Grant McCann - Manager

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
superposh80
Posts: 5534
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by superposh80 » 27 Feb 2018, 00:13

....And there's me thinking it was Grant McCann that did mid table...

On a budget that only Evans can dream of at Mansfield.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15926
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by DaveLister » 27 Feb 2018, 00:57

john316z wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 23:39
DaveLister wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 23:00
It'll be a disaster if we don't appoint him BP. In years to come we'll erect a memorial to him in Glebe Rd, to recognise the dual failure of this season. While Mansfield reach the giddy heights of League Two mid table.
I wish we were mid table in 5th :lol:
It's only february. Evans has got plenty of time to screw that up.
Image

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 27 Feb 2018, 07:52

DaveLister wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 00:57
john316z wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 23:39
DaveLister wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 23:00
It'll be a disaster if we don't appoint him BP. In years to come we'll erect a memorial to him in Glebe Rd, to recognise the dual failure of this season. While Mansfield reach the giddy heights of League Two mid table.
I wish we were mid table in 5th :lol:
It's only february. Evans has got plenty of time to screw that up.
Aye that's true. But he does have a track record of promotions on his CV too

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by tonyp » 27 Feb 2018, 09:19

It won't be Evans. You read it here first.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 27 Feb 2018, 12:17

tonyp wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 09:19
It won't be Evans. You read it here first.
Because?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27119
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by bristleposh » 27 Feb 2018, 14:40

Chompy wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 12:17
tonyp wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 09:19
It won't be Evans. You read it here first.
Because?
Because he was the first to say it, it's not rocket science
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 27 Feb 2018, 15:03

Maybe try to be less naive?

It's literally weeks since that Marco Silva-Watford-Everton nonsense played out. You always take football folk at their word?

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 23 Apr 2018, 21:46

Think his chances of getting the Scunthorpe gig have gone tbh.

However, a job has just become available with a L2 club (about to get relegated from L1) in the nearby area.

Would he? I would if I were him. Winklepickers has always seemed a bit of a fan too.

14-1 with BetVictor and 16-1 with Skybet.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15926
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by DaveLister » 24 Apr 2018, 01:30

Chompy wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 21:46
Think his chances of getting the Scunthorpe gig have gone tbh.

However, a job has just become available with a L2 club (about to get relegated from L1) in the nearby area.

Would he? I would if I were him. Winklepickers has always seemed a bit of a fan too.

14-1 with BetVictor and 16-1 with Skybet.
Dunno. Right now he's spending a lot of time gaining coaching experience at other clubs and having a lot of family time. If he goes to MK it'll be soon you'd think so he can have a decent pre season, but surely he can do better than them.
Image

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 27 May 2018, 00:43

1-2 to become next Barnsley manager.

Baffling tbh. This is a top L1 job.

trevormans
Posts: 256
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by trevormans » 27 May 2018, 10:14

If he is as bad a manager as some people on this website claim, then should our response be not "its baffling" but rather "whoopee".

as it clearly removes one of our potential serious rivals from the peloton

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 27 May 2018, 10:19

Of course, it's good for us. As long as our remaining signgins are somewhat more ambitious and we start the season looking up rather than down.

Sunderland will walk this league whatever. 9-2 with Skybet is a gift.

They've got an excellent young manager and their three first touted signing are going to be for approx £3m, £1m and £1m.

Our first three were free, free and free. Therein lies the difference.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16600
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by ashman » 27 May 2018, 10:19

Chompy wrote:
27 May 2018, 00:43
1-2 to become next Barnsley manager.

Baffling tbh. This is a top L1 job.
Why? He is a former Tykes player scoring four goals in over 40 appearances. Went to Barnsley for £100,000 from Cheltenham before joining Scunthorpe and then Posh.
More likely 'worrying' as he could just be a manager that slows down our progress next season.
Wherever he goes I wish him well but just hope that it is not at our expense!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5290
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 27 May 2018, 10:50

It's baffling because this is a big job by L1 standards and he's shown time and again he's not up to it.

john316z
Posts: 2131
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 27 May 2018, 13:15

Hope he gets it. 2 easy games for us next year :clap2:
They should have a good squad for L1 assuming they remain with them

Promotion will be a tough ask but Evans gives us more hope iny book subject to remaining signings of course

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests