Posh v Doncaster

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18977
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posh v Doncaster

Post by tonyp » 27 Dec 2017, 22:58

Only a few days now until the first game of 2018.
It's a foregone conclusion that we'll have beaten MK Dons but how will we go against Fergie's Doncaster?
From the Doncaster Official site
an allocation of 923 tickets for the January 1st game against Peterborough United in Sky Bet League One.
Expect a large Doncaster following.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18977
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by tonyp » 28 Dec 2017, 00:27

And from the Yorkshire Post
Results not performances are key now, insists Fergie
“I’m very pleased with the players. At this stage of the season it is all about picking up points.”
“I’m not too bothered about how good the performances are at this period of the year, it’s just about getting the results.”
Sounds a bit like some of us!
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16436
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by ashman » 28 Dec 2017, 02:14

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... formation/

I think that those ticket prices are a touch steep, judging by what we have been charged recently! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18977
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by tonyp » 28 Dec 2017, 04:44

ashman wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 02:14
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... formation/

I think that those ticket prices are a touch steep, judging by what we have been charged recently! :roll:
I certainly won't be buying any at those prices.
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe
Posts: 1232
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by Wycliffe » 29 Dec 2017, 10:03

ashman wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 02:14
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... formation/

I think that those ticket prices are a touch steep, judging by what we have been charged recently! :roll:
Understatement of the year mate :lol:

Not so long ago we were raising hell about clubs like Ipswich prices albeit even more than hours.
Haven't Donny done offers for games at their place the past few years?

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16436
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by ashman » 29 Dec 2017, 10:18

Wycliffe wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 10:03
ashman wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 02:14
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... formation/

I think that those ticket prices are a touch steep, judging by what we have been charged recently! :roll:
Understatement of the year mate :lol:

Not so long ago we were raising hell about clubs like Ipswich prices albeit even more than hours.
Haven't Donny done offers for games at their place the past few years?
In general the prices at football grounds are way too high, and I include the prices charged at Posh. Maybe a few more would attend if prices could be revised.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26906
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by bristleposh » 29 Dec 2017, 11:18

ashman wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 10:18
Wycliffe wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 10:03
ashman wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 02:14
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/new ... formation/

I think that those ticket prices are a touch steep, judging by what we have been charged recently! :roll:
Understatement of the year mate :lol:

Not so long ago we were raising hell about clubs like Ipswich prices albeit even more than hours.
Haven't Donny done offers for games at their place the past few years?
In general the prices at football grounds are way too high, and I include the prices charged at Posh. Maybe a few more would attend if prices could be revised.
It certainly seems to work at Bradford
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5117
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by Chompy » 29 Dec 2017, 11:24

Wouldn't work with us. Too many fairweathers, not enough hardcores.

I'm happy to give the club my £££ though.

Besides we are the Posh, not the Chavs. Don't want to encourage too many poor people.
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

john316z
Posts: 1993
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by john316z » 29 Dec 2017, 13:44

Chompy wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 11:24
Wouldn't work with us. Too many fairweathers, not enough hardcores.

I'm happy to give the club my £££ though.

Besides we are the Posh, not the Chavs. Don't want to encourage too many poor people.
Lots of nonsense on FB about the plastic fans! It's a bit of a comment that seems to feed people's egos about being "proper" fans. There are lots of reasons why people don't go to every game and the crazy prices we charge for a single adult ticket is one of them. Family and work commitments are others for me. Those have to come first where I'm concerned

Football even at our lowly standard is no longer affordable for "poor people" as you put it (I assumed you were joking anyway!) to go regularly

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by stuie » 29 Dec 2017, 15:48

john316z wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 13:44
Chompy wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 11:24
Wouldn't work with us. Too many fairweathers, not enough hardcores.

I'm happy to give the club my £££ though.

Besides we are the Posh, not the Chavs. Don't want to encourage too many poor people.
Lots of nonsense on FB about the plastic fans! It's a bit of a comment that seems to feed people's egos about being "proper" fans. There are lots of reasons why people don't go to every game and the crazy prices we charge for a single adult ticket is one of them. Family and work commitments are others for me. Those have to come first where I'm concerned

Football even at our lowly standard is no longer affordable for "poor people" as you put it (I assumed you were joking anyway!) to go regularly
spot on
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16436
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by ashman » 29 Dec 2017, 18:16

Peterborough United v Doncaster Rovers

REFEREE: JOHN BROOKS

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Declan Ford and Rob Smith

Fourth Official: Nicholas Cooper
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5398
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by superposh80 » 31 Dec 2017, 01:32

No idea what to expect here...They have won all 3 festive period games so arrive in decent form.

I'm comfortable with that though...We can't beat teams that haven't won since the first week in November with only 9 men on the park, so what's to lose?

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 01:34

superposh80 wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 01:32
No idea what to expect here...They have won all 3 festive period games so arrive in decent form.

I'm comfortable with that though...We can't beat teams that haven't won since the first week in November with only 9 men on the park, so what's to lose?
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5117
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by Chompy » 31 Dec 2017, 02:16

Sports betting can be unpredictable at the best of times, but trying to work out what this current Posh squad will do is nigh on impossible.

I was going to take the over on Posh goals v MK. Glad I didn't now. A ridiculously inconsistent, unpredictable team. Like off the charts.

I'll just turn up and enjoy the ride, but if pushed Doncaster to smash and grab us at 2-1 would be the bet.

Bond; Shephard Taff Taylor Hughes; Grant Doughty Forrester; Lloyd Maddison Marriott.

DO NOT start Lopes-About or Non-entity.
1-2 Blackburn, 7-1 Poshies, 7-2 Draw. 1-2? Like finding it on the floor!

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15376
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Posh v Doncaster

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 02:36

Chompy wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 02:16
Sports betting can be unpredictable at the best of times, but trying to work out what this current Posh squad will do is nigh on impossible.

I was going to take the over on Posh goals v MK. Glad I didn't now. A ridiculously inconsistent, unpredictable team. Like off the charts.

I'll just turn up and enjoy the ride, but if pushed Doncaster to smash and grab us at 2-1 would be the bet.

Bond; Shephard Taff Taylor Hughes; Grant Doughty Forrester; Lloyd Maddison Marriott.

DO NOT start Lopes-About or Non-entity.
ta
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: superposh80 and 3 guests