally post on opposition team pages but the
way Peterboro have played at Villa Park today deserves special praise I was highly impressed. Three players I thought were superb Forrester, Marriott and Maddison. Forrester's range of passing was brilliant all afternoon, Marriott is one of the best strikers I've seen at Villa Park all season makes great runs behind defenders and is a live wire and Maddison has a wand of a left foot. No complaints in my eyes Peterboro completely outplayed us, and were a credit to League One. Special mention to the Posh fans as well, great support and the celebrations at the end were well justified you completely battered us. The 3-1 final score line was well deserved. Good luck for the rest of the season and play like that every week I'm sure you can get promoted as well as having a good cup run.
Thanks for your kind words. We today received nothing but help from all at Villa, Stewards, Police and staff. Thank you. It seems a million years from my visit in February 1960 for sure.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Jan 2018, 22:08

Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:33

Thanks for your kind words. We today received nothing but help from all at Villa, Stewards, Police and staff. Thank you. It seems a million years from my visit in February 1960 for sure.
three things they should have supplied today were a lift, oxygen and opera glasses.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 Jan 2018, 22:25

bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 22:08

three things they should have supplied today were a lift, oxygen and opera glasses.
I would have thought that a seat closer to the playing area and an Esky stocked with your favourite brew would have suited you. In other words a seat in the Directors' box.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 06 Jan 2018, 22:45

I listened to the game in bed again. This one o'clock in the morning start is getting a bit hard for me.
At half time the commentators thought we should have been winning and they were continually berating the players for not taking the chances. Until Marriott scored the first goal. From then on I've never heard such an excited commentary. They were amazing and it was great to listen to them.
What a game it must have been to watch. iFollow didn't show it, by the way. But I actually enjoyed the commentary.
:clap: :clap: :comeon: :comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2018, 22:55

tonyp wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 22:45
I listened to the game in bed again. This one o'clock in the morning start is getting a bit hard for me.
At half time the commentators thought we should have been winning and they were continually berating the players for not taking the chances. Until Marriott scored the first goal. From then on I've never heard such an excited commentary. They were amazing and it was great to listen to them.
What a game it must have been to watch. iFollow didn't show it, by the way. But I actually enjoyed the commentary.
:clap: :clap: :comeon: :comeon:
great day out, great to meet friends, old and new, all 6 Cheshire Posh made it. share a couple of beers with Grant McCanns Dad and Brother, real nice people, fantastic game, all round good performance from Posh, and the fans, just home to watch match of the day, and looking forward to the draw

villa fans were very pleasant and complimentary too
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Jan 2018, 23:00

bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:19
Anybody know why Leo got booked?
Off the ball foul apparently. By the way, I thought that the way Robert Jones and his crew officiated the game was superb. (We rarely get the chance to say that!) :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'