Franchise v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
bettingbill
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by bettingbill » 31 Dec 2017, 13:59

Chompy wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:19
Don't think we should be giving up just yet. Wait and see what the window brings. There's plenty enough talent in this squad to make the top six.
+1

Therein lies the enigma though, most would agree the squad has plenty of talent, so the reason we are consistently inconsistent is what exactly?

As for Junior there lies another enigma. Brilliant to see the lad back, but I am far from convinced his return is suddenly going to be the catalyst that sees us return to the form of the first month of the season.
His dedication shown pre-season was rightly applauded but despite showing great form when the sun was out, we were as a team flying which certainly makes any players job easier, but is it unfair of me to question his importance to the team?
Is it also unfair to think that if we do sign a strapping CF as suggested that regardless of form he may spend much of this season sitting down?

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4821
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by Chompy » 31 Dec 2017, 14:22

Think you're being a tad harsh on Junior.

It took a lot of work in the summer to drop all that timber and he was as impressive pre-season as Gormley was meh.

We were 0-0 at Oldham and top of the league when he went down.

He was never going to be match fit yesterday buut he'll be a key player once back.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

bettingbill
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by bettingbill » 31 Dec 2017, 16:09

All veey true, but the point being Chompy if we sign another proven forward, and one assumes on decent wages where will that leave the lad. Will his rejuvantion from last year be enough to get him a start in front of whoever the new gut may be?

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4821
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by Chompy » 31 Dec 2017, 16:16

Which is why we may need to let Bondy go I guess.

The new striker will be replacing Gormley and I'd guess will be on similar wages.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15190
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 19:52

john316z wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:33
ashman wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:28
Chompy wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:19
Don't think we should be giving up just yet. Wait and see what the window brings. There's plenty enough talent in this squad to make the top six.
You are quite correct in what you say about the talent. It's just a matter of if we can harness that talent, coupled with a few well selected mid season transfers. It has been done by teams before us.
Spot on guys. We can give up in February if that's what happens post transfer window!
I have not given up, and we have an outside chance of making the play offs, however I am finding the prospect of this unlikely
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 4821
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by Chompy » 31 Dec 2017, 19:59

Wigan, Blackburn and Shrewsbury(!) have three of the top six spots sewn up barring accidents.

Then it's perm any three from Scunny, Bradford, Pompey, Charlton, Rotherham and us. DMac's Twitter whingers should realise that's pretty illustrious company we're keeping given our budget and gates, but we all take it for granted that's where we belong. Says a lot for what he's done for the club that we now just assume we'll always be in the mix.

Four of the six clubs above (excluding us and Pompey) look set to scrap it out for the signing of Kieffer Moore. Would love us to join the race. Guy is a monster at this level and 100% our missing link.

We are around 2-1 shots to make the top six currently, which is about right.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15190
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 21:18

Chompy wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 19:59
Wigan, Blackburn and Shrewsbury(!) have three of the top six spots sewn up barring accidents.

Then it's perm any three from Scunny, Bradford, Pompey, Charlton, Rotherham and us. DMac's Twitter whingers should realise that's pretty illustrious company we're keeping given our budget and gates, but we all take it for granted that's where we belong. Says a lot for what he's done for the club that we now just assume we'll always be in the mix.

Four of the six clubs above (excluding us and Pompey) look set to scrap it out for the signing of Kieffer Moore. Would love us to join the race. Guy is a monster at this level and 100% our missing link.

We are around 2-1 shots to make the top six currently, which is about right.
gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15190
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 21:20

superposh80 wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 13:07
DoubleRay wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 11:59
Free scoring Luton lost yesterday 4-0 to midtable Port Vale. These sort of results happen when games are congested. Yes Posh were confounded yesterday but to suggest sacking the manager after one bad result over the Christmas period is just like throwing your toys out the pram. We just have to accept we will still be a division one side next season.
Good post for you Ray....

It wasn't the defeat that hurt so much...rather than the circumstances that surrounded it.

The likelihood is we will be a league one side next season....We are neither good enough or consistent enough to be anything else.

You can't expect everyone to just sit back and accept it though.

The heirachy need to get this transfer window bang on though...that's for sure.
spot on, in the reality of daylight I agree

it was not that we lost to MK dons, it was that we were thrown a golden opportunity on the day and failed

onwards and upwards, looking forward to watching the Donny game tomorrow from a distance (I think)
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26603
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 31 Dec 2017, 22:44

stuie wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 21:20


spot on, in the reality of daylight I agree

it was not that we lost to MK dons, it was that we were thrown a golden opportunity on the day and failed

onwards and upwards, looking forward to watching the Donny game tomorrow from a distance (I think)
Off to Madrid for New Years Day I presume
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15190
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by stuie » 31 Dec 2017, 23:35

bristleposh wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 22:44
stuie wrote:
31 Dec 2017, 21:20


spot on, in the reality of daylight I agree

it was not that we lost to MK dons, it was that we were thrown a golden opportunity on the day and failed

onwards and upwards, looking forward to watching the Donny game tomorrow from a distance (I think)
Off to Madrid for New Years Day I presume
:wink: Couldn't possibly comment
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9007
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Franchise v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 31 Dec 2017, 23:41

superposh80 wrote:
26 Dec 2017, 18:45
As a Posh fan....Turning this awful mob over is as good as it gets for me.. Especially on their patch.

I don't care how we do it...Or how good or bad we are in doing it.

Just do it.
I guess they are still laughing................ :roll:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dunc and 2 guests