Grant McCann - Manager

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by superposh80 » 17 Feb 2018, 15:15

ashman wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 14:54
superposh80 wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 14:46
If he takes your option 2 Ashman....Prepare yourself for anther disappointing season.

The squad is...as it has been for 5 seasons.....Short on quality... unbalanced and needs rebuilding.

McCann...for me....isn't the man to do that.
No idea which option he will take to be honest. I just hope he makes the right decision - who's to say which one that is?
Can't you see it then?

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 17 Feb 2018, 16:10

ashman wrote:
17 Feb 2018, 13:36
DMac has spent an incredible amount on players recently and he seems to be indicating that he is not willing to spend a whole lot more and who can blame him. I think he will be more than pleased if we get into the playoffs this season and that he has no intention of getting rid of Grant McCann at all as he doesn't like being proved wrong. He has two ways of going forward if we don't get up this season.

1) He could sack Grant and sell off all our prized assets during the close season, appoint a new manager, with the promise of letting the new manager spend that accrued dosh and completely revamping the squad.

2) He could continue to show faith in Grant even into next season, keeping our assets, hoping that the youngsters within the squad step up after a season of bench warming and minimal appearances. If he goes down this route I can see a very quiet close season on the signings front.
No way he'll keep Maddison and Marriott in either option. Option 2 would seem a strange one to me. 2 full seasons of McCann and we don't appear to have progressed at all. No idea why a 3rd will make any difference. Definition of insanity springs to mind!

User avatar
Chenza
Posts: 751
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:23
Location: Everywhere

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chenza » 18 Feb 2018, 17:38

He's gotta go
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 18 Feb 2018, 18:05

Chenza wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 17:38
He's gotta go
He'll go home, we'll be great in training and we'll throw away another lead next week.... Groundhog day

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 18 Feb 2018, 18:06

OUT

Enough's enough ffs.

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 18 Feb 2018, 18:56

I'm sure Darraghs Twitter will be on fire tonight with....

Hi Darragh, can you retweet this please I've just bought my new season ticket???

Or it could be Darragh please can we have a slightly better manager....
Last edited by john316z on 18 Feb 2018, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ceenitall
Posts: 1214
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Ceenitall » 18 Feb 2018, 19:00

A good ex player does not a good manager make.

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 18 Feb 2018, 19:25

Mansfield stuck squarely in a promotion push just saying...

HantsPosh
Posts: 374
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by HantsPosh » 18 Feb 2018, 19:35

john316z wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 19:25
Mansfield stuck squarely in a promotion push just saying...
........From League 2, by that logic we should be appointing Nathan Jones, Gareth Ainsworth & John Coleman. I don’t disagree at all that this team won’t get promoted under McCann but please anyone apart from the odious Evans

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Chompy » 18 Feb 2018, 20:36

Hard to be sure whose delusion levels are higher at the moment, GM's or DMac's.

According to both, everything is fine and we just need the breaks. DMac twisting stats to suit his argument.


Darragh MacAnthony
‏Verified account @DMAC102
13m13 minutes ago
Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Daz
'Perspective time' We have lost 2 in last 11 LEAGUE games, Won 4, Drawn 5 games (4 of them we gave lead up when winning & 5th was Wigan away). Margin is tight if you read that again. Not miles from winning consistently again. Truth even if doesn't fit narrative for some. 👍🏻


Well I've been watching different performances for a while now. Coz we've been utter bile.

superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by superposh80 » 18 Feb 2018, 20:54

Since November 1st...

Played 16
Won 5
Drawn 6
Lost 5

Grant and Darragh can twist what they like...but those facts tell us it's mid table mediocracy.

Performances on the pitch would back that up as well.

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 18 Feb 2018, 21:13

HantsPosh wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 19:35
john316z wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 19:25
Mansfield stuck squarely in a promotion push just saying...
........From League 2, by that logic we should be appointing Nathan Jones, Gareth Ainsworth & John Coleman. I don’t disagree at all that this team won’t get promoted under McCann but please anyone apart from the odious Evans
True he'll not please some but his promotion track record speaks for itself. None of those you've mentioned have that. If McBlarney wants promotion he's more likely to get that with someone like Evans or accept sneaking into the top 10 in L1 is our goal

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by john316z » 18 Feb 2018, 21:13

Chompy wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 20:36
Hard to be sure whose delusion levels are higher at the moment, GM's or DMac's.

According to both, everything is fine and we just need the breaks. DMac twisting stats to suit his argument.


Darragh MacAnthony
‏Verified account @DMAC102
13m13 minutes ago
Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Daz
'Perspective time' We have lost 2 in last 11 LEAGUE games, Won 4, Drawn 5 games (4 of them we gave lead up when winning & 5th was Wigan away). Margin is tight if you read that again. Not miles from winning consistently again. Truth even if doesn't fit narrative for some. 👍🏻


Well I've been watching different performances for a while now. Coz we've been utter bile.
Comedy gold from the big man

Ceenitall
Posts: 1214
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Ceenitall » 18 Feb 2018, 22:04

Who stated the obvious, weeks ago?.....and got stick for it.

Ceenitall
Posts: 1214
Joined: 26 Feb 2013, 11:18

Re: Grant McCann - Manager

Post by Ceenitall » 18 Feb 2018, 22:26

An established manager would cost money, we are stuck with GM.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests