Aston Villa V The Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2018, 23:06

ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:00
bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:19
Anybody know why Leo got booked?
Off the ball foul apparently. By the way, I thought that the way Robert Jones and his crew officiated the game was superb. (We rarely get the chance to say that!) :lol:
yup :stupid:, and the poor old line getting the ball straight on his head
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18573
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by tonyp » 06 Jan 2018, 23:08

ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:00
bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:19
Anybody know why Leo got booked?
Off the ball foul apparently.
That's what the Official report says. The BBC only says "Leonardo Da Silva Lopes (Peterborough United) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul."
I can't remember what the commentators said.
Being happy never goes out of style

dunc
Posts: 1917
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 01:40
Location: shropshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by dunc » 06 Jan 2018, 23:09

Best Posh performance I have seen for a very long time - thoroughly deserved that victory.
Difficult to pick out a single man of the match.
Bond kept us in the game in the first half.
Taff and Taylor were both good at what they had to do.
Both fullbacks were impressive for most of the game.
Grant was immense in front of the defence in the first half and backing up the forwards in the second half.
Maddison showed his class at this level.
Forrester played his best game for a year (Chelsea this time last year was the last game he impressed as much!)
Lloyd seemed to improve as the game went on.
Marriott worked hard all game and got his just rewards in the closing stages.

User avatar
BanburyPosh
Posts: 360
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 21:25
Location: Banbury, Oxon

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by BanburyPosh » 06 Jan 2018, 23:19

BanburyPosh wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 15:35
DoubleRay wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 13:09
I really think Villa are underestimating us and that's putting it mildly. They are treating Posh like they are some sort of non league outfit. They have reduced the price ( more fool them :lol:) and then talk about playing " kids" and an unfit John Terry. Who the hell do they think they are?
They are not even top four of their league, the second tier of the football league and then to say the FA cup is a distraction is laughable. :lol:

Well I hope they do play the "kids" because not only will we turn them over, I hope we thrash them in the process.
:comeon:
:stupid:

I don't think they are being disrespectful to us, just managing a squad really. Oh what it would be like to be able to rotate when necessary even though I think you should play your strongest team on most occasions. Let's hope they stick about 6, 7 or even 8 young guns in as I think about 5,000 or 6,000 Posh fans will be looking at the draw for the next round with more interest than just seeing who we could have played.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
Hmmm!!! Wish I'd had a bet now although I realistically predicted a 2-1 defeat in the Prediction League.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 06 Jan 2018, 23:20

dunc wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:09
Best Posh performance I have seen for a very long time - thoroughly deserved that victory.
Difficult to pick out a single man of the match.
Bond kept us in the game in the first half.
Taff and Taylor were both good at what they had to do.
Both fullbacks were impressive for most of the game.
Grant was immense in front of the defence in the first half and backing up the forwards in the second half.
Maddison showed his class at this level.
Forrester played his best game for a year (Chelsea this time last year was the last game he impressed as much!)
Lloyd seemed to improve as the game went on.
Marriott worked hard all game and got his just rewards in the closing stages.
yep :stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8948
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Brianposh » 06 Jan 2018, 23:25

bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 22:08
Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:33



Thanks for your kind words. We today received nothing but help from all at Villa, Stewards, Police and staff. Thank you. It seems a million years from my visit in February 1960 for sure.
three things they should have supplied today were a lift, oxygen and opera glasses.
I got the lift Nick o.k. on request.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 00:24

Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:25
bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 22:08
Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 21:33



Thanks for your kind words. We today received nothing but help from all at Villa, Stewards, Police and staff. Thank you. It seems a million years from my visit in February 1960 for sure.
three things they should have supplied today were a lift, oxygen and opera glasses.
I got the lift Nick o.k. on request.
and you did not even request a seat in the pub, that's the Cheshire Posh for you
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by john316z » 07 Jan 2018, 00:40

ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 08:18
DoubleRay wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:00
Deluded?
OK you win. I won't be posting on here forthwith.
I dont mind a bit of banter but I can see I'm not welcome on your forum.

If the moderators would please delete my account or tell me how to. Thanks.
Bye everyone and get behind the Posh tomorrow !!!
Another one bites the dust! :evil:
Make that 2. Bye all!

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by stuie » 07 Jan 2018, 00:45

john316z wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 00:40
ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 08:18
DoubleRay wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:00
Deluded?
OK you win. I won't be posting on here forthwith.
I dont mind a bit of banter but I can see I'm not welcome on your forum.

If the moderators would please delete my account or tell me how to. Thanks.
Bye everyone and get behind the Posh tomorrow !!!
Another one bites the dust! :evil:
Make that 2. Bye all!
just a polite question, no malice, but why :question:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8948
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Jan 2018, 01:07

stuie wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 00:24
Brianposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 23:25
bristleposh wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 22:08


three things they should have supplied today were a lift, oxygen and opera glasses.
I got the lift Nick o.k. on request.
and you did not even request a seat in the pub, that's the Cheshire Posh for you
You are right stuie. Thanks a million.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4631
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 01:39

john316z wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 00:40
ashman wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 08:18
DoubleRay wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:00
Deluded?
OK you win. I won't be posting on here forthwith.
I dont mind a bit of banter but I can see I'm not welcome on your forum.

If the moderators would please delete my account or tell me how to. Thanks.
Bye everyone and get behind the Posh tomorrow !!!
Another one bites the dust! :evil:
Make that 2. Bye all!
NOOOOOOOOOOO! You're one of a handful on here worth reading. Don't go! At least not at the hands of the know-it-all who came on to tell all of us, plus the Villa guests, that Terry wouldn't be starting. FACT.
Last edited by Chompy on 07 Jan 2018, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4631
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 01:44

So, that was some day. Moments like that make it all worthwhile and, wow, what a stadium! Real next-level stuff that place.

We don't need to be in the market for a RB. We've got a cracker in Liam Shephard, once he gets a run of games, and a perfectly adequate back-up in Penny.

Fair enough, Villa were poor, especially without the ball, and they let us do as we pleased for 90minutes. Their attitude was way off, but boy did we take advantage. It's one thing the odds-on favourites not being at it, it's another to take advantage like we did.

And kudos to GM for setting us up the way he did. I don't remember us ever starting a game with our full-backs that high up the pitch, certainly not when part of a four.

Chrissy Forrester ran the show and was the best player on the pitch. Taff, Shephard, MM and Marriott not far behind. Bond, Taylor and Grant as reliable as ever.

Hughes, Lloyd and LDSL all had their limitations exposed somewhat though.

Expect my voice to just about return in time for more shouting at Luton on Tuesday.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26457
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Jan 2018, 11:02

As usual the brain dead going to the game tried to ruin the day by boring chanting and standing all the way from New Street to Witton. Just trying to ignore the ignorant is hard when you can't even hear your own conversations. When I read the team news that Shepperd was back I felt good news, then I saw pricetag also included I started to worry, he was less ineffectual than usual being higher up the field, but seems frightened to make a decisive decision of his own, there were several occasions where he should have rattled off a shot but instead weaved himself into traffic and the opportunity was gone. Despite the great result one worrying aspect was the inaccuracy of some of the passing, many times from all our players the ball went either behind or too far in front of its intended recipient. Maybe that was just down our left wing which was far more visible for me.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

Ceenitall
Posts: 1109
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Ceenitall » 07 Jan 2018, 11:06

A massive result for Peterborough United and for the magnificent travelling supporters....You deserved the result and got it. :clap2:

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4631
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Aston Villa V The Posh

Post by Chompy » 07 Jan 2018, 12:17

Ceenitall wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 11:06
A massive result for Peterborough United and for the magnificent travelling supporters....You deserved the result and got it. :clap2:
So you're not a Posh fan?

McCann was at his less ineffectual best in this game?
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests