LDSL

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: LDSL

Post by Chompy » 01 Feb 2018, 11:16

100% right from Swanny but also 100% right from SP.

Continuing to play him now can't help the kid in any way.

Unfortunately, terrace cretins and always going to do what comes naturally.

I'd put him into hibernation until the spring and then go back to the policy of playing him mainly in away matches. Away support is never going to give him the stick he gets from the Family Stand morons.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 01 Feb 2018, 14:48

From my seat near the half-way line in the main stand, I've never heard any heckling directed towards LDSL, nor did I in the case of Nichols. I can't speak for the Family Stand (I migrated from it about four years ago due to what I regarded as officious and obstructive behaviour by the stewards). If LDSL ever goes home sobbing after a game, he's probably in the wrong business. He's at the stage in his career where 'playing experience age' trumps 'calendar age', and allowance ceases to be made on the grounds of 'youth'. LDSL has made 83 senior appearances last season and this, and unless something changes, he stands a chance of being the player in our current squad with the most appearances for this period. Fans are entitled to expect something from a virtual ever-present in whom professional judges within the club have identified 'EPL potential', but speaking for myself, I see no improvement in his game since the beginning of last season. Scoring his annual goal some time soon would be a positive development.

stuie

Post by stuie » 01 Feb 2018, 15:32

JohnC wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 14:48
From my seat near the half-way line in the main stand, I've never heard any heckling directed towards LDSL, nor did I in the case of Nichols. I can't speak for the Family Stand (I migrated from it about four years ago due to what I regarded as officious and obstructive behaviour by the stewards). If LDSL ever goes home sobbing after a game, he's probably in the wrong business. He's at the stage in his career where 'playing experience age' trumps 'calendar age', and allowance ceases to be made on the grounds of 'youth'. LDSL has made 83 senior appearances last season and this, and unless something changes, he stands a chance of being the player in our current squad with the most appearances for this period. Fans are entitled to expect something from a virtual ever-present in whom professional judges within the club have identified 'EPL potential', but speaking for myself, I see no improvement in his game since the beginning of last season. Scoring his annual goal some time soon would be a positive development.
I sit in the family stand, upper tier just London rd side of half way, some of the moaning and groaning and stupid shouting at players beggers belief
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 01 Feb 2018, 17:55

Agree no point in booing but he does not deserve his place in the team in any way shape or form. Apparently until Shepherd played well at Villa we needed a new right back as after a handful of games neither he nor Penny were considered good enough, however LDSL can play game after game after game whilst producing virtually nothing. Very few players in the squad are afforded the same luxury.

Admittedly it is the clubs fault for the constant hype but he doesn’t help himself either with his demeanour and continual under achievement.

The constant moaning about the groans when a player does something that doesn’t come off is a nonsense as it’s a natural reaction as a football fan, just as cheering or applauding when we score or something goes well.

Oh and for Swan to say Posh got worse after he was taken off last Saturday is frankly laughable and also totally inaccurate. The radio and TV commentators apparently also said he was very poor on Saturday so maybe they have an ‘agenda’ as well. Or maybe they’d just heard all the hype as well and actually expected some end product.

stuie

Post by stuie » 01 Feb 2018, 18:22

HantsPosh wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 17:55

The constant moaning about the groans when a player does something that doesn’t come off is a nonsense as it’s a natural reaction as a football fan, just as cheering or applauding when we score or something goes well.

gpwm

I guess I never phrased it quite right, as I moan and groan as well, it is the idiots shouting at the player how bad he is, at the top of their voices that does my head in

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Feb 2018, 18:26

Sneezing is a natural reaction.

Moaning and groaning, I'm pretty sure, is a choice.
Evens Poshies, 3-1 Wombles, 5-2 Draw

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Feb 2018, 18:36

JohnC wrote:
From my seat near the half-way line in the main stand, I've never heard any heckling directed towards LDSL, nor did I in the case of Nichols.
Should have gone to Specsavers - they do hearing aids too! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 01 Feb 2018, 22:07

ashman wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 18:36
JohnC wrote:
From my seat near the half-way line in the main stand, I've never heard any heckling directed towards LDSL, nor did I in the case of Nichols.
Should have gone to Specsavers - they do hearing aids too! :lol:
Obviously I'm not hearing the voices which you are; maybe I should go to the Arc Institute for Hearing Voices; it worked for Joan.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » 02 Feb 2018, 07:53

My summary on this is as follows;
Fans - never ever boo your own player,it makes things worse.
Grant McCann - pick the best players,it's not rocket science!
UTP

stuie

Post by stuie » 02 Feb 2018, 08:26

Lewis wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 07:53
My summary on this is as follows;
Fans - never ever boo your own player,it makes things worse.
Grant McCann - pick the best players,it's not rocket science!
UTP
gpwm

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 02 Feb 2018, 17:37

I have heard loads of groans and moans every time the lad does something wrong or mistimes a pass but rarely hear the opposite when he's doing well or having a good game and he has had some good games but they soon get forgotten.
Does make me wonder if other fans treat their players equally badly?
Wouldn't be surprised if Swannies remarks were at the behest of DM because he appears to consistently drool over DM's favourites who rarely get the wrath of his comments.... Or maybe its just a coincidence?