Posh v Bury

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Posh v Bury

Post by superposh80 » 23 Dec 2017, 22:47

....It doesn't improve your understanding that's for sure.

You'll be making MOM awards based on radio commentary next.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Dec 2017, 02:22

Listening to Sam Edwards and Francis Green only serves to remind how good Uncle Edwin was. I miss Edwin.

As for Radio Cambs telling us Green and Edwards get plenty of praise...this is on a par with LDSL being a £10m player.

Anthony Grant, with his incredible know-how, has a good few years left in him, certainly at L1 level. Still don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Re: Penny, Swanny wrote today that his pace bailed him out. It's hard to judge how quick he is or otherwise imo, he's so ungainly.
john316z wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 21:41
Usual family stand bellends today.... Who cheers one of their own being substituted?
90% idiots. Confirmed.

I had a serial moaner stood next to me too. We seem to have our share of those. Whatever became of "Get it on the floor Peterborough!" who used to stand in LR?
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Dec 2017, 08:31

Chompy wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 02:22
Listening to Sam Edwards and Francis Green only serves to remind how good Uncle Edwin was. I miss Edwin.
They said today that Edwin had received special permission to man his Farm Shop near Wisbech.
He'll be back. Thank goodness.
By the way, I've taken you off "ignore". Merry Christmas.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 24 Dec 2017, 09:50

tonyp wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 22:29
bristleposh wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 21:30
A worrying detail from today's commentary was from the expert (?) Francis Green, I believe, who said Anthony Grant is coming to the end of his career. That is a worry because he seems to have been our outstanding player this season, and at 30 I'd have thought he had a few seasons left.
I listened to it in bed again and I think the Radio Cambs commentators are hopeless.

They did nothing but complain during the first half. We were very lucky to be 1-0 ahead at half time. In fact they thought Bury should’ve been ahead.
They moaned about Anderson the whole time and I can’t remember hearing Marriott’s name mentioned in the first half.
Francis Green spent a lot of the time telling us how good Francis Green was.
He thought that Bury played magnificently and were sure to avoid relegation if they kept playing that way.
It seems to me that had they not gone down to 10 men we would have been lucky to win.
They liked Lloyd who only asked for a transfer to get more playing time.

I’m just pleased that we won.

Oh. And reading between the lines of the commentary I'd make Lloyd or Grant Man of the Match.
Tbf Tony I'm the first half we were truly awful and lucky to be 1-0 up. Bury had lots of possession, some nice football and Bond made a couple of great saves

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Dec 2017, 10:24

Doesn't get any more 'fensy' than taking time of work to look after a farm shop in Wisbech.

Great news his return is imminent.

Also have to say great ref yesterday. They take plenty of stick when they're terrible, but rarely get mentioned when they're decent.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

stuie

Post by stuie » 24 Dec 2017, 11:52

Chompy wrote:
23 Dec 2017, 18:43
Workmanlike but effective against a pretty but ineffective opponent.

At no stage did it feel like we weren't winning this game, but we were a long way from our best. Good sign I guess.

Granty outstanding again. Maddison and Marriott would walk into any L1 side, including Wigan, and Lloydy has stepped up and then some.

Darragh's always going on about players grabbing their opportunities and Lloyd has done that alright. He won't be going anywhere in January. A lot's changed since he requested being listed.

Almost got through half-time without a burst of Seven Nation Army too.
good to hear
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 24 Dec 2017, 11:58

didn't watch this one, but when I do listen, Francis Green is a very poor commentator, not enough commentary about the game.
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Dec 2017, 12:04

stuie wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 11:58
didn't watch this one, but when I do listen, Francis Green is a very poor commentator, not enough commentary about the game.
..... but he surely can't be worse than Guy Branston?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Dec 2017, 12:25

ashman wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 12:04
stuie wrote:
Just as bad
Being happy never goes out of style

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 24 Dec 2017, 12:40

ashman wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 12:04
stuie wrote:
Yeeesh, is such a thing possible?

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 24 Dec 2017, 12:46

For nearly an hour, we looked second-best at home to the bottom of the table team. The performance was almost as bad as that in the home match against Tranmere. If their shot which hit the post on 52 minutes had gone in, the mood in the ground might have become a little irritable.

I thought O'Connell was slightly unlucky with both yellow cards. Fifteen minutes from the end, their player Cameron deliberately handled the ball in our penalty area, but although a free kick was awarded, he wasn't yellow-carded. Marriott's free header a few minutes after the dismissal owed a lot to O'Connell's absence.

A tip of the hat to Bury's #10 Danny Mayor who was twice fouled badly by Grant and Maddison at the start of the second half. He accepted handshakes from both perpetrators.

Apparently a 'zombie spice' user stole YoYo Anderson's shirt before the game and subsequently wandered around on the pitch for forty-five minutes, falling over frequently, before being apprehended. Fortunately, he avoided the ball assiduously, so he had no impact on the outcome of the game. The shirt has been recovered, and is officially designated as 'empty'.

Although he's had better games, I thought Grant's contribution and attitude were exemplary.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 24 Dec 2017, 12:53

JohnC wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 12:46
For nearly an hour, we looked second-best at home to the bottom of the table team. The performance was almost as bad as that in the home match against Tranmere. If their shot which hit the post on 52 minutes had gone in, the mood in the ground might have become a little irritable.

I thought O'Connell was slightly unlucky with both yellow cards. Fifteen minutes from the end, their player Cameron deliberately handled the ball in our penalty area, but although a free kick was awarded, he wasn't yellow-carded. Marriott's free header a few minutes after the dismissal owed a lot to O'Connell's absence.

A tip of the hat to Bury's #10 Danny Mayor who was twice fouled badly by Grant and Maddison at the start of the second half. He accepted handshakes from both perpetrators.

Apparently a 'zombie spice' user stole YoYo Anderson's shirt before the game and subsequently wandered around on the pitch for forty-five minutes, falling over frequently, before being apprehended. Fortunately, he avoided the ball assiduously, so he had no impact on the outcome of the game. The shirt has been recovered, and is officially designated as 'empty'.

Although he's had better games, I thought Grant's contribution and attitude were exemplary.
Fair summary of Anderson. Watch the difference between his work rate and that of Junior Morias when he returns.