Current Form

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Current Form

Post by john316z » 11 Dec 2017, 19:14

Stolen off dot net and feel free to move to an appropriate thread if necessary. I felt it worthy in its own right as it shows our recent form is more like relegation form than mid table....

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.as ... e=england3

Not pleasant reading and could imply that in January we should look to sign some scrappers as we may need them if this form continues

superposh80

Re: Current Form

Post by superposh80 » 11 Dec 2017, 20:07

i wouldn't expect too much from the blue tinted specs brigade on this, as they'll just see it as negative...but this has been creeping up on us for a while now and our stats...as well as many of our performances over the past 3 months...are pretty shocking.

august was papering over a lot of cracks...but they're starting to show through now.

problem is...i just can't see this team going on a winning run. we haven't won 2 on the trot since august and there's no sign of that changing anytime soon.

would anyone on this forum really fancy this team in a dogfight?

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Dec 2017, 20:26

john316z wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 19:14
Stolen off dot net and feel free to move to an appropriate thread if necessary. I felt it worthy in its own right as it shows our recent form is more like relegation form than mid table....

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.as ... e=england3

Not pleasant reading and could imply that in January we should look to sign some scrappers as we may need them if this form continues
The stats do not lie
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 11 Dec 2017, 20:27

superposh80 wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 20:07
i wouldn't expect too much from the blue tinted specs brigade on this, as they'll just see it as negative...but this has been creeping up on us for a while now and our stats...as well as many of our performances over the past 3 months...are pretty shocking.

august was papering over a lot of cracks...but they're starting to show through now.

problem is...i just can't see this team going on a winning run. we haven't won 2 on the trot since august and there's no sign of that changing anytime soon.

would anyone on this forum really fancy this team in a dogfight?
yes, yes yes, but no

for sure top 6 is not probable, top half possible

or is that no, no, no, but yes

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 11 Dec 2017, 23:18

We don't need a table to show that we're not in good form right now.
What we need is some good players in January as well as the return of Morias. Forrester to keep improving. Maddison and Marriott to stay. Anthony Grant to continue playing man of the match performances. Keep Jonathan Bond one way or another. Appoint a new captain.
Not much to ask. Our form will improve. Everybody will be happy. Including DMac and the fans.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Dec 2017, 23:26

tonyp wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:18
What we need is some good players in January as well as the return of Morias. Forrester to keep improving. Maddison and Marriott to stay. Anthony Grant to continue playing man of the match performances. Keep Jonathan Bond one way or another. Appoint a new captain.
Not much to ask. Our form will improve. Everybody will be happy. Including DMac and the fans.
Sorry Tony but I think you are reading from the Corbyn thread, we have no money to strengthen the only way is to offload either of the Ms.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 12 Dec 2017, 00:19

bristleposh wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:26
tonyp wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:18
Sorry Tony but I think you are reading from the Corbyn thread, we have no money to strengthen the only way is to offload either of the Ms.
What Corbyn thread?
I'm saying what I think we need to do to improve our chances.
You are entitled to disagree.
I still think it would work.
How do you know DMac won't plough in more money? He might have won Gold Lotto.
Do you agree withe bit "We don't need a table to show that we're not in good form right now." or is that in the Corbyn thread as well?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 12 Dec 2017, 05:54

There's no guarantee we'll improve with new signings...Fans should remember, we've fallen apart after Christmas for the past two seasons and the January transfer window has been a disaster for us.

As for the stats...They don't lie and they're just backing up the majority of performances we've witnessed for the past 3 months.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 12 Dec 2017, 09:24

superposh80 wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 05:54
There's no guarantee we'll improve with new signings...Fans should remember, we've fallen apart after Christmas for the past two seasons and the January transfer window has been a disaster for us.

As for the stats...They don't lie and they're just backing up the majority of performances we've witnessed for the past 3 months.
There is no guarantee we'll improve with new signings but we're allowed to hope that we will.
The January transfer window has been a disaster. This one could be different.

Nothing wrong with being positive and hopeful.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2017, 09:49

ashman wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 09:43
bristleposh wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:26
Why would you want to offload Ms. Tony or Ms bristle? :wink:
Because of the need to bring in money to be able to spend, Marriot and Maddison are our only two saleable assets at present despite the talk of Anderson, Leo and Forrester I think at the moment we'd probably need to pay another team to take them off our hands. Unless of course DMac digs deeply into his dwindling funds.
If I die tomorrow I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone The spirit carries on

john316z

Post by john316z » 12 Dec 2017, 15:08

I assume the thread has drifted as the elder blue tinted brigade dont want to talk about our very obvious relegation form. Something's gotta change especially as we usually get a dip in form in January. Imagine that we get worse than we are currently????

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 12 Dec 2017, 15:44

john316z wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 15:08
I assume the thread has drifted as the elder blue tinted brigade dont want to talk about our very obvious relegation form. Something's gotta change especially as we usually get a dip in form in January. Imagine that we get worse than we are currently????
One or two of them don't....their blinkers are so firmly attached, they probably still think we're in the Championship.

The january dip has almost become the norm....So why will it change this season?

At the moment...I can't see any evidence that it will

john316z

Post by john316z » 12 Dec 2017, 18:03

drift drift drift.... so no opinions on our current form then??? I shared it as it put a lot of evidence behind how poor our form has become recently and without much to back up a change... But then again it is easier to hurl insults than form an opinion....

stuie

Post by stuie » 12 Dec 2017, 18:16

Current form is 4 points in 5 games. We all know that this is relegation material, hopefully the first 4 wins, a bit more luck along the way might keep us away from a relegation battle. 1.4 points a game so far this season, is at best mid table obscurity, which is where we have just hit in league position

lets hope for a win tonight, a cup final at Villa, and a day out at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 12 Dec 2017, 18:24

stuie wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 18:16
Current form is 4 points in 5 games. We all know that this is relegation material, hopefully the first 4 wins, a bit more luck along the way might keep us away from a relegation battle. 1.4 points a game so far this season, is at best mid table obscurity, which is where we have just hit in league position

lets hope for a win tonight, a cup final at Villa, and a day out at Wembley in the checkatrade trophy
Are we getting a new Manager then?