Fleetwood v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Fleetwood v Posh

Post by Chompy » 17 Dec 2017, 19:17

Not much he can do until January, as he refuses to start Gormley, while Kanu isn't ready.

Hopefully today's result will see Lloyd get the nod ahead of LDSL. His touch may not be the best but he's buzzy and stuff happens when he's on the pitch.

Morias, Marriott, MM, Edwards, new striker in January. The future's brighter than had we lost this one. Big result today.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 19:24

yes big respect to those that made it

really hope Edwards is ok

To be honest imo, first half was a reasonable Posh performance, but not in the last 3rd,

2nd half much the same, until the last 5 minutes

we didn't deserve to go 1 down or 2 1 down, looked like game over, great to see us come back and win, and I guess this was our comeback from losing to Charlton after90 minutes

I guess over the 90 no real man of the match, however I guess Maddison with assists
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 19:24

Chompy wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 19:17
Not much he can do until January, as he refuses to start Gormley, while Kanu isn't ready.

Hopefully today's result will see Lloyd get the nod ahead of LDSL. His touch may not be the best but he's buzzy and stuff happens when he's on the pitch.

Morias, Marriott, MM, Edwards, new striker in January. The future's brighter than had we lost this one. Big result today.
yup big result today

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 17 Dec 2017, 20:23

Ankle tendons is the likely outcome with Gwion. Not ideal.
9-2 Posh, 5-2 Draw, 4-7 Leicester

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 20:43

Chompy wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 20:23
Ankle tendons is the likely outcome with Gwion. Not ideal.
ta, how long will that take to repair, felt we missed him today

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Dec 2017, 20:57

Great result today. I listened to the game in bed! The reception disappeared a couple of times and I nearly nodded off. But what a great last ten minutes or so.
My man of the match was Maddison again. The number of assists is quite remarkable.
The commentators thought that the ref was the worst they'd ever seen mainly because he failed to give us two penalties. Just one of them and the score could have been 4-2 to Posh. A scoreline I like.
Hopefully the knockers will give credit where credit is due. Not only the knockers but also the pessimistic fans who genuinely expected us to lose.
Sounded as though it was a terrible afternoon weather wise and, as Stuie says, big respect to those poshies who made it.
:comeon: :comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 21:06

tonyp wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 20:57
Great result today. I listened to the game in bed! The reception disappeared a couple of times and I nearly nodded off. But what a great last ten minutes or so.
My man of the match was Maddison again. The number of assists is quite remarkable.
The commentators thought that the ref was the worst they'd ever seen mainly because he failed to give us two penalties. Just one of them and the score could have been 4-2 to Posh. A scoreline I like.
Hopefully the knockers will give credit where credit is due. Not only the knockers but also the pessimistic fans who genuinely expected us to lose.
Sounded as though it was a terrible afternoon weather wise and, as Stuie says, big respect to those poshies who made it.
:comeon: :comeon:
I am sure those who were at the game will comment regards the penalties, but for me they could have been, might of been, but not definite penalties, mt view was the opposite side to the Poshies that made it there

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 17 Dec 2017, 21:14

the wind in the second half did posh a good turn

maddisons long distance shots and crosses were like rocket launches, virtually undefendable at times

he really was looking like one and a half divisions better than almost everyone else on the pitch

if his shot which skimmed the bar had gone in, then that would have been a real belter

the one penalty when it was 1-1 seemed to me to be somewhere between "nailed on" and "stonewall"

any others were maybe maybe not.

if they had been awarded against posh I would have felt we had been unlucky

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 21:21

trevormans wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 21:14

maddisons long distance shots and crosses were like rocket launches, virtually undefendable at times

he really was looking like one and a half divisions better than almost everyone else on the pitch

if his shot which skimmed the bar had gone in, then that would have been a real belter

the one penalty when it was 1-1 seemed to me to be somewhere between "nailed on" and "stonewall"

cheers for your opinions

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 17 Dec 2017, 22:42

trevormans wrote:

Thanks for that, those who went who I've spoke to reckon the shove was a foul anywhere else on the pitch and the scythe was as blatant as I have ever seen (after seeing it on youtube) http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... terborough

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 23:02

Wycliffe wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 22:42
trevormans wrote:

Thanks for that, those who went who I've spoke to reckon the shove was a foul anywhere else on the pitch and the scythe was as blatant as I have ever seen (after seeing it on youtube) http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... terborough
thanks for the footage

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 17 Dec 2017, 23:26

Yep, should have had two penalties but Marcus M. was truly magnificent. Generally a poor showing from Posh, but the last five minutes showed some fight and guts. Was cold, but suffered worse, very wet and traffic heavy all the way there and back. Taylor a very poor game surprisingly.
Build for next Season.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Dec 2017, 23:30

Brianposh wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 23:26
Yep, should have had two penalties but Marcus M. was truly magnificent. Generally a poor showing from Posh, but the last five minutes showed some fight and guts. Was cold, but suffered worse, very wet and traffic heavy all the way there and back. Taylor a very poor game surprisingly.
Build for next Season.
thanks for the report

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Dec 2017, 00:29

Brianposh wrote:
Build for next Season.
Thanks for the report Brian. Congratulations on making the effort to attend the game.
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 18 Dec 2017, 00:39

tonyp wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 00:29
Brianposh wrote:
Build for next Season.
Thanks for the report Brian. Congratulations on making the effort to attend the game.
Thanks Tony, but the body at over 81 is telling me how difficult it is now. :lol:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.