Current Form

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 12 Dec 2017, 18:26

Ceenitall wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:24
stuie wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:16
Current form is 4 points in 5 games. We all know that this is relegation material, hopefully the first 4 wins, a bit more luck along the way might keep us away from a relegation battle. 1.4 points a game so far this season, is at best mid table obscurity, which is where we have just hit in league position

lets hope for a win tonight, a cup final at Villa, and a day out at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy
Are we getting a new Manager then?
well that's not up to me, however once we drop below half way, and if still there after Christmas, I think all bets are open, what do you think
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Current Form

Post by john316z » 12 Dec 2017, 18:51

Ceenitall wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:24
stuie wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:16
Current form is 4 points in 5 games. We all know that this is relegation material, hopefully the first 4 wins, a bit more luck along the way might keep us away from a relegation battle. 1.4 points a game so far this season, is at best mid table obscurity, which is where we have just hit in league position

lets hope for a win tonight, a cup final at Villa, and a day out at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy
Are we getting a new Manager then?
Our form would suggest so, wouldn't you say?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26457
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Current Form

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2017, 19:03

Just so we get back on thread, our current form is dire if there is a table out there and there probably is I think we'd be top by a long way, on how many points have been lost from winning positions. If you include cup matches in that I think it becomes even worse.

As I've said before the team should not own a dog as they certainly can't hold on to a lead.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18573
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Current Form

Post by tonyp » 14 Dec 2017, 08:00

john316z wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:51
Ceenitall wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:24
stuie wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:16
Current form is 4 points in 5 games. We all know that this is relegation material, hopefully the first 4 wins, a bit more luck along the way might keep us away from a relegation battle. 1.4 points a game so far this season, is at best mid table obscurity, which is where we have just hit in league position

lets hope for a win tonight, a cup final at Villa, and a day out at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy
Are we getting a new Manager then?
Our form would suggest so, wouldn't you say?
No. Our form is not down entirely to the manager.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Current Form

Post by john316z » 14 Dec 2017, 09:11

tonyp wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 08:00
john316z wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:51
Ceenitall wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:24


Are we getting a new Manager then?
Our form would suggest so, wouldn't you say?
No. Our form is not down entirely to the manager.
I don't think I said that did I? But manager's usually cop the blame in the end

superposh80
Posts: 4988
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Current Form

Post by superposh80 » 14 Dec 2017, 10:31

...The buck stops with the manager so yes he'll cop the blame.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2017, 11:26

superposh80 wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 10:31
...The buck stops with the manager.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Ceenitall
Posts: 1109
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Current Form

Post by Ceenitall » 14 Dec 2017, 11:57

If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2017, 12:51

Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
if my grand mother had testicles she would be my grand father
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4988
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Current Form

Post by superposh80 » 14 Dec 2017, 13:18

Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
Ricky Miller threw them away.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2017, 13:21

superposh80 wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 13:18
Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
Ricky Miller threw them away.
or the instructions, or lack of instructions from McCann
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

john316z
Posts: 1711
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Current Form

Post by john316z » 14 Dec 2017, 14:21

Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
That's more down to our abysmal form overall rather than 1 game only.... It's a bit like saying we can blame relegation all those years ago on the Palace game. When we ignore the fact we lost all of our first 7 games

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2017, 14:27

john316z wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 14:21
Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
That's more down to our abysmal form overall rather than 1 game only.... It's a bit like saying we can blame relegation all those years ago on the Palace game. When we ignore the fact we lost all of our first 7 games
yep, I call that season, the 7 game and 7 minute season
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80
Posts: 4988
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Current Form

Post by superposh80 » 14 Dec 2017, 17:02

stuie wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 13:21
superposh80 wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 13:18
Ceenitall wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 11:57
If we are 2 points short of the play off's at the final count it will be down to the manager, he threw them away at Charlton.
Ricky Miller threw them away.
or the instructions, or lack of instructions from McCann
I'm pretty sure McCann wouldn't have told Miller to shoot from 40 yards in the 93rd minute rather than take the ball to the corner flag and keep possession.

Another reason why he'll be on his bike soon.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15017
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Current Form

Post by stuie » 14 Dec 2017, 17:13

superposh80 wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 17:02


I'm pretty sure McCann wouldn't have told Miller to shoot from 40 yards in the 93rd minute rather than take the ball to the corner flag and keep possession.

Another reason why he'll be on his bike soon.
:stupid: however, did he say, go fill your boots, nothing, or keep it tight :question:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests